X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
    Macklin will be VERY up for this one,Irish fighter getting a shot on St. Patrick's day with the backing of a rowdy Irish crowd.
    I want to see him put pressure on Martinez and keep it there. Martinez has a lot of miles on him and one night he's gonna step on the loud pedal and find out he's out of gas. Will it be tonight? This 1/4 Irishman hopes so.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Fingers xd
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

EPIC fight.

Martinez stopped Macklin in the 11th after a very difficult night.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Yes the fight turned out great.They were pretty much neck and neck until round 8 where Martinez stepped it up and took control.Much respect to Macklin,he put on a very good show,Although a questionable knock down in round 7.It was definitely Martinez's inhuman conditioning that won it for him as Macklin started to fade as the fight went on.KO one round after Martinez predicted,Definitely worth watching
          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

sounds a good fight . will check it out later on utube

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Erik Morales v.s Danny Garcia could be good.

Morales has the advantage of beating some of the best in the world on his side,he also has the power advantage.Garcia will need to use speed to wear him down and try and find the key to breaking that iron jaw.He will need to try and get in morales's head and try and control the pace of the fight.But as long as morales does not try to out manoeuver him i say he takes it

Who ya got?

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

mmmm toughy ... i keep expecting morales to get old .. he has been in some superstar fights and been in with the best .. was it his last fight maidana were he just lost he seemed like he still had pleanty in the locker and looked good .... aint seen much garcia but know he is a bit of an up and coming star in the making ... will check on more garcia before i put my money down .. but if garcia won its a great scalp to have for a young fighter.

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  mmmm toughy ... i keep expecting morales to get old ...
                  He's like Martinez, I keep expecting to see him crawl through the ropes one night and just not have it anymore. A LOT of tough miles on that chassis. I think he's got one more left in him, Morales by UD.
                  "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

I don't really see this one going to the cards. I am going with Morales in a late KO much like in the Martinez/Macklin fight.
                    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

just heard Morales has been stripped of his belt for not making weight for the fight.He came it at 142lbs,2 punds over the fight weight.He was also docked $50,000 from his $1 million purse which was added to Garcia's.Morales has said he doesn't really care about being stripped because he has already won the belt,and if he forced him self to drop the two pounds it could hinder his performance in the fight.

Not sure if I like the attitude there.I can understand where he is coming from,He is a champion in 4 different divisions but if the weight limit is 140,he should be in at 140 come weigh in time,no?.That being said it is Garcia's first title shot so he will be bringing his A game,and the smart thing for Morales to do would be to take the title strip to ensure he wins the fight.Garcia is going to be hungry so why risk fatigue from training in a sweat suit and potentially jeopardising the fight

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Yeah i was reading that , not sure what to make of it .. does that mean he aint up for it .. i always worry when boxers dont make weights, these things are ridgidly planned normally. it may even give garcia a bit more belief ... if you need one before going in to a world title fight lol

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                          Not sure if I like the attitude there.
                          Morales has always had a piss-poor attitude. Too bad I'll miss this one for now, as I don't have HBO but I'll be watching "Super" Judah, starting in 40 minutes.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Looks like father time and Garcia tag teamed morales

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Garcia put on a very impressive display and won decisively.Morales kept a slow and measured pace for the first few rounds and was using his jab very effectively, but Garcia fought smart and changed the distance and proceeded to knock morales around the ring.There was a few moments where morales let a few flurry's fly but toward the end he looked winded and slow.

Not a bad fight.Show's what i know about picking fights.I had morales by decision

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

will check it out later, think a lot of people fancied morales but i did read one good preview saying they wouldnt put garcia in to this if they didnt think he had a good chance and that now was the time to fight morales ........tried to stay up to check it out but the stella won on points ... morales isnt the only one feeling his age this morning

Comment

Working...