X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DlocRoth
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

He also threw more picks than anyone.

I mean, Fran Tarkenton held all those records at one time and nobody EVER said he was the greatest.
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2004

I'm gonna miss watching him. He has earned his HOF spot for sure.
      One of the best ever. Problem is you can't ever call anyone THE best ever. Way to many variables involved and personal bias will always creep into any choice so its impossible.
      Having said that I must admit if I'm in a Superbowl there simply is no other choice for me personally with regards to my QB. I 'll go with "Joe Cool" every single time without hesitation. I know Elway and Favre have more last second heroics but NOBODY out performs him in the Superbowl. He has no peer. Bradshaw is the only other QB thus far that has 4 rings but even his career Superbowl performances don't wash when compared. Simply put, "In the Superbowl Joe Cool is nothing short of immortal!"
      Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
        Commando
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by knuckleboner
        nah, right time to retire. he was pretty poor in 2006. instead, he has a great year in 2007, almost getting the packers to the superbowl when nobody thought they would break .500 for the season. if you can't retire on top (post superbowl win) this is about as close as you can get.

the danger is if he has another 2006-type stinker in 2008, everyone will be talking about how great favre's career is and what a shame it is he didn't retire after 2007.

2 superbowl rings, 3 league mvps? good time.
        Favre only has 1 ring, but I do agree that it was time for him to retire. It would have been difficult for him to have the same kind of season that he just had again in 08. He said that he was having to really study film more than he ever did in the past and it was wearing on him.

Comment

• WhoCares?
          Full On Cocktard
          • Jun 2007

Problem is you can't ever call anyone THE best ever
          Except for one player, Walter Payton, "Sweetness"

Walter was the quintessential, all around football player. He embodied football & could do it all

From running, blocking, passing, etc., he was "the man", both mentally & physically

Rest in peace Sweetness

Comment

• 78/84 guy
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2005

Wally was the best all around football player for sure !!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WhoCares?

Walter was the quintessential, all around football player. He embodied football & could do it all

From running, blocking, passing, etc., he was "the man", both mentally & physically

Rest in peace Sweetness
              I don't know...I feel the same way about Walter as you feel about Favre. Loved to watch him run...except against my Packers.

Still, while I feel privileged to have seen him run in person, I don't know if he was the best...too many other great backs in the past. I'll definitely put him in the top three, though.
              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• knuckleboner
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WhoCares?

Rest in peace Sweetness
                i don't know; hard to say that walter was definitively better than jim brown or barry. on the other hand, equally tough to say that anybody else was better than payton.

nonetheless, i will ALWAYS hate ditka for giving the fridge a superbowl TD and freezing out payton. classless.

and, it's definitely bittersweet that my skins advanced in the playoffs by tackling payton for a loss on the last play of the game, his last carry ever. umm...yeah, i wanted a skins victory. (but couldn't it have come some other way?...)

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Well with Favre gone, it looks like the Lions have a good chance of winning at Lambeau Field next season!

Comment

• chi-town324
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Feb 2007

this is some funny shit 8 months later...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

He's already starting his "I don't know if this is my last year" bullshit.... He said it the other day...
                      Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 12-18-2008, 02:40 PM.
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

He probably could get picked up by somebody for a year-by-year contract basis...

...but he really shouldn't. It was obviously hard for him to let go of the game, but the way he dicked around with his retirement and aired whatever problems he had with the Packers in public prior to getting picked up by the Jets...not a good way to go about things.

Failing to take the Jets to the playoffs is an obvious indication he'd have been better off retiring when he did, at the end of a decent season with Green Bay and close enough to the top to be able to walk away with his head held high.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Susie Q
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

New York Jets running back Thomas Jones earlier this week told a local radio station that future Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre should have been benched at some point during the season.

Jones told Hot 97 FM on Tuesday that Favre’s mistakes hurt the Jets down the stretch.

New York lost four if its last five games, and the 39-year-old Favre tossed nine interceptions with just two touchdowns in that span. Favre finished with 22 touchdowns and a league-worst 22 interceptions, but still somehow made the Pro Bowl.

“We’re a team and we win together. … But at the same time, you can’t turn the ball over and expect to win,” Jones told the radio station two days after Favre tossed three interceptions in the season-ending loss to Miami.

The loss was even more painful because former Jet Chad Pennington outplayed Favre and helped the Dolphins clinched the AFC East. Jones, who led the AFC with 1,312 yards, said the turnovers were the difference in the 24-17 loss.

“The other day, the three interceptions really hurt us. I mean, that’s just reality,” Jones told the radio station. “If I were to sit here and say, ‘Oh, man, it’s OK,’ that’s not reality. … I don’t like it, I know everybody else on the team doesn’t like it.

“If somebody is not playing well, they need to come out of the game,” Jones told Hot 97 FM. “You’re jeopardizing the whole team because you’re having a bad day. To me, that’s not fair to everybody else. You’re not the only one on the team. So when you get to the wire and somebody is just giving the game up, I mean, it’s just not (fair).”

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                          ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• Sarge
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Originally posted by Susie Q
                            New York Jets running back Thomas Jones earlier this week told a local radio station that future Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre should have been benched at some point during the season.

Jones told Hot 97 FM on Tuesday that Favre’s mistakes hurt the Jets down the stretch.

New York lost four if its last five games, and the 39-year-old Favre tossed nine interceptions with just two touchdowns in that span. Favre finished with 22 touchdowns and a league-worst 22 interceptions, but still somehow made the Pro Bowl.

“We’re a team and we win together. … But at the same time, you can’t turn the ball over and expect to win,” Jones told the radio station two days after Favre tossed three interceptions in the season-ending loss to Miami.

The loss was even more painful because former Jet Chad Pennington outplayed Favre and helped the Dolphins clinched the AFC East. Jones, who led the AFC with 1,312 yards, said the turnovers were the difference in the 24-17 loss.

“The other day, the three interceptions really hurt us. I mean, that’s just reality,” Jones told the radio station. “If I were to sit here and say, ‘Oh, man, it’s OK,’ that’s not reality. … I don’t like it, I know everybody else on the team doesn’t like it.

“If somebody is not playing well, they need to come out of the game,” Jones told Hot 97 FM. “You’re jeopardizing the whole team because you’re having a bad day. To me, that’s not fair to everybody else. You’re not the only one on the team. So when you get to the wire and somebody is just giving the game up, I mean, it’s just not (fair).”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

I like Farve as much as anyone else.. but it's time to go.
                            So many people were excited about the Jet's this year. What a shame!
                            ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                            The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                            [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• redblkwht
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Somehow I dont see the new coach saying he wants to have him..
                              I'd say lets start with a new beginning, It's time.

EUAS

Comment

• Susie Q
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2004

I like Favre too, but he is gotta be benched at one point. We WERE excited when he signed on with the Jets. He's slipping because he really is getting to damn old to play the sport. Maybe he could go to 'coach' status or something in the future?

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                                ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

Working...