X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redblkwht
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

T.o. Cut by cowboys!!

IRVING, Texas (AP)—Terrell Owens’ days in Dallas are done, according to ESPN.

ESPN cited sources Wednesday night in saying that the Cowboys have decided to cut the receiver, ridding them of a big locker-room distraction but also absorbing a big hit on their salary cap.

The team did not immediately have a comment. A spokesman for Owens said he hadn’t heard the news, and that Owens was traveling and could not immediately be reached.

Just a few weeks ago, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones indicated that T.O. was staying when he said, “You and I both know that the one that you’re asking about all the time, if I gave you the answer that you want to hear, then you would’ve already had it. So the fact you don’t have it ought to tell you something. It really should.”

Jones seemed to enjoy the publicity Owens stirred up as much as the touchdowns he scored. However, there were several in-house issues involving Owens that may have ultimately prompted Jones to decide the receiver wasn’t worth the trouble he caused.:tongue0011:

EUAS
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Maybe he can go to the Raiders and catch passes from Michael Vick. Can you imagine the two of them on a team together?
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• redblkwht
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The more i think about this..yeah im a hater, i mean how can anyone like a clubhouse killer? he isnt the Wr he was, good riddance i hope he doesnt re-appear.

EUAS

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

He is a cancer. He destroys lockerrooms. Somebody once argued with me, that one guy can't ruin a team and a lockerroom. T.O. is living proof that it can and does happen.

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

He's gonna wind up somewhere...

Titans?
          Jets?
          Vikings?
          Skins?
          Giants?
          My bet is the Ravens (where he was heading before he detoured to Philly)

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Imagine if they bought him to New England... Holy Fuck!

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

The Cowboys have cut 'the original' Roy Williams (Safety, not the WR from Detroit) as well.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

"America's Team" my ass....

What a clusterfuck organization....

Win a fucking playoff game in a baker's dozen years and then come talk to me...

The REAL America's Team resides in Pittsburgh, and has for several years now...

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

The REAL America's Team resides in Pittsburgh, and has for several years now...

nope

Seriously tho..this is great fuckin news..I have said since day one signing TO is a mistake..no team with him has won the Super Bowl...none ever will. Now just get rid of Phillips and get Cowher..*championship*

Comment

• Redballjets88
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Fuck this, everything said about T.O. is grossly over stated, the media loves to make him into the bad guy.

Im fine with him being cut, but T.O. leaving won't make tony chokemo any better. Romo is still who I put the blame on.

and fuck the steelers.
                    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                      He's gonna wind up somewhere...

Titans?
                      Jets?
                      Vikings?
                      Skins?
                      Giants?
                      My bet is the Ravens (where he was heading before he detoured to Philly)
                      Oh Dear God! Please not the Jets. I admit he is a good player, well maybe not what he was because he can't beat a double team, but still I don't want him destroying my team. They do that good enough on their own.
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                        Fuck this, everything said about T.O. is grossly over stated, the media loves to make him into the bad guy.

Im fine with him being cut, but T.O. leaving won't make tony chokemo any better. Romo is still who I put the blame on.
                        It isn't just the media, as his own track record states his case quite eloquently...

San Francisco: Starts off well, trouble with QB Jeff Garcia, questions Garcia's manhood (gay), is disruptive in locker room, gone.
                        Philadelphia: Starts off well, trouble with QB Don McNabb, questions McNabb's manhood (barfing on field), is disruptive in locker room, gone.
                        Dallas: Starts off well, trouble with QB Tony Romo (QB and Tight End conspiring against him), is disruptive in locker room, gone.

Number Of Super Bowl Wins 0
                        Number Of Play Off Victories 0

As Mr Walker pointed out, the guy is going to end up someplace. The real question is where, as the list of teams that do not want him is far longer than the ones that do. Keep in mind, many of the assistant coaches of his former teams are now head coaches, or have moved on to other teams in a similar capacity. If Owens has made any enemies in the past, they surely have spread about the entire league by now.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Julius
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jan 2004

He should be working at the mall in one of those kiosks selling sunglasses, cell phones or some shit like that. Fuck him.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Sounds like his 20 million rea$on$ to live are gone...

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Halleluyah! Dallas is finally cancer-free!

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              San Francisco: Starts off well, trouble with QB Jeff Garcia, questions Garcia's manhood (gay), clashes with the head coach, Steve Mariuchi, is disruptive in locker room, gone.
                              Forgot one.

Comment

Working...