• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
    You thought Rashad was classy?
    Only on a relative scale. He's still a douche. But he definitely had more faith in his guys and actually worked with them. Jackson started losing and then started claiming that he wasn't a coach anyway.

Man...when I was posting here regularly a few years back, nobody wanted to talk UFC. This is great!
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Rikk
      Only on a relative scale. He's still a douche. But he definitely had more faith in his guys and actually worked with them. Jackson started losing and then started claiming that he wasn't a coach anyway.

Man...when I was posting here regularly a few years back, nobody wanted to talk UFC. This is great!

Evans seemed to know who he was choosing for his team before it was time to choose...I think he had more of a knowledge about the cast than Rampage.

Marcus Jones was a huge disappointment...I thought he would run the table, until he got punched in the face....no chin at all...

If Justin Wren got another round with Roy Nelson, I think the entire season's outcome would have been different.

Did you happen to see the Machida-Shogun fight?

Comment

• hideyoursheep
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2007

And here we go..

Jackson: “I really want to knock this guy out,” Jackson (30-7) said in a statement Thursday. “I've never, ever wanted to knock someone as cold as I want to knock Rashad Evans out. He's disrespected me so much, for so long. . . . I saw him in Sydney (at UFC 110) a few weeks back and we picked up right where we left off. I can't stand him.”

Evans: “I don't like all the pre-fight talking, so I can't wait until I finally get my chance to shut him up,” Evans responded. “There were a lot of times on the show when I wanted to hit him right there. . . . Plus, he's gotten fat. He needs to get in shape just to get in shape.”

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

Jackson got fat?

He'll be fighting at 205..as always. I think Rashad is hoping out loud.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2007

UFC 111-

Shane Carwin destroyed Frank Mir! All the talk about how Mir worked his ass off to prepare and he gets absolutely smoked! Wow!

Watch out, Brock.

GSP vs. Dan Hardy-

Hardy managed to go the distance with GSP, but lost by unanimous decision. St.Pierre was able to keep him on the ground throughout the fight, but it wasn't easy for him. If Hardy gets better on the ground, he could be dangerous.

"Rush" pretty much dominated that fight, but Hardy is one tough SOB. Dan Hardy earned my respect Saturday night when he refused to tap. GSP had his arm locked up and damn near ripped it off-twice!! That was a good fight.

Afterwards, GSP was even shaking his head over not getting Hardy to tap out, saying in the post-fight interview that he'll have to talk to his trainers about what he did wrong.

Oh, did I mention GSP spit water all over his corner before the fight, then poked Hardy in the eye?

First the grease and now this...I'm not too big on St.Pierre...arrogant fuck. Cheater.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

UFC 113 MAY 8, 2010

Main Card
              Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio Rua
              Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Paul Daley
              Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Jeremy Stephens
              Heavyweight bout: Kimbo Slice vs. Matt Mitrione
              Middleweight bout: Patrick Côté vs. Alan Belcher

Outstanding! The rematch!!

UFC 115 might be in Cincinnati, or it might not. If it is, I may try and attend, even though Liddell vs Ortiz doesn't really appeal to me.

I heard Rich Franklin and Dan Henderson have moved on to Strikeforce...

UFC 114 with Jackson-Evans co-headlines Griffin vs Noguera...Last I saw, Forrest was totally out of shape, walking around at 240..

Great match-ups the next few months!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2007

I can't believe Penn lost to Edgar. Edgar has some good boxing skills.

Comment

• Sarge
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

That Damm Hughes / Renzio fight was awful.

I am watching Strikeforce tomorrow:
                  It's going to be a good card. Mousasi vs King Mo, Henderson VS Shields.
                  ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                  The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                  [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Sarge
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

By the way, I have watched ALL of the UFC's. Every one. All 112 of them and the fight nights. It's my favorite sport.
                    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2007

What did you think of the Silva vs Maia er, "fight"?

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

UFC 113 was full of surprises-sort of.

In the light-heavyweight title rematch between Mauricio Rua and Lyoto Machida, Rua elected NOT to leave it in the hands of the judges this time, and crushed Machida in 3 minutes of the first round with authority. Machida threw what I thought was a punch that was out of character for his discipline when he went on the offensive against Shogun, and Rua countered beautifully, knocked him down and finished the fight. Machida was out fucking cold! Undefeated no more.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.. the new Light-Heavyweight champ! I knew it could have gone that way, but I didn't expect Machida to get smoked so early in the fight. The frog on his eye was the size of a golf ball! Good for Shogun! Definitely the KO of the night.

Josh Koscheck raped the cocky, heavy-handed Paul Daley on the ground for 3 rounds and got the decision, then Daley decides since he didn't get a chance to get his punches off during the fight, to sucker-punch Koscheck in the face AFTER the last round. That was bullshit, Tyson-like behavior.

Jeremy Stevens vs Sam Stout gets my vote for Fight Of The Night. Stevens won by split decision, but it was a great contest by both fighters.

Kimbo Slice vs Matt Mitrione....Kimbo is finished in the UFC IMO. Slice showcased his new arsenal of slams, but ran out of gas by the end of round 1, that's when Mitrione went to work on Kimbo's bad knee, forcing Kimbo to practically quit in the middle of round 2 when he had nothing left and couldn't defend himself once Mitrione began pounding him from the top position, forcing the ref to stop it in the 2nd round. Mitrione gets the TKO and remains undefeated at 2-0 so far.

It was a good card overall, and the best this year. Can't wait for the Rampage vs Evans grudge match May 29th.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2007

Jon Jones is the fucking man! I TOLD you!

Comment

• tjvhou812
                            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

he is a fucking beast, and he,s young,
                            Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2007

For him to do Shogun like that.....WOW.

And Rua isn't exactly over-the-hill, either.

I'm kinda exited about the Jake Shields vs GSP matchup. Couture vs Machida? I'm not giving Couture much of a chance in this. Machida is too much for him. Randy is tough, but.....he's gonna get dominated in this one. But the old dog deserves a chance to get after one of the best.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2007

UFC 130 Main Card results:

Middleweight bout: Brian Stann vs. Jorge Santiago
                                Stann defeated Santiago via KO (punches) at 4:29 of round 2.

Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. Rick Story
                                Story defeated Alves via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

Heavyweight bout: Stefan Struve vs. Travis Browne
                                Browne defeated Struve via KO (superman punch) at 4:11 of round 1.

Heavyweight bout: Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson
                                Mir defeated Nelson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26).

Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Matt Hamill
                                Jackson defeated Hamill via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

I missed the fights..didn't get to watch them yet, but I'll say this; It's been a year since he lost that decision to Evans.
                                If Rampage can't finish a guy like Hamill quickly, He won't be able to handle Rashad Evans. Rashad wouldn't take the fight in place of Thiago Silva, who was originally slated to fight Rampage, but Silva failed a drug test, and Evans said no, so Hamill stepped up, and I give him props.

Jackson didn't really "win" that fight with Machida IMO. He needs to train harder. I don't think he's disciplined at all..

I have to see the Mir-Nelson fight...I'm interested to see how that went down...If Nelson can't get into that top tier of heavyweights, he may as well leave. He just lost in the first round of the losers bracket IMO.

Comment

Working...