Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

It was a close call. Give credit to Lebron for trying to hit the shot.

Billups would have rolled on the ground at least two revolutions after being touched...:p
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• PlexiBrown
      Commando
      • Mar 2006

Yeah, it's over.
      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• chi-town324
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Feb 2007

would he have made all 3 free throws anyway?

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

He is Lebron, he would have made those free throws
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

I don't know, his percentage kinda sucks and I did see an airball FT from him.

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
              Sniper
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
              He is Lebron, he would have made those free throws
              That was a foul. But the refs let both teams play really physical, 31 combined free throws. In game 4 against the Suns, the Suns shot 41 free throws. Lebron missed quite a few point blank shots in the 2nd half, so I think he misses a free throw. Lebron seems like a really cool guy, I hope the best for him. Be cool guys......
              https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
              http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Heard on PTI this afternoon that after looking at the call, officials believe the call was correct, it was not continuation and was not on the shot.

Comment

• chi-town324
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Feb 2007

glad this series is over...very hard to watch

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                    Heard on PTI this afternoon that after looking at the call, officials believe the call was correct, it was not continuation and was not on the shot.
                    I think the officials were trying to do the Cavs a favor by not calling a foul (which would be two foul shots).

Having said that, I have seen some ridiculous continuation calls this year.

Looking at the general way those are called, this one certainly qualifies and so 3 shots should have been given.

If you think this isn't the way it is called in the NBA all year, you are blind.
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Yeah, I mean, only been watching NBA games since the '70s so ... I may have seen a few calls in my time.

I've seen many changes in official styles of calls and rule changes over the years, I watched games before the 3 existed, and college before when the dunk was outlawed.

The point is at that juncture of the game, it isn't going to be called.

The commissioner himself called the games "unwatchable", and it was VERY MUCH wanted for LeBron to be in the Finals for TV purposes.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ALinChainz

I've seen many changes in official styles of calls and rule changes over the years, I watched games before they cut the bottoms out of the peach baskets.

Nevertheless, it was a foul.

Tell me how often, end of the game or not, that two hands on a player while pushing him is not a foul?

I hear you and even agree with you to a point.

I contend that it is officiating that made these playoffs the debacle that it was.

How can the league justify knees to the groin and other blatant suspendable offenses by the Spurs?

Not to mention the trading off of fouls to superstars Lebron and Duncan in game 3 so each has to sit out early in the 2nd half? Just great for ratings with the stars sitting for touch fouls.

Ticky-tack fouls there, and yet a knee to the groin is ok?

The league and it's old boys club of officiating is looking very amateur, even though the the Spurs are a good team.
                        Last edited by Romeo Delight; 06-16-2007, 01:39 AM.
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• chi-town324
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Feb 2007

yes a foul indeed

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

All I am saying is :

Don't tell me the league wanted Lebron in, when the Spurs got away with murder this post season...

It is not even close.
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Oh man, LeBron got a lot of calls during the Piston series he shouldn't have gotten.

I gaurantee you they wanted LeBron in.

I am not stupid enough to believe that so much so it altered officiating, but in desperate times, the Pistons brought a lot on themselves with their bitching and whining, and I know that ofter turns officals against them.

You don't think Rasheed has a mark on him? He put it there over the years, but he is certainly not going to ever get the benefit of a call that could go either way.

LeBron will. Officials suck, I agree. To the point where I hate the NBA anymore, and with the rules changes and bullshit in hockey, I am about ready to leave that behind as well.

At that point in the game, it is going to have to be much more of a foul than that to get called. Officials will not decide games in that fashion. His jersey was hardly touched. And the fact whether it was continuation or not is still very debatable.

With the ratings an all-time worst, and 27% worse than last seasons, how much worse would they have been if Detroit had won?

Every newspaper, sports radio show, and sports broadcaster, and Stern, were practically in unison, agreeing that THE BEST SCENARIO POSSIBLE was the Cavs getting in.

Everyone in the world, including the refs, would have thought so. I don't know how that cannot have a psychological effect. How long has the league been waiting to annoint the next "chosen one".

Comment

• ALinChainz
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

How does the league screwing the Suns have any bearing on how the Cavs were officiated?

I think that a Suns-Cavs series would have been 100 times better, so I don't see how they would have even wanted the Spurs in, and in lieu of whats been printed about the Spurs since the win, I believe it even more.

The Spurs are hideous boring, but they win. They said the same of the Pistons when they won in 2004. To think this past Finals was less watched than the Spurs-Pistons sends a big message.

Comment

Working...