• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Bumped....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Title edited....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

BUMP

Cavs have officially clinched the Number 1 overall seed in the east, and Homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs.

This could be interesting.
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• redblkwht
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Kinda pulling for Cleve in the East, my bulls are lucky if they make the playoffs.
          Id like to see the Cav's somehow matchup & hopefully beat the Lakers.
          Lakers dont look like they have any serious threat on the west IMO.

EUAS

Comment

• DLRdelight!
            Veteran
            • Jul 2004

why is everyone a laker hater man? pisses me the hell off! Cavs can't beat the Lakers period. We gave them their only homecourt loss remember that. On top of that Lebron always shuts down when up against the lakers. Teams are lucky Kobe doesnt turn into the Mamba like he used to.

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DLRdelight!
              why is everyone a laker hater man? pisses me the hell off! Cavs can't beat the Lakers period. We gave them their only homecourt loss remember that. On top of that Lebron always shuts down when up against the lakers. Teams are lucky Kobe doesnt turn into the Mamba like he used to.

Cavs swept the Lakers last season :tongue0011:.
              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

ECF starts up tomorrow night. I gots my playoff beard going.

Go Cavs!!!
                David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

epic first two games.

we'll see what happens tonight in Game 3. Cavs need to take one of the two in Orlando to get back square on home court for Game 5

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

they suck this year....

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

Must-win tonight for my Cavs. From what I can tell from down here, the Cleveland fan base is in full-on, woe-is-me, Cleveland-is-cursed panic mode right now....

but a win tonight gives the Cavs a split in Orlando and ties things up heading back to the Q.

for all the talk of matchups and who's got who's number, it really just comes down to making some shots. the Cavs were 2nd in the league in 3-pt shooting this year but aren't shooting anywhere near their avg thru the first 3 games. It hasn't been for a lack of open looks, either.

West and Mo and Z make their normal share of outside shots (2's and 3's) tonight and the Cavs will tie it up. if not, they are in trouble.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

I'm just talking to myself in here....

cool....

okay, now we're in real must-win territory. although, i'm sure Orlando is feeling a bit of pressure to close it out tonight and avoid going back to Cleveland for game 7

Comment

• alexpgrimes
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jan 2004

lets go cavs. need to see a Lebron-Kobe final
                          If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                            Commando
                            • Apr 2006

The Cavs need some help. Lebron is phenominal, but I don't think that he will get a ring without Cleveland bringing in one or two more solid guys.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

I think they need some interior defensive help. Z showed as a real defensive liability in this series against Howard. I think the Cavs got by throughout the year as an elite defensive squad because there is a real shortage of genuine low-post players in the league.

Against most teams, the Cavs' bigs were good enough within the overall team defensive scheme. However, against Orlando, they were either too slow (Z) or too short (Ben) to match up. Andy gave the best fighting effort, but even he is more of a 4 than a true 5 and was giving up size.

I think all of the talk of the 3-point shooting was a bit overblown. Sure, if Orlando doesn't shoot as well as they did, they would have lost the series, BUT, if Cleveland could have defended Howard better, the perimeter shooters wouldn't have mattered as much. You can't win consistently living and dying on the 3.

That said, I don't think a drastic overhaul is needed. Had Boston picked up a win in either Game 6 or 7, I think the Cavs would be gearing up for the Finals right now. (Boston matched up better with Orlando due to Perkins, but the Cavs would have likely outmatched Boston). Even given all of the matchup problems the Cavs had, it was still a very close series. Three games were decided on the final shot. Orlando won two of the three, and, therefore, the series. If Cleveland takes two of three by winning either game 1 or game 4, the Cavs most likely win the series.

So, yes, I would say they can look to add some interior defense and perhaps another wingman, combo-guard who can score a little, but can also defend bigger guards. I'm thinking of somebody to give the Cavs the option of playing a bigger backcourt against certain matchups, with either West or Williams out. You know, the type of player Pavlovic SHOULD be (that dude seriously looks like he's stoned half the time. if he could show any consistency, he'd probably be the first guy off the bench)

Comment

• Fairwrning
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Was it me or did leBron show his ass a bit after losing that last game..straight to the locker room without shaking hands.skipped the press conference.
                                Had the Cavs won he would have been real fuckin quick to get to that press conference and talk about himself a bit.

Comment

Working...