Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damngoodtimes
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

I think LeBron was a bit of a prick, but I think that's a good thing. Yeah, he could have shown more sportsmanship, but I'm glad he's pissed off.

Too many of these fuckin' guys act like best buddies. What's wrong with acting like enemies? Larry Bird had no interest in shaking other guys hands, either. Fuck 'em.

The only reason this story got any traction is because the media have injected their sorry asses into the story once again. They are pissed that they were ignored, so they act like the guy just raped a puppy or something. Same shit is going on with the Browns' beat writers in Cleveland. The new regime fired all of the guys who were leaking info to the press, so now these guys have to work harder. Nothing worse in jounalism than when the press injects themselves into the stories.
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Agree about the press...they get a bit pissy if ya ignore em...but as the face and leader of the franchise, the guy should have sucked it up and showed for the press conference. And I think a handshake isnt asking too much..hell, you can say " fuck-you" as you do it if ya want..

Comment

• redblkwht
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

You guys think Orlando is a good matchup vs the Lakers?
        just wondering opinions..
        I didnt follow them much until playoffs.

EUAS

Comment

• damngoodtimes
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

If they keep hitting the 3-ball like they did against Cleveland, they can beat anyone.

I think the Lakers may have some of the same problems defending D12. Gasol is too soft, so they are going to have to try to stop him with Bynum. Don't know if that will work, though. If not, they'll have to double on him, then it just becomes ball rotation until they find the open 3.

If the Lakers get into that pickle and Orlando is hitting the 3, LA is in big trouble. Their only chance then is to outscore the Magic. If Kobe is on and he's getting offensive help from Pau and Odom, they can probably do it. But Kobe alone can't make it happen, just ask LeBron. If Orlando's hitting, Gasol and Odom need to score more consistently than Mo, Delonte, and Z did for the Cavs.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

well, they sure as shit didn't shoot as well as they did against the Cavs. It made me sick watching Orlando laying bricks up there last night, when a week ago, it looked like they were shooting into the ocean.

the Lakers length (and athleticism - gotta point that out to differentiate with Big Z who has plenty of length, but it doesn't move very quickly) of their bigs does look to make a difference. it was harder for Orlando to get the ball into Howard cleanly

it really points out what the Cavs need to do to their roster in the offseason.

Orlando can come back if they regain their shooting touch, but I think they will struggle a bit more having not stolen Game 1 on the road like they did in the last series.

Comment

• letsrock
              Veteran
              • Mar 2007

All i can say is that Orlando made Cleveland thier bitches. Wonder which team mate Lebron will blame now.

Comment

• letsrock
                Veteran
                • Mar 2007

This might be a good finals, but in the end i think the Lakers will do it.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

well, this is the wrong thread for this, but it's the only one where anyone's talking finals.

i thought the Magic were absolutely robbed by the men in striped shirts in Game 2.

last night, Orlando looked pretty good. I had flashback to the Cavs series with the way they shot the lights out.

Orlando still has a puncher's chance, but I think they absolutely MUST win both of the the last two (4 and 5) in Orlando. Maybe they can take one of two in LA, but I can't see them going back west and winning 6 and 7 on the road.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

btw, anybody else really tired of Kobe's "angry face"?

you know, the one with the freaky looking underbite that he seems to be putting on for the cameras to show everyone how bad he wants it

I think the dude's got a serious complex about not winning one without Shaq. If they blow this one, he's gonna need therapy.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

His "Bubba from Forrest Gump" face...you mean?
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Ahhh...you have to love the Cavs. It's interesting watching all these other players not give a shit about trying to play with LeBron:

--Villanueva signs with Detroit immediately (yeah AlinChainz, you would have loved the shit out of that one)

--Artest is set to sign with LA

--Ariza set to sign with Houston

--Wallace is set to sign with Boston...

and Cleveland gets old-man Shaq...

Oh Joy...
                        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ForeverDLR/VH
                          Roadie
                          • Feb 2009

SHAQ must feel Cleveland is his last chance to win a championship before retireing. Boston probably wouldn't give him the money, and can't Co-exists with Kobe in LA and Phoenix going nowhere.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Shaq is going to ride this gig out to try and get another two-year deal after this season...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Does anyone else see the irony in most fans saying that Kobe couldn't win a title without Shaq...

which he just did...

and the Cavs turning to Shaq to help 'Bron win a title...

So...if the Cavs win a title...

what does that mean?

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                                Does anyone else see the irony in most fans saying that Kobe couldn't win a title without Shaq...

which he just did...

and the Cavs turning to Shaq to help 'Bron win a title...

So...if the Cavs win a title...

what does that mean?
                                Yeah, I was thinking that too. Now LeBron is going to have to hear Shaq sing "LeBron, tell me how my ass tastes".
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...