X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

when they hired Grover as a "consultant" or whatever he was i coulda sworn they did it so they had him under contract for when they fired whoever was manager at the time. the Dolans like to say how big of Indians fans they are first and foremost, they can't be the only fans wanting Hargrove to come back.

Wedge is Shapiro's boy, but i don't know if Dolan would tell Shapiro that Wedge goes or they both do.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

He's been making comments about wanting to manage one more time...gee...I wonder why.

There's no way Shapiro takes back Grover. If that's what the Dolan's are planning, and I can't imagine that nimrod is planning anything but cost-cutting, then I bet Shapiro goes with him.

Antonetti would be next in line...I would figure...although you never know.

My bet is Dolan will hire whoever comes cheap...

You know twona...this could be it for several years. I like some of these young kids in the organization...but I don't see a contender for awhile. We could be entering a phase that requires more than a few years to rebuild...

It's not going to be pretty.
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

10 and probably 11 will be a time to focus on developing the young talent at the major league level.

I hope they just let the kids play and don't waste AB's with stiffs like Delucci (or whomever the 2010 version of Delucci is)
        David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
        — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          You know twona...this could be it for several years. I like some of these young kids in the organization...but I don't see a contender for awhile. We could be entering a phase that requires more than a few years to rebuild...

It's not going to be pretty.
          they claim the farm system is still decent. i'm pretty sure all their minor league affiliates are within a two hour drive now too...Columbus, Akron, and (god forbid) Eastlake. easy for fans to watch these guys try to make the big leagues, and then shitty when a guy you've followed from the beginning of his career gets traded away for nothing.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Their single A team is in Kinston, NC...

That's the thing...the farm team is decent...I still think it's a bit overrated however...

I just hope I'm wrong...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i forgot about Kinston. they are listed as A, and so are the Captains and the Mahoning Valley Scrappers.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Kinston's their advanced A club...the Scrappers are their short season A team in the New York/Penn league...talk about old school.

The Captains are their regular ole' A club.

Been to Kinston a few times this year to watch Chisenhall play...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Cavs sign Leon Powe to a two year deal.

The guy won't be able to play until after the break, but he's pretty much signed at the league veteran minimum. when healthy, he's a really solid big off the bench.

Cavs are really making strides to upgrade the bench. Even without Powe, they've gone from a bench of Wallace, WALL-E, Pavlovic to a bench of Big Z, Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon. More athletic and more scoring off the bench.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Good signing...

Comment

• letsrock
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2007

I see they signed Powe from Boston.
                      Now if he can stay healthy?

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

he's gotta GET healthy first.

but it's a low-risk move. minimum contract Cavs hold option for 2010-11.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

The Cavs have made a bunch of good moves...they are deep...talented...

can defend the low post and around the arc...

Now...can they stop looking like garbage offensively against teams playing solid defense in the playoffs...

I'm so damn sick of watching them stand around...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

it's September and the Tribe still sucks.

although I do like seeing some of these youngsters like LaPorta and Brantley getting time up in the bigs.

plus, I think it is getting overlooked just how solid a year Asdrubal Cabrera has put together. ACab and Valbuena could be a long term answer up the middle.

if the Tribe can hit on 3 or 4 of the 17,000 young arms they just picked up, this team might have some promise.

......now, who's gonna manage them?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Bobby Valentine has a history of rallying young teams...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

I wouldn't mind that. Just someone who can get the damn team to maybe just play .500 ball in April would be a nice start.

Comment

Working...