Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damngoodtimes
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Browns actually looked like an NFL team today. not a GOOD NFL team, mind you.

blew some opportunities in the 2nd half to put the Bengals away and a bunch of chances in OT.
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I don't like Eric Mangini...they should have hired a better coach...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

This is always a sad day for me...

The Indians...good or bad...stop playing...

Wedge and his cronies won't be missed...but the Indians will be. Already looking forward to next year...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

This is always a sad day for me...

The Indians...good or bad...stop playing...

Wedge and his cronies won't be missed...but the Indians will be. Already looking forward to next year...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

I think they have some promise for next season. so much will depend on getting the right guy in the dugout. they need some more starting pitching, but I don't know where it will come from. perhaps they'll spend a nickel or two on one rotation guy.

they've added a ton of young arms, but will any of them be ready for next year? (outside of Masterson, of course). I'm trying to build a rotation in my head right now and struggling.

Masterson, Westbrook, Laffey, ????? (we've seen a lot of Sowers, and Huff, but are they really quality big league starters?) Carrasco? he certainly didn't look ready yet. Rondon? hell, even one of my three locks is really a question mark. until Jake actually shows he's healthy, it's hard to count on the guy.

I didn't mention Carmona yet for a reason....

but I do like the lineup.. the new guy will probably be smart enough to slide Grady down to 3 or 4.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Big Dawg sues Electronic Arts...

Browns superfan John 'Big Dawg' Thompson's case against game maker likely to be resolved

By Joe Guillen, The Plain Dealer
              October 05, 2009

A lawsuit between John "Big Dawg" Thompson, the dog mask-wearing, bone-wielding Browns fan, and Electronic Arts, Inc., maker of the "Madden NFL" video game series, is likely to be resolved, a lawyer for the fan said on Friday.

A case management conference scheduled last Friday was cancelled because the case is being dismissed, said Alan Parker, a lawyer representing Thompson. Parker said the dismissal terms are confidential.

Thompson, of Cleveland, was happy the case is over, said Parker, who wouldn't comment further on the super-fan's reaction to the outcome.

Thompson sued Electronic Arts in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court after he found out the "Madden NFL 09" video game released last year, featured a fan at Cleveland Browns Stadium who resembles the costume he had been wearing to Browns games for the last 25 years. The case was transferred to U.S. District Court in August.

In the video game, the portrayal of the "Cleveland Browns Stadium includes animated fans that features a character dressed unmistakably as Big Dawg, with a distinctive pop-eyed and heavily jowled dog-face mask and orange hard hat," reads the complaint Thompson's lawyer filed.

Parker said the video game manufacturer never asked Thompson's permission to use the character. As part of the suit, Thompson asked for a minimum of $25,000 and that Electronic Arts no longer use his image.

A publicist for EA Sports, of Redwood City, Calif., could not be reached on Friday.

Thompson's "Big Dawg" character -- integrated into his legal name -- has become a fixture at Browns home games, according to court documents. Thompson has appeared in character in publication, commercials and TV broadcasts. "Big Dawg" also was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame's inaugural class of its Hall of Fans in 1999, the lawsuit says.

Parker said Thompson's character appeared in "Madden" games going back to 2005.

The case is expected to be dismissed in the next three weeks, he said.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

didn't that fat bastard get a DUI recently, or am I thinking of someone else?

I much prefer John Adams for my Cleveland fan icon

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

you're right. one of the comments on the PD article was "does he need money for the DUI case?"
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Carmona is done...

the enigma in his stats was his cy young-worthy season...not the other way around.

Who knows...perhaps a good pitching and bullpen coach could fix him...but right now...he throws balls and meat...

IMO, this team is similarly set up to the team in 1993. They need to go out and find the Dennis Martinez, Orel Hershiser and Eddie Murray...IE...two veteran pitchers and a veteran bat...of course...on the cheap...

Perhaps you bring a guy in like Nomar...who can play multiple positions...although not crazy about his injury issues. I'd love a guy like Chone Figgans...but he'll cost too much. DeRosa is out there again as well. Garrett Anderson is out there, as well as Johnny Damon and even Bay, although he'll be too costly. Bobby Abreu is available, and would be perfect, but may be too costly. Hell, Aubrey Huff would be alright, as would even Ken Griffey...

Pitching-wise, a guy like Pettitte would be alright...players like that...that may sign a cheaper deal to be a front-end guy of a young staff...that can teach the team the ropes. Personally...as many old Yankees as possible...to be honest...

None of these names are perfect...but you get my point...cheap guys who could bring ups in a part-time roll...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

well Shapiro knows how to find cheap guys...

actually, I'm fine with that as long as the new manager doesn't feel compelled to play them once it's clear to all that they don't have it anymore and are only taking at-bats away from the younger guys.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Braylon Edwards to the Jets

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i am no raging Browns fan, but good riddance.

he thinks the fans here are rough, wait till he starts dropping catches in NY.

Comment

• letsrock
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2007

He will do good with the Jets, they have a QB, RB, and OL.

Comment

• letsrock
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2007

Now its the Cavs turn. Not gonna hold my breath.

Comment

• letsrock
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2007

Heard that the Horse show throwing championships may come to Cleveland.

Comment

Working...