Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The Browns have hit a new low. They lost to the LIONS. If that's not grounds for dismissal, then I don't know what is!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

It's not even that they lost to the Lions...it's fucking how...

funny shit...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

yeah, the how is worse than the losing...

and Little Texan, I'm not gonna be a Mangini apologist, but he did NOT do "nothing but lose games" with the Jets. They had a winning record 2 out of 3 years while he was there and appear to be worse this year than last now that he's gone.
        David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
        — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
          yeah, the how is worse than the losing...

and Little Texan, I'm not gonna be a Mangini apologist, but he did NOT do "nothing but lose games" with the Jets. They had a winning record 2 out of 3 years while he was there and appear to be worse this year than last now that he's gone.
          Ok, you're right, he did have a winning record two out of the three years, but his coaching record is still largely unimpressive, and he had an overall losing record during his Jets tenure, 23-26. They got off to a good start last season and took a nosedive the last month or so, though Favre did play hurt during that stretch and his play wasn't up to snuff, accounting for said nosedive. The guy is still a chump, and isn't NFL head coaching material.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

According to most sources though, with regards to mangini's tenure, he wasn't a good judge of personel, and was a bit reactionary in his decision making process. The NFL is no place to be making snap decisions, or decisions based on what tour old boss is doing. The browns need someone decisive, and smart, and a coach with the same vision. They have yet to figure that out. Hire a personel guy first, then go put and get a guy that has smarts, a voice, and can motivate. It's not easy, buy not as hard as the browns are making it out to be.
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

no doubt they have put the horse before the cart. they need to hire a GM first, and have the coach report to him.

Mangini was nowhere near my first choice, but my biggest problem was always that he was hired first; it's just fucked up.

people bitch about his handling of the QB's, but I don't know what I'd have done differently. Quinn absolutely sucked the first 3 games, so he tried Anderson, who sucked worse. He's tried to clean house by getting rid of the poor character guys; problem was that they were the only playmakers on offense. So, you're almost admitting from the get-go that we're gonna take a step back first. Problem is, they didn't communicate that to the fanbase. These fans are so desperate that they didn't want to hear that, anyway.

but, i think a big part of the negativity toward Mangini comes from the fact that he left NY, where they hate everybody, and is now in Cleveland, where they've been fucked so raw that they are completely out of the patience required to rebuild a franchise from the ground up.

tell me that Raheem Morris is doing a better job as a first year coach. he took over a team that went 9-7 last year; has now fired BOTH of his initial hires as coordinators and is the same shitty 1-9 as the Browns. but you don't hear nearly the same amount of clamoring for Raheem's head.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

another shit performance by the Browns. Quinn's two best plays were a run and a reception. nothing good happened when he threw the ball.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

I haven't been on all week, but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least mention the biggest win for the Browns in a long time. suck it, Steelers!!

we'll take our victories where we can find them.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

two in a row for the Browns, as they slide down the draft board.

unbelievable performances by Harrison and Cribbs, though.

but the real good news is they've actually got someone in charge who knows what he's doing. will be interesting to see if Holmgren keeps Mangini around.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

oh, and the Cavs sweep the Suns. they seem to turn it on when they want to. the regular season is largely irrelevant, anyway, for this squad. they've had a bumpier ride so far this year, but they're still sitting at 21-8 right now

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

So...here's my take...

Harrison rolls out 285 yards...right...

So...with Mangini finally rolling him out after the season is over...wouldn't that be cause enough to get him fired?

I wonder who Holmgren will bring in...

I would have to imagine one of his guys...

Gruden, Jauron, Mariucci, Mornhingweg, Ray Rhodes, Mike Sherman, Jim Zorn, Bill Callahan...

Personally...I'd be going after Spagnuolo...but what the fuck do I know...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

They'd probably be better off with Holmgren as coach...

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Mangini gets another year, if he tanks it then Gruden leaves ESPN for the coaching gig.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I can't see Holmgren retaining Mangina as coach, unless the owner doesn't want to pony up the contract buyout money. Holmgren will probably bring in his own guy, which would be advisable.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Okay...Cleveland is going to overtime against Sacramento...why?

Because fucking LeBron waves off fucking picks...

twice in the last three possessions...he waves off picks...that would give clear pick and rolls...then takes a 22 foot jumnper that clanks...

Take the fucking pick...then the shot...or dish...

yeah...that's right...I'm giving LeBron advice...a six foot white guy...

Comment

Working...