X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Danny Ferry is out as GM. I really don't know what to make of this. Chris Grant, his assistant takes over for him, which makes even less sense. Now, if the Cavs were going to bring in some big names, it WOULD make sense...

Perhaps Pat Riley? It would have to be someone that would force Gilbert to hardball the Ferry contract negotiations to get him out, or to piss off Ferry so that he quits quickly.

What I have to believe is that the Cavs are doing this with LeBron's okay, or with prior knowledge to LeBron wanting Ferry out. One player with thatmuch power is nothing but trouble.

Now, if Chris Jent gets the head job, then you know LeBron is pulling the strings, and wants all the power. If Riley comes in, or someone like him, then the Cavs are trying to entice him.
    Riley ain't leaving Miami, unless Dwayne Wade completely and utterly spurs the heat and goes "Fuck you guys, going to the knicks", which I don't see happening, as I believe Wade loves the warm weather.

Maybe Larry Brown wants to do one last stop somewhere?
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Yo Va...it was a flat out shit call...but I do respect the way the umpire handled it...and the way the Tigers and Tigers fans handled it...both surprises. I do like that Selig comes under fire again.
      Yup, he knew he fucked up right away....

Glad they didn't reverse the call though, they would have opened up a HUGE can of worms if he did...
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
        Riley ain't leaving Miami, unless Dwayne Wade completely and utterly spurs the heat and goes "Fuck you guys, going to the knicks", which I don't see happening, as I believe Wade loves the warm weather.

Maybe Larry Brown wants to do one last stop somewhere?
        Riley recently said he'd consider returning to coach the Heat (he's the current team president) if a free agent requested it. That certainly must have made Erik Spoelstra (the current coach) feel real safe about his job.

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Glad they didn't reverse the call though, they would have opened up a HUGE can of worms if he did...
        I couldn't believe how quickly this hit the internet. It was up at Youtube by early afternoon, yesterday.

Hitler Reacts To Jim Joyce's Blown Call, Robbing Armando Galarraga Of A Perfect Game.
        Last edited by chefcraig; 06-04-2010, 03:08 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

My guesses

Larry Brown

Byron Scott

Jeff Van Gundy

or

Tom Izzo.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

I don't like any of those names. Izzo intrigues me, but I'm never sure about a college guy, even as good as Izzo. K is the exception because of his past work with team USA. No way to Larry Brown...it could work...but he could end up alienating the entire team. Byron Scott...maybe...but how different is Scott from Mike Brown? Jeff Van Gundy...to me...is the most overrated coach in waiting in the history of the NBA...just another Riley-hack...

I don't see a fit...to be honest. If you fire Brown...IMO...you have to have a clear choice in mind. If they fired the coach...and let the GM go without a clear plan in place...LeBron would be stupid to stay.
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Yeah VA...i'm pretty old school about the play. As obvious a call as it was...it was a bang-bang play when it was made. I thought he was out from the start...but I could see him making that call as well. I don't like the idea of instant replay myself. One of the parts to baseball that make it unique is how "human" a game it is. Adding replay to calls like that continue the trend that makes baseball a joke...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

You watch Selig open up the can...he's such a fucking douche...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

You know...Coach K would win them a title...

Then sign and trade Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison and JJ Hickson for Chris Bosh...

Do you really want Bosh? It was his best all-round year but he is SOFT...

Not to mention he will sulk with fewer touches.

His character is wanting
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

Selig is an assclown, and should be sent to prison for what he's done to baseball.

I don't believe my tribe will ever win a world series the way he has baseball setup with owners like Steinbrenner able to buy entire rosters off. Not to mention letting the all-star game end in a tie, allowing the marlins a team with a bullshit fanbase to keep a franchise, and win two world series, and the whole steroid deal puts him over the top, he makes Gary Bettman, look like Paul Taglibue

First things I'd do as a commissioner

-Institute a replay system: fuck the human element, was baseball truly human when people were getting shot up with goof juice?, You have the god-damned cameras availble for every game, if a call is truly that close, change it

-Move the Marlins to Charlotte: The Carolinas are a baseball area, Florida is not a pro sports state, with the exception of the 'phins and Bucs, every other team should leave to go to more of a deserving city. (Florida Panthers-->Cleveland, Orlando Magic--> Kansas City)

-Have revenue sharing: It's the circle of life Simba, a team like the Royals doesn't have enough money to pay it's star players, they get traded/taken away in free agency, fans go "fuck it" and don't show up to games, You allow the Yankees, Red Sox and everyone else to share profits,

-Salary cap, finally again, Yankees won't be abke buy every player under the sun, make it something like the NBA has where you can go over, but you have to pay a hefty luxary tax

-Bird rules, if you have a player you really like, you can sign him to the max possible, and no one else can sign him for more.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

The Cavs have reportedly offered their head coaching position to Tom Izzo.

I don't know how I feel about Izzo as a coach in the NBA. I suppose, if there's a coach outside of Coach K who could succeed, it would be Izzo...but I don't know how his style translates...

I do think it would be a positive with regards to LeBron...who was recruited by Izzo.

He does bring championship pinache to the equation, but I'm not sure you go out and get a college guy...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Mo Williams and Delante West are on the block. I think the Cavs are positioning themselves to sign Izzo...and sign and trade for...hmmm...Joe Johnson? Perhaps get a guy like Marvin Williams as well...to take the contract off the books..I don't know...could be interesting...

There has to be a plan here that I'm not seeing...

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

Mo Williams and Delante West are on the block. I think the Cavs are positioning themselves to sign Izzo...and sign and trade for...hmmm...Joe Johnson? Perhaps get a guy like Marvin Williams as well...to take the contract off the books..I don't know...could be interesting...

There has to be a plan here that I'm not seeing...
                          I'm thinking more CP3 man.

perhaps we make the brand/no. 2 overall deal with philly?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

I've thought CP3 as well a few weeks ago...but how in the hell do you deal one of the top five or ten players in the league...

I know they took Collison...but Paul is a bargain...even at 15 million...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Izzo leaning towards taking the job. I'll bet you money that Gibson sold him on "this isn't LeBron's team, it's Izzo's team." You watch, Gibson is going to model himself after Cuban...a big-time owner with big-time money...

and I'll be honest...I wouldn't be surprised if Gibson secretly wants to win WITHOUT LeBron...

Byron Scott is in the mix, and I wonder if he wouldn't be the better choice...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Izzo told his players today that he would announce his decision on whether or not he would go to the Cavs tomorrow. The players reportedly came away with the impression that Izzo would take the Cavs job. Not sure how that is, but am assuming he was emotional.

If Izzo says no, I bet money that Byron Scott will be named coach before Monday...

Comment

Working...