Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

You should have seen the town in 1980...when the Browns were the Kardiac Kids...

I have never seen anything like it to this day. Ironic...since it was my last day as a Browns fan...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      You should have seen the town in 1980...when the Browns were the Kardiac Kids...

I have never seen anything like it to this day. Ironic...since it was my last day as a Browns fan...
      someday I've gotta type up my story on becoming a bigger browns fan, it's nearly the reverse of yours, but no car keys...mine was rather the words of some kid in HS.
      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
        dad said that in in the AFCCG apperances the Browns made in the 80's, roads were dead. said you could bounce a basketball over 1-77, and not hit a car.
        dude...they'd show that shot of the Stadium from atop a building across the Shoreway, and not one fucking car would go by.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

Some snippets from Wojo, who's not a LBJ/Cavs fan (really dislikes them in my opinion), but pretty good usually.

It’s clear why advisor William Wesley has been so relentless courting suitors with conditions and circumstances with which they can secure LeBron James(notes): For basketball’s biggest dealmaker, there’s little
          personal benefit to James re-signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers. To team executives in the chase and those familiar with the dynamics of James’ inner circle, World Wide Wes’ agenda is clear: Get LeBron out of Cleveland and push himself into a prominent place of power.

Beyond James’ own sentimentality and belief of staying the course with Cleveland, the best chance the Cavaliers have to re-sign James likely belongs to Carter, his business manager, and the high school buddies on the payroll. Should James leave for the bright lights and big cities, his childhood associates become less relevant, less impressive. “No one cares about those guys walking around in Chicago or Miami or New York,” one league executive said..
          LeBron James will make up his own mind, but those around him have their own reasons to influence him.

So it seems like this, World Wide Wes, who seems to me is playing "The cigarette smoking man" role here is dying to gain even more control of LeBron and possibly D-Wade, Bosh.

Really, if it's coming down to whether or not it's Maverick Carter or some slimeball agent that's very popular in NBA circles

Gotta sort of lean with Maverick and gang on this, I don't see LeBron as one to betray his friends and family like that. Besides, the most underrated thing in all of this is how Gilbert has treated them, which from all reports has been only been surpassed by how the organization has treated LeBron.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Wow...things are going quickly...

I think the Cavs finally played this right. Both Brian Shaw and Byron Scott were at the top of the Cavs list. Both were also at the top of the Lakers list, should Phil Jackson step aside. Cleveland interviews both, and both go exceptionally well. Reports for both are that the Cavs were going to offer both.

The Cavs want a coach by Thursday...and Phil, reportedly, will make his decision by Friday.

Brian Shaw reportedly withdrew his name because of "timing issues." What does this mean? Reportedly, the Cavs had offered the job to Shaw yesterday. How true? Scott's agent e-mailed media outlets to congratulate him on the job. There had to be meat to the offer...had to be. So, here's where it gets interesting.

Shaw withdraws his name on Wednesday, saying timing was an issue. Later, it comes out that Shaw said he didn't want the job without LeBron's name involved. Is this true?

Well, more reports state that the Cavs started negotiating with Scott prior to the withdrawal. My bet? The Cavs wanted Scott, he wanted to wait...the Cavs then moved to Shaw, contacted Scott's agent, who told Scott it was time to move. That's when the negotiating started.

Now...is Phil coming back? Maybe, and maybe that's why Scott's ready to talk. Maybe he's not coming back, and the Lakers know that Shaw is their next coach, or coach-in-waiting for next year.

My bet? When we wake up, Byron Scott is our new coach, and that bright and early tomorrow morning, they have a presser for it. Check, and check...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Plus, there was Shaw's fucking agent...opening up his big fucking mouth all day yesterday and today.

Maybe the Cavs called him up, and told him to fuck off.

Okay...Cavs need to secure LeBron, and get Amar'e in a sign and trade...

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

per twitter postings I've seen on TCF, Cavs appear to be looking at Ray Allen..which makes zero sense, as at this point he's a freaking rental

also, there's a trade rumor that the Cavs may go after Collison and Okefor in Nawlins via a trade.
                Last edited by Unchainme; 07-01-2010, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Byron Scott hired. i like it.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

If they are going to New Orleans...they MUST go after CP3...and if they have to deal the entire team...that's where you go.

Getting Okefor makes sense as well. Shit...Jamison, Mo Williams and Hickson...then throw in a #1 somewhere...

for Okefor and CP3...Why the fuck not...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Of course, that deal makes no sense for NO...but who cares...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

I think Al Jefferson would be a nice pick-up as well...

Comment

• redblkwht
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Got the right coach, now to see how all these big money players end up, im thinking wade aint going anywhere & it becomes a free for all on who
                          can get bosh on their team. once lebron lands that is.

EUAS

Comment

• redblkwht
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

whomever gets bosh, amare will be the other teams splash, so im guessing amare goes to miami.lol..

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Chris Paul is making noise in New Orleans about how they aren't trying to do anything to make a splash...

Boy...if the Cavs could get CP3...and LeBron...and then you add any big man...

Ideally...bring in CP3 and figure out a way to get Al Jefferson...the Cavs would be tough....

Comment

• Unchainme
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2005

so, the Cavs will be running a showtime lakers type offense next year if what scott said was correct.

Comment

Working...