Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

The fact that the Bosh blow off was orchestrated...there was never a chance for anyone to end up in Cleveland, because this was pre-ordained years ago.

As far as putting together a team, my guess here, and why Gilbert wants to hire a hit-man, is that he allowed Queen LeBron to push the buttons to acquire players throughout his tenure...IE...over the past three years...he was likely telling Danny Ferry that to keep me, we need to keep getting better..."sign this guy, sign that guy."

Look at their moves. They could never sit back and let contracts expire like the rest. The continually signed players using expiring contracts in trades, or signing other players to fit a mold, instead of taking a year off...clearing cap space...and going after another max contract. This is what makes all this that much more intolerable. LeBron put the Cavs in the bind to not be able to sign players.

Now, I will say that if that scenario is true, and I have to think it is, then a lot of the blame can be put at the feet of Gilbert himself for allowing the fucking LeBron show run rampant...IE...his peeps in the locker room, building a complex in LeBron's backyard...and the rest.

Had LeBron just come out a few weeks ago and said, Wade and Bosh are my friends, and we've planned to try and play together for the past four years. If I can make that happen in Miami, I will, because Cleveland won't be able to do it....

I'd have still wanted to ring his neck, but I could respect that. The fact that he ran this whole thing as though other teams actually had a chance, is ridiculous. I agree VA...that fucking show...well...you saw what I think.

As for the Lakers...this is ironic to me. Someone asked Mike Greenberg who the most popular player in the NBA was...and after stammering through some players...he said..."Could it be Kobe Bryant?"

After Thursday night...I'd say yes...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Cavs likely to go after Al Jefferson...which...I suppose is a start.

...They'll still need a center...

...and still need to start working towards getting another big piece. If you add Jefferson...

...and say, although a longshot, but say, make a deal for CP3, you can contend in the East for sure.

Then continue adding....

I just don't know that anyone would want to stay with the Cavs at this point...gonna be tough folks...gonna be tough...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        Cavs likely to go after Al Jefferson...which...I suppose is a start.

...They'll still need a center...

...and still need to start working towards getting another big piece. If you add Jefferson...

...and say, although a longshot, but say, make a deal for CP3, you can contend in the East for sure.

Then continue adding....

I just don't know that anyone would want to stay with the Cavs at this point...gonna be tough folks...gonna be tough...
        I don't know if you can get CP3, his connections with LBJ make it sort of iffy for me.
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

There's also talk that the trade could involve Jonny Flynn...

but...

I don't know...Flynn is represented by Leon Rose...LeCunt's agent...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Hey, the fucking Tribe won...that's something...

beat the Rays...hell...a florida team...

figures...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Unchainme
              I don't know if you can get CP3, his connections with LBJ make it sort of iffy for me.
              To be honest...the speculation is that he'll end up in Miami somehow...which...if New Orleans did a deal like that...I'd fucking figure out a way to sue David Stern an the nBA for the sham...

Now...is there a chance? I don't fucking know what the hell to believe. CP was allegedly part of the pact to play together after the olympics...with the 'three queens'

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I can't believe they are admitting to it. I have only heard Bosh say it...has Wade or Queen James confirmed?

Wow...makes the series against Boston look so so bad for James and the NBA.

How can you do that James...just sell out and play like a pussy in the playoffs in your final year with your home-town Cavs? I feel sick and I am not even there.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

No...the only player to slip up is Bosh...

but of course...nobody is playing THAT up..

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

You really should have seen the spectacle here in Miami last night...the arrogance held by the threesome was truly hard to take. You'd think they felt that they were above everyone in the league. The idea of simply throwing a group of stars together and expecting them to win works sometimes, and at other times is nothing short of embarrassing (and James should know this, having played for the U.S.A. on the 2004 Olympic team). The way these nitwits presented themselves and collectively behaved last evening, you'd think this far more respectable trio was coming to a town near you...

Now if the Heat starts playing a version of "Sweet Georgia Brown" during warm-ups, don't say you haven't been warned.
                    Last edited by chefcraig; 07-10-2010, 08:24 AM. Reason: spelling

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

This may have been touched on, but I missed it in 33 pages here. But could LeBron "blowing it" in the playoffs have been orchestrated? I mean, if this whole deal was in the making for a long time, him finally bringing a ring to Cleveland would have fucked everything up, no?

If Cleveland had just won, he couldn't use the excuse he is leaving to win. LeBron needed Cleveland to lose again so he could go off to be with his dream team buddies.

Funny thing is, LeBron would have gone down in history as a greater player by bringing just 1 ring to Cleveland than if he brings 5 to Miami. If the Heat don't win any in the next 5 years, these 3 will go down in history not as great players that never won...but absolute failures. If they only win 1 it will be almost as bad. They need to win at bare minimum 2, probably 3 to live up to the hype. And even then, not one will stand out as "the guy" like a Jordan. Hell, not even a Kobe. I don't think these 3 guys really realize what kind of pressure they just put onto themselves.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                        You really should have seen the spectacle here in Miami last night...the arrogance held by the threesome was truly hard to take. You'd think they felt that they were above everyone in the league.
                        I was expecting David Stern to come out and present them the next 5 championship trophies. They acted as if the season & playoffs are just a formality.

Remember folks, it's still just 3 guys. They haven't won a fucking thing yet. They still need to win something and pull it together. And this is barring any injuries that tend to be more prevalent in the age brackets these guys are heading in to.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

Harrison Barnes in 2011.

suck it ledouche
                          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

LeWhore and CP3 at Carmello's wedding...

I gotta tell you...like LeBron or hate him, I'm going to miss the fuck out of watching him play. It's not often that the best player in anything is on your favorite team, and for seven years we had it. Cleveland was a big deal...win or lose. Now that's gone...and I don't like it at all. He is/was a magical fucking player.

Now...that said...he's a cunt.

As for the choke being orchestrated...I'd love to look into that. That walk into the locker room...as he's taking off the Cavs jersey in what looked like disgust...and tossing it away. If that wasn't orchestrated...it sure as hell looked like it.

The Heat are going to have trouble filling out this roster over the next couple of years. It could actually be funny watching these guys fucking have to play 40 a game.

Big Z looking to sign in Miami....with his good fucking pal...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

The Cavs are working Atlanta for Josh Childress and Marvin Williams...and working Minnesota for Al Jefferson and Jonny Flynn...

Seriously...if you can hang on to J.J. Hickson...that gives you something to work with...

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                                I gotta tell you...like LeBron or hate him, I'm going to miss the fuck out of watching him play.
                                i'm sure the Heat will be on TV every night now. plenty of chances to watch!

i predict the Christmas game will be Lakers/Heat.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...