X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

So, lets see...

Mangini is probably going to be fired between the Bye Week and Week 12.

Um, wonder how Gruden will do with us?
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

So, watched the Ken Burns baseball doc. "10th inning", and was really disapointed at how the lack of highlights involving the Indians

When discussing the post-strike year, they mentioned how attendance in every ballpark was down. Which would have been the perfect segway to the 1995 Tribe and how Indians fans were the only fans that came consistantly to support the tribe.

They went 100 and 44 and smoked the AL Central, the closet team in range being the Royals WHO WERE 30 GAMES BACK. Jim Thome, Albert Belle, Kenny Lofton, Carlos Baerga, Omar Vizquel, Sandy Alomar.

And you gave them just a quick passing notice? bullshit. Seriously. Bullshit.
      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Brian Windhorst left the fucking PD to cover...you guessed it...the fucking Miami Heat for fucking ESPN...

Fuck 'em all...the whores...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Brian Windhorst left the fucking PD to cover...you guessed it...the fucking Miami Heat for fucking ESPN...

Fuck 'em all...the whores...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

In one fucking breath...he talks about the conspiracy, and in another...he fucking leaves...to cover the conspiracy...

fat fuck...

Comment

• Little Texan
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

So, Browns fans, especially you, damngoodtimes, how are you liking Mangina now after this 0-5 start? Don't worry, I'm sure they'll go on another 4 or 5 game winning streak at the end of the season when the playoffs are long since out of reach.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Eric Wedge will reportedly be the new manager of the Seattle Mariners...
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                  Eric Wedge will reportedly be the new manager of the Seattle Mariners...
                  It seems like all old Tribe managers end up in Seattle. Wedge will never be a champion in this league. He knows his stuff...but...he just seems to be missing something...

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

yeah. an owner with deep pockets, and the willingness to spend the money in those pockets.

hadn't heard about the Windhorst thing, but now i find it funny that the PD ran a bunch of his stories on the 'round the world trip he and a friend took this summer.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      yeah. an owner with deep pockets, and the willingness to spend the money in those pockets.

hadn't heard about the Windhorst thing, but now i find it funny that the PD ran a bunch of his stories on the 'round the world trip he and a friend took this summer.
                      I like Windhorst...a decent writer, who seemed to take everything with an everyday guy kind of take. You could tell that he didn't like the way LeBron handled his business...then this.

Talk about hypocracy...although I could see him saying, "Well, it's ESPN, so it's not really working for Miami..."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                        So, Browns fans, especially you, damngoodtimes, how are you liking Mangina now after this 0-5 start? Don't worry, I'm sure they'll go on another 4 or 5 game winning streak at the end of the season when the playoffs are long since out of reach.
                        shit, Texan, I literally hadn't been on here in 7 months, I come on this morning and check out the Cleveland thread and here you are having asked me a question not 3 days ago. I'm surprised anyone here even remembered me.

as far as Mangini goes..well, the Browns are actually 1-4. I'm still mixed on Mangini. I wasn't thrilled that they hired him in a bidding war with themselves. however, I like what he did late last year with the overall mindset of the team. tough defensive, disciplined, run the football. that's how they will have to win in this division.

going into this season, my expectations weren't super-high, a very tough schedule and still a lack of talent. I think they are a better team this year, although the record doesn't show it. they've been in every game into the last 5 minutes of the game. last year, they were getting beat regularly by 20 pts. however, they have committed far too many penalties this year. that lack of discipline is a direct statement on the coach, and with the awful timing of the penalties, may have directly lead to at least two losses.

that said, they've been much better defensively this year. 100 pts allowed thru 5 games, and that includes (effectively) three pick-6's. so that's really about 16 pts per game. you can win a lot of games in the league with that.

I really think with a decent QB they could be quite a bit better. that's not Mangini's fault. I thought Delhomme would have a decent comeback this year (not Warner-Arizona, but maybe Garcia-Philly). he got hurt in the first game. Wallace is a decent backup; he gives you a chance to win. now, both guys are hurt and they are throwing McCoy into the fire in Pittsburgh this week

I guess, long story short, the jury's still out. but I think this is definitely a hot-seat year for him. don't know what Holmgren will consider to be enough improvement to keep him, though. Jon Gruden is in the wings.
                        David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                        — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

I always liked Brian. he didn't mince words or bullshit anyone. I suspect espn offered him a big old raise. no way PD could match the money. without LeBron, either Windy or Mary Schmidt-Boyer was going to be out of work. I think this probably turned out best for everyone.

espn probably felt it would be advantageous to use Brian's connections with the LBJ camp. problem is, they completely shut him out after the season ended. then, he was honest about them post-decision; of course, that camp doesn't want to hear anything honest from anyone. spoils the make-believe world they have going.

Comment

• SilvioDante
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2004

Somebody might have a QB in McCoy. Played pretty well given the circumstances. And that's hard for a Steelers fan to admit...
                            "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

I was very impressed with Colt. I can't think of much worse circumstances to throw the rookie into (and they only got worse when Cribbs and Massaquoi went out). he played pretty well. it didn't look like the game was too big for him.

now, I won't get carried away and say we have our franchise QB, but I'd let him keep playing.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
                                I was very impressed with Colt. I can't think of much worse circumstances to throw the rookie into (and they only got worse when Cribbs and Massaquoi went out). he played pretty well. it didn't look like the game was too big for him.

now, I won't get carried away and say we have our franchise QB, but I'd let him keep playing.
                                Perhaps there was some method to the madness...

He didn't play particularly well, but...

he did have composure...it was extremely impressive...especially considering the fact that he had happy feet through the first few series...

Comment

Working...