Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreenBayLA
    Sniper
    • Jan 2006

Favre still be hatin' on the Pack. Dude is bitter...

Julius Peppers was one of the Bears defenders who found Favre after the game, to shake his hand and wish him well, and more actually. "I was happy Brett suited up," Peppers said. "I figured it might be the last time I got to see him across the field from me on the opposing sideline. Yeah, I talked to him after the game. I told him it was an honor to play against him. He said, 'Likewise. … Go beat the Packers in a couple of weeks.'"

Response posted by The GBP Rules:
    It's fine if Favre hates Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. Nevermind the fact that everything that went down was his own doing.

But he stops at no lengths to shart on the Packers and the fans who supported his butt all those years. The same fans who vehemently defended him despite his shortcomings every year - too many risks, too many INTs and year after year choking in the playoffs. This type of BS with Peppers is the reason he was boo'd so heavily after leaving Lambeau the last game against the Queens.

What amazes me more than Favre's pathetic actions are the idiots who constantly defend him.

I hope he's never allowed back to Lambeau and I certainly hope they never retire his number. end quote

I couldn't have said it better although I'm ok with retiring his number after 10 years or so.
    "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

he'll be in the "the ring" soon after really really retiring.
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• fifth element
        Commando
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by GreenBayLA
        \
        I hope he's never allowed back to Lambeau and I certainly hope they never retire his number. end quote

I couldn't have said it better although I'm ok with retiring his number after 10 years or so.
        his number will be retired....
        bitter or not, a pita or not,
        the man was a HUGE part of football in the last decade, (and more)

and as for never being allowed back in Lambeau, well, that's a bit petty of them, once
        his football days are over and done with, don't you think?

He gave a large part of his life to that team, and if things did not end on a high note, well....that happens.

they all need to grow up.
        “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by fifth element

they all need to grow up.
          NO! HE DOES!!!:tongue0011:
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• fifth element
            Commando
            • Nov 2010

LOL...Cute, Very......
            “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

NEW YORK – Brett Favre has been fined $50,000 by the NFL for a "failure to cooperate" with the investigation into allegations he sent inappropriate messages and lewd photos to former New York Jets game-day hostess Jenn Sterger.
              The league said Commissioner Roger Goodell "could not conclude" that Favre violated the league's personal conduct policy based on the evidence currently available to him.
              "The forensic analysis could not establish that Favre sent the objectionable photographs to Sterger," the statement said. "The review found no evidence to contradict the statements of both Favre and Sterger that they never met in person, nor was there anything to suggest that Sterger engaged in any inappropriate conduct."
              Goodell determined Favre was "not candid in several respects during the investigation resulting in a longer review and additional negative public attention for Favre, Sterger and the NFL," the statement said. The league's investigation began in October and the fine was announced Wednesday.

Comment

• fifth element
                Commando
                • Nov 2010

The NFL will fine Brett Favre but not suspend him for sexually harassing Jenn Sterger when both worked for the Jets, according to multiple reports out this morning.

The NFL will fine Brett Favre but not suspend him for sexually harassing Jenn Sterger when both worked for the Jets, according to multiple reports out this morning.

Both Jay Glazer of FOX and Adam Schefter of ESPN have reported that the discipline is coming. Schefter reported that it will come in the next 48 hours and will not include a suspension, while Glazer reported that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to fine Favre today or tomorrow but not suspend him.

Since we always enjoy pointing out a good media feud, we’ll also note that after Schefter and Glazer tweeted about Favre, NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora tweeted, “I’ve reported for a month Favre to get fined but not suspended for Sterger case, and decision announced by end of reg season. No news there.”

A minute later La Canfora tweeted, “So here is some actual news: The fine will not exceed $50,000, and could in fact be less.”

The lack of a suspension means that if Favre is medically cleared, he will play what everyone expects to be his final NFL game on Sunday in Detroit.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Fucking bullshit....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

I actually agree with you Va...but I can't lie...

when I saw that, I chuckled a bit...because I knew it would burn your ass...
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• fifth element
                      Commando
                      • Nov 2010

it is bullshit...but I called it from the start...:shrug:

Comment

• Bob_R
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The $50,000 fine will take Favre approx. 3 minutes of a football game to pay. Honestly. He makes $16 million a season so that's $1 million per game. You can take it from here.
                        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Jets deny wrongdoing in Brett Favre harassment suit

USA TODAY

The New York Jets denied culpability in the sexual harassment suit filed against them and Brett Favre on Monday.

In a statement on Tuesday, the Jets said the plaintiffs, Christina Scavo and Shannon O'Toole -- who formerly worked as massage therapists for the team -- had made baseless claims.

Attorney Gary H. Glaser, who represents the Jets, said in a statement:

"Unfortunately, the plaintiffs never reported the allegations to the Jets, either during or after the conclusion of their work. The case against the Jets is completely without merit, and we look forward to defending the matter in court, where we are confident that the Jets will prevail."

Among their allegations, Scavo and O'Toole said that Favre sent inappropriate and suggestive messages to them and said the created a culture that was "a hot bed of sexual harassment, sexism and inappropriate behavior."

Favre has not commented on the suit. He was fined $50,000 by the NFL last week for failure to cooperate in an investigation into allegations that he sent inappropriate voicemails and photos to former Jets gameday host Jenn Sterger.

-- Sean Leahy

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• High Life Man
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2004

Think the old man will make one more run? Looks like he's going to have a lot of legal bills to pay...

Comment

• fifth element
                              Commando
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by High Life Man
                              Think the old man will make one more run? Looks like he's going to have a lot of legal bills to pay...
                              unlike the announcers, i really think that he is done....and knows it

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by fifth element
                                unlike the announcers, i really think that he is done....and knows it
                                second that.It's a shame really,This has been ole' number 4's worst season.Even though im a packers girl i still got alot of love for him.I hoped he would go out with a bang
                                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Working...