• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

George Michael, of the Sports Machine, dies at age 70

George Michael, of 'Sports Machine' fame, dies - ESPN

Who didn't wait up to watch the sports machine. Prior to ESPN getting huge, and even a bit after, this was the show to watch...highlights...interviews...stuff you couldn't see anywhere else.

Michael comes from the old school...where reporters were respected, and even friends to the athletes they covered.

We need more of that today...

RIP George Michael...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Here's an old opening to the Sports Machine...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9N4O0nPIdnY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9N4O0nPIdnY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Yup, one of the best....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Guitar Shark
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

I used to watch that show religiously. RIP.
        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

He used to do all kinds of crazy shit...

bullriding...pro wrestling...

he was fucking friends with everyone...

was the sports guy at channel 4 in washington for nearly 30 years as well...until they shitcanned him as a budget cut...

Of course, he never said that...he "retired..."

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

The man single-handedly had more insight and credibility than the entire ESPN organization put together. If you did not have cable tv (believe it or not, in the early eighties many people didn't) his show was the only source for finding out what went on in the world of sports.

RIP, Mr. Michael.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DlocRoth
              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Yep, that oughtta do it.....

The Sports Machine and TWIB.......

The best.

Rip GM.
              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Old School TWIB with Mel Allen and Warner Fusselle...

then came the Ozzie era...and it was all downhill from there.

Now, it's shit...

Comment

Working...