X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by WACF
    The prairies bit I thought was...quite off...
    Just bizarre. It scared me actually that that is what someone came up with. Anyone who knows someone from the Praries must have been in shock after seeing that
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
      Just bizarre. It scared me actually that that is what someone came up with. Anyone who knows someone from the Praries must have been in shock after seeing that
      Plus I doubt someone could run that fast without tripping on some wheat or slamming into a barn.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
        Head Fluffer
        • Aug 2004

Let's get down to business here. The Olympics are about one thing this time. Mens fuckin Ice Hockey.

So who is going to get the gold in this all star tourney.

I will probably play out with Canada v Russia in the Final. Lets hope the young guys on Team USA can get a run going. You never know, a hot goalie can take you all the way in a short tournament. Maybe Ryan Miller gets hot.

BUT the Offence on both Canada & Russia. How do you stop those guys?

++++

VA Beach,

Who do think leads this tourny in scoring? Crosby or Ovechkin?

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by WACF
          A Glaring Omission IMO...
          Shocked they wern't there, isn't that part of like a Canuck trinity along with Ice Hockey (Florida should have less teams, you guys should have more. ) and Beer?

I mean you had..KD Lang there..and not Rush....I would hope they would be at the Closing Ceremony and playing at the bare mininum three songs.
          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
            I mean you had..KD Lang there..and not Rush....I would hope they would be at the Closing Ceremony and playing at the bare mininum three songs.
            Stranger things have happened. I mean, what the hell was Jimmy Page doing at the Beijing Olympics? For one thing, with his various drug busts, how did he even get into the country in the first place?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Anyone noticing the NBC trickery of pimping every two-bit shit Pixar/Scorsese upcoming release as a hope of making back some the revenue loss from showing a sport that most have little interest in? Now myself, I'm a sucker for figure skating (pairs or singles) and possibly the snowboarding half-pipe but NBC is doing their best to make these Olympics to be as boring as ever. Bob Costas's overbearing "I know EVERYTHING about EVERY Olympic sport more than you do" attitude, Dan Kirkpatrick's vanity when the camera is on him, that NFL douche trying to explain the biathlon as if he just looked up the country of Norway on Wiki two seconds ago. As for Al Micheals, the dude looked dead-bored, apathetic and disinterested except for the free vacation that NBC is paying for yet he is the only one worth watching.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
                Let's get down to business here. The Olympics are about one thing this time. Mens fuckin Ice Hockey.

So who is going to get the gold in this all star tourney.

I will probably play out with Canada v Russia in the Final. Lets hope the young guys on Team USA can get a run going. You never know, a hot goalie can take you all the way in a short tournament. Maybe Ryan Miller gets hot.

BUT the Offence on both Canada & Russia. How do you stop those guys?

++++

VA Beach,

Who do think leads this tourny in scoring? Crosby or Ovechkin?
                I just got a glance at the lines for Russia, Canada and USA, and they're all disgusting....

Russia:

Ovechkin - Datsyuk - Semin
                Kovalchuk - Malkin - Afinogenov
                Kozlov - Fedorov - Radulov
                Zaripov - Zinoviev - Morozov

Canada

Bergeron-Crosby-Nash
                Staal-Getzlaf-Perry
                Heatley-Thornton-Marleau
                Towes-Richards-Iginla

USA (only saw top 3 lines)

Parise-Stastny-Kane
                Malone-Kessel-Pavelski
                Langenbrunner-Kesler-Brown

In terms of a high scorer, christ flip a damn coin....

I just can't wait to watch this !!
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Anyone noticing the NBC trickery of pimping every two-bit shit Pixar/Scorsese upcoming release as a hope of making back some the revenue loss from showing a sport that most have little interest in? Now myself, I'm a sucker for figure skating (pairs or singles) and possibly the snowboarding half-pipe but NBC is doing their best to make these Olympics to be as boring as ever. Bob Costas's overbearing "I know EVERYTHING about EVERY Olympic sport more than you do" attitude, Dan Kirkpatrick's vanity when the camera is on him, that NFL douche trying to explain the biathlon as if he just looked up the country of Norway on Wiki two seconds ago. As for Al Micheals, the dude looked dead-bored, apathetic and disinterested except for the free vacation that NBC is paying for yet he is the only one worth watching.
                  They need Don Cherry to pop out and liven up the place! He'd be yelling over the NBC empty-suit broadcasters during the hockey matches.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

An 75 year old Don Cherry has more personality in him than all olympic commentators COMBINED!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b3FwRoBoYuM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b3FwRoBoYuM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Just found out Luongo is starting in net for Game 1, not Brodeur....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

The Olympics usually use a rink 210 feet long and 98 feet wide, yet the Canadian rink is the NHL standard 200 feet long and 85 feet wide, with goal lines 11 feet (instead of 13) from the end boards. Do you guys believe this will have an effect on international players?
                        Last edited by chefcraig; 02-15-2010, 10:03 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          The Olympics usually use a rink 210 feet long and 98 feet wide, yet the Canadian rink is the NHL standard 200 feet long and 85 feet wide, with goal lines 11 feet (instead of 13) from the end boards. Do you guys believe this will have an effect on international players?
                          Not sure if it will and don't most of the guys out there play Pro Hockey anyways?
                          Originally posted by vandeleur
                          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Nah, most of the are either NHL'ers or former NHL'ers....

Just going to be fucking intense, everyone hates everyone !!

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Aug 2004

USA vs Swiss starts in 2 hours on USA Cable Network................USA.....USA.....USA.....BIT CHEZ!

United States
                              Probable lineup.

Left Wing Center Right Wing
                              9 Zach Parise 26 Paul Stastny 88 Patrick Kane
                              12 Ryan Malone 16 Joe Pavelski 81 Phil Kessel
                              23 Dustin Brown 17 Ryan Kesler 15 Jamie Langenbrunner
                              54 Bobby Ryan 42 David Backes 24 Ryan Callahan
                              - EXTRA FORWARD: 23 Chris Drury

Left Defense Right Defense
                              20 Ryan Suter 28 Brian Rafalski
                              4 Tim Gleason 6 Erik Johnson
                              44 Brooks Orpik 3 Jack Johnson
                              19 Ryan Whitney -

Starting Goalie Backup Goalie
                              39 Ryan Miller 30 Tim Thomas

Scratches Reason
                              G 29 Jonathan Quick Healthy

Switzerland
                              Probable lineup.

Left Wing Center Right Wing
                              23 Thierry Paterlini 28 Martin Plüss 32 Ivo Rüthemann
                              76 Hnat Domenichelli 39 Raffaele Sannitz 86 Julien Sprunger
                              14 Roman Wick 35 Sandy Jeannin 67 Romano Lemm
                              18 Thomas Déruns 25 Thibaut Monnet 10 Andres Ambühl

Left Defense Right Defense
                              7 Mark Streit 77 Yannick Weber
                              47 Luca Sbisa 5 Severin Blindenbacher
                              72 Patrick von Gunten 16 Raphael Díaz
                              54 Philippe Furrer 31 Mathias Seger

Starting Goalie Backup Goalie
                              1 Jonas Hiller 52 Tobias Stephan

++++

Here are the Canadian lines from morning practice:

Nash-Crosby-Bergeron
                              Staal-Getzlaf-Perry
                              Marleau-Thornton-Heatley
                              Morrow-Toews-Iginla

It appears Mike Richards is the 13th forward.

The D-pairings look like this:

Boyle-Pronger
                              Keith-Seabrook
                              Weber-Niedermayer

Looks like Doughty is the seventh D.

Roberto L in net. Marty B will start on Thursday.

I would guess we will see a blow out today against the team from Norway.

+++++

USA takes on the Swiss at 3pm est. Should be Miller in net for USA vs Hiller for the Swiss.

USA is the heavy favorite against the Swiss, but after 1998 and 2006 in is a crap shoot for this team...lol...

FULL TV Schedule if you are looking for what channel each game is on:

Olympic Schedule for the 2010 Olympics - NHL.com - Olympics Ice Hockey Schedule

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

Luger Aya Yasuda disqualified for missing weight - Fourth-Place Medal - 2010 Olympics Blog - Yahoo! Sports

This is a touchy subject. Japan's Aya Yasuda has been disqualified from the women's luge event Tuesday for being over weight.

Not "overweight." At 132 pounds, Yasuda is the ideal size for luging. It's her equipment that weighs too much.

Because of a miscalculation, Yasuda brought too much ballast with her to weigh-ins for Tuesday's competition. Lugers are allowed 13.1 kg of "additional weight." Yasuda brought 13.3.

Though there is no weight requirement for luge, women who weigh less than 75 kg (Yasuda weighs roughly 60 kg) may make up 75 percent of that difference without going over the limit. Yasuda exceeded that limit by less than half a pound.

Though Yasuda was not expected to be a medal contender, this would have been her first Olympics. It's unfortunate that the equivalent of the weight of a cheeseburger would keep her from competing, especially when it's the result of accidentally miscalculating a somewhat complex formula. It's not like Yasuda was using an illegal sled, blood doping, or anything like that.

You have to draw the line somewhere, but this seems a little harsh.
                                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...