X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
    The Dallas Cowboys get Dez Bryant! Talk about an arsenal. The number two offense in the NFL just got a lot better.
    Now they need to get rid of Roy Williams! That's a hell of a receiving duo...Miles Austin and Dez Bryant.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
      Commando
      • Apr 2006

It doesn't appear Roy will be going anywhere. However, Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd have both asked to be traded. I just saw Jerry Jones say they could all end up still being on the roster. I have to believe Hurd would be the odd man out with Kevin Ogletree taking the fifth receiver spot. As much as Cowboys fans want to get rid of Roy, he still had 600 yds receiving and 7 tds last season. Over paid? YES! But everyone has to remember that Witten had over a 1000 yds and so did Miles. Romo threw for 4500 yds. So if we flipped Roys numbers and Austins numbers then everyone would be waiting for Miles to break out. To me, it doesn't matter, as long as I'm not paying the bill. I am happy to have Dez, Roy and Miles. If one of those guys gets hurt, we still have two legit WR'S on the roster. I heard Jerry say pretty much the same thing yesterday. One thing is for sure in Dallas, they have an offense that strikes fear in EVERY team in the NFL, and if anyone says different, they are full of shit.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by MAX
        Holy Fuckin' Shit!!! My Broncos snagged Tebow? I'm cuntfused as to their strategy at this point and especially in that position? They already signed that bust Quinn. Seriously, I'm beyond cuntfused. Even more that normal. :confused:
        McDaniel can't make a deal on his own, so he watched Belicheck, and took who he thought Belisuck was going to take him...

and they either were...or were trying to lead other teams down the wrong path...which is possible.
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr Walker
          Job security for Daniels... he'll sell Bowlen on the fact that he can turn Tebow into Brady/Cassell if he has a few years (3 or 4) to slowly develop him.
          Well...aside the fact that Brady was a sixth round pick, and a prototypical drop-back passer, and Cassell was a prototypical drop-back passer stuck behind a heisman trophy winner at the #1 program in the country...

Tebow...who regardless of his holy roller-ness, is as dumb as a rock. Have you heard the kid talk? He sounds like a fourth grader.

If McDaniel can sell Bowlen on the slow develop, he should be given the commisioners job...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            McDaniel can't make a deal on his own, so he watched Belicheck, and took who he thought Belisuck was going to take him...

and they either were...or were trying to lead other teams down the wrong path...which is possible.
            Look at what McDaniels has done in a single year, as it's mind-numbing: Drafted Tom Brandstater (who?), traded Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton, went 8 and 8, dumped Brandon Marshall and now picks Tim Tebow in the first round of the draft. I guess you could say this is vaguely Belichick-like. It's also astonishingly nebulous with regard to any evidence of an actual plan.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

i like this quote..

Okay, let's get this straight. The Bears trade pretty much everything, up to and including George Halas' first leather helmet, for quarterback Jay Cutler(notes). They have needs all over their roster, despite a very active free agency plunge. And in their draft, which didn't start until the 75th overall pick, they spend one of their five picks on ... Central Michigan quarterback Dan LeFevour, who refused to throw at the combine because he wasn't familiar with the receivers. Ouch, guys.
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• MAX
                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Tebow...who regardless of his holy roller-ness, is as dumb as a rock. Have you heard the kid talk? He sounds like a fourth grader.
                This might actually work then cos McDaniels looks like he's in fourth grade.
                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's statement Monday regarding the six-game suspension given him last week by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell:

"The commissioner's decision to suspend me speaks clearly that more is expected of me. I am accountable for the consequences of my actions. Though I have committed no crime, I regret that I have fallen short of the values instilled in me by my family. I will not appeal the suspension and will comply with what is asked of me -- and more.

"Missing games will be devastating for me. I am sorry to let down my teammates and the entire Steelers fan base. I am disappointed that I have reached this point and will not put myself in this situation again.

"I appreciate the opportunities that I have been given in my life and will make the necessary improvements."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire.

EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• SilvioDante
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                    PITTSBURGH -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's statement Monday regarding the six-game suspension given him last week by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell:

"The commissioner's decision to suspend me speaks clearly that more is expected of me. I am accountable for the consequences of my actions. Though I have committed no crime, I regret that I have fallen short of the values instilled in me by my family. I will not appeal the suspension and will comply with what is asked of me -- and more.

"Missing games will be devastating for me. I am sorry to let down my teammates and the entire Steelers fan base. I am disappointed that I have reached this point and will not put myself in this situation again.

"I appreciate the opportunities that I have been given in my life and will make the necessary improvements."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire.

...and this time he means it!!!
                    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Little Texan
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX

That girl on the left looks like a young Hillary Clinton. I've seen better looking women than those skanks in that picture. You would think a famous, multi-millionaire athlete could find some better tail than that, and wouldn't have to resort to rape to get him some pussy, even if he's nothing to look at himself.

Comment

• redblkwht
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

nah, they all look like high school chics too..what a dumbdick. his shirt says it all (h.s. like) lol

EUAS

Comment

• MAX
                          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
                          nah, they all look like high school chics too..what a dumbdick. his shirt says it all (h.s. like) lol
                          lmao @ "dumbdick!!!"
                          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

This twit was a bust for the Cowboys, but the Bengals must see something in him. I sure don't.

Pacman Jones back in the NFL with Bengals

Pacman Jones agreed to a deal with the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday, NFL.com and the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

Jones worked out for the Bengals earlier this week, and the sides had been discussing terms of a deal. He hasn't played in the NFL since 2008. He sat out last season and was suspended for the 2007 season and for six games of the 2008 season.

The Enquirer reported the deal is for two years at the league minimum salary (about $630,000), with the potential to earn more in incentives.

Jones said last week he wanted to return to the NFL. Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer worked with Jones when the two were in Dallas and told the team's website he will hold Jones accountable for his actions.

"I'll be on him at all times," Zimmer said. He added that Jones "looked me in the eye and shook my hand" that he would conduct himself with more discipline.

Zimmer said Jones will not be competing for a starting spot. -- Sean Leahy

Pacman Jones agreed to a deal with the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday, NFL.com and the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig

Pacman Jones back in the NFL with Bengals
                              Um and yes this will work out well...

Wonder what Ocho Cinco's thoughts are regarding this? lmao
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

How come I am not surprised by this?

Brandon Marshall has surgery, out until Dolphins training camp

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Brandon Marshall (FSY) will be sidelined until at least the start of Miami Dolphins training camp while he recovers from an undisclosed surgery.

The wide receiver has been rehabbing, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said.

Sparano would not disclose the nature of the surgery, saying only that it was something the team did not expect when it acquired the wide receiver from the Denver Broncos. (Gee, ya think? )

Marshall didn't participate in an offseason practice with his new team Wednesday, instead working out on an exercise bike before watching his new teammates participate in on-field drills.

Marshall would not disclose the nature of the injury, deferring that question to Sparano.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...