X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Take 'Em
    Head Fluffer
    • May 2005

Originally posted by Golden AWe

Capitals are the best team in hockey right now.

Hawks and Caps in Finals would be great to watch. Somebody will be looking for Alexander's head for the hit on Campbell.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Golden AWe
      Capitals are the best team in hockey right now.
      We'll see if their defense and goaltending hold up in a seven game series...

Let's not forget, that cushy record is courtesy of playing in the worst division in hockey....

Kinda like the Wings when Chicago weren't very good....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Golden AWe
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Let's not forget, that cushy record is courtesy of playing in the worst division in hockey....

Except that they've really beat all the teams in the league...one at a time...Chicago, they won despite being down 0-3, Pittsburgh, our no. 1 enemy, three wins in three matches...I know the goaltending factor is there, and the defense has to tighten up in the playoffs, where less goals are scored, but at the moment the Caps can beat ANYONE.

One thing that has changed a lot is playing in the crease, and in the corners. Mike Knuble is PERFECT cuntpared to the soft Viktor Kozlov we used to have, and Eric Belanger and Scott Walker, and especially Jason Chimera have added even more teeth to the team.

Plus, Nicklas Bäckstrom has been AMAZING....

Originally posted by Take 'Em
        Hawks and Caps in Finals would be great to watch. Somebody will be looking for Alexander's head for the hit on Campbell.
        True dat.
        Originally posted by Cato
        Golden, why are you FAT?
        Originally posted by lesfunk
        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Exactly. Not to mention they don't travel at all compared to any Western team.

Everything changes in a seven game series. I honestly don't think the Caps measure up to at least 3 or 4 teams in the West in a 7 game series
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
            need a bit of help here, I'm a fan of Cleveland sports team fan, but have always had a bit of an interest in hockey and it's sort of grown during the olympics. I'd really like to have a team to adopt and to follow. And before eveyone says "Adopt the Blue Jackets", something just doesn't feel right, I don't feel in anyway connected to them as I would say, TOSU. Pretty much, I'd like a team to follow just until C-town finally gets it's first hockey franchise since the 1970's (perhaps if the Cavs get good enough, they'll get a new arena or something in a few years and maybe this new team would play there?)

So, out of them all, I've figured out a few teams I'd probably rule out:

The Pens

No offense to VA., In fact if this team was like..in say..Erie or some place NOT Pittsburgh, I'd be a fan in heartbeat, the jersey's are awesome, they have some decent history, and Sid the kid seems pretty awesome, but something in my blood tells me I can't root for a Pittsburgh sports team.

Any team from NYC

Don't generally really like cheering on big market team.

Any team from Florida or Arizona

How the hell do they even have a hockey franchise?

Teams I'm considering

Boston Bruins

love the "B" and the colors, even though I hate the cities other teams

Buffalo Sabres

Hey if the locals there get to pull for the Tribe, I think I should have the right to pull for their NHL team, plus, I'm sort of naturally attracted to disapointment and failure.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Fairly close to me, and always liked their look overall.

Philadelphia Flyers

The broadstreet bullies just seem so bad ass, plus the jersey seem cool as well.

1st off Unchainme I'd say the Jackets:

1-you're close enough to go see 'em on occasion

2-they're an "up and coming team"...which means they're not selling out home games...which means you can get tickets...

3-You won't be a BANDWAGON jumper...when they do make it good...and they will...you'll have the pleasure of knowing your a REAL sports fan...somebody who bled during the lean years...and the good times will be even better for it...trust me...I vividly...and fondly...remember the DEAD WINGS era...

and if you just can't get into the Jackets....I'd say the CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS...still close to you...a YOUNG team on the rise...and yup...they have the KEWLEST FARKING jerseys....EVER

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
              Sniper
              • Oct 2009

New jersey devils! :]
              Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Take 'Em
                Head Fluffer
                • May 2005

Great time to be a Blackhawk fan. Still in it and I think will take the Sharks in 6 games, starting with a road win this Sunday..........

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

I bet they sweep the Sharks!

I want an ORIGINAL SIX finals!!!

Whoo-Hoo!!!

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• tojoro
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Dec 2009

I'm from Boston and Bobby Orr is awesome, but this town really needs to let that shit fade into history. I can understand that folks here continue to masturbate to the above pic, as this is a hockey town and we've also haven't had a team that was worthy enough to win the cup since the early 70's...fuck, even Ray Bourque had to go to another town to get his name on Lord Stanley after breaking his nuts for two decades in the gaahden.
                      That being said, I found out during this morning's news that the Blackhawks are going to the dance, and I say good for them! I think their last cup was the 60-61 season, so they're certainly overdue, plus, my attitude is, if the B's can't get it done, I always root for any of the other Original Six.

Comment

• Unchainme
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2005

Well, the Jets came back..

strangely I have this sudden craving to drink my favorite imported beer..wonder why..

Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...