• TAKIN WHISKEY
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

Tonight should be a good one.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Yeah...I went back and forth with it...should be a tough game...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
        Commando
        • Apr 2006

I took the Falcons only because they were at home. If it was in Baltimore, I would have gone with the Ravens. Yeah, definitely a good one for a Thursday night.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
          I took the Falcons only because they were at home. If it was in Baltimore, I would have gone with the Ravens. Yeah, definitely a good one for a Thursday night.
          That is why I chose Baltimore, as they are 3-1 on the road this year.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

I honestly can't remember who I picked...I'm pretty spiteful...so I think Atlanta...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Jason Snelling is a whore...and so are the Falcons...and so is Derrick Mason...

fuck a three peat...they are a fucking three-cunt...

Comment

• Bob_R
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I took Atlanta so I'm 1-0 heading into Sundays' games.

Which means? Absolutely nothing. That's what it means.

How'd the bastard that's in first place do? :tongue0011:
                Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• conmee
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

I too received a gift from the officials as I picked the Falcons. However this year has been an unmitigated disaster for my Pick 'Em and my Chargers and my Irish... But I'm playing through to the end!

That is all.

Icon©®™
                  An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                  hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

I tell ya, the easiest pick of the week for me was NE over the Steelers....

Why? 'Cause I've seen both Belichick and the Steelers have the same exact game plan for about 10 years now....

Brady dinks and dunks the Steelers and their horribly overrated pass defense all night long, and the Steelers refuse to make adjustments.....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Yeah, and it's the only late game I managed to get correct.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Little Texan
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Why are these NFL games so unpredictable and impossibly hard to pick this year? Dallas gets blown out the week before, and you figure they're dead in the water...no way they could beat a hot Giants team that's won five games in a row and blew out the team they played the week before, at their place! Then Dallas comes out on fire and plays the best they've played all season and wins! This is just one example of many.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                          Why are these NFL games so unpredictable and impossibly hard to pick this year? Dallas gets blown out the week before, and you figure they're dead in the water...no way they could beat a hot Giants team that's won five games in a row and blew out the team they played the week before, at their place! Then Dallas comes out on fire and plays the best they've played all season and wins! This is just one example of many.
                          It's uncanny, isn't it? Normally at this point in the season, teams are pretty much set in their ways, trends develop and you can pretty much tell the contenders from the pretenders. Not so, this season. I guess this is the personification of Pete Rozelle's dream: parity in the NFL. Given a look at the stats, you can drastically change what team you think is the undisputed best in either league, but only from week to week. And even then, the process shits back in your face when a team like Dallas or Denver walks all over their opponents. It's gotten to the point that this week, I'm going with hunches instead of logic based on win/loss standings. It's either that or resort to coin flips, which when you think about it, is far less work and might even be a more sophisticated way of choosing teams.

And considering my current place in the league standings, anything would help at this point.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                            Veteran
                            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Little Texan
                            NFL stands for No Freakin' Logic.
                            RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                            LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              And considering my current place in the league standings, anything would help at this point.
                              May I suggest flipping a coin.....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Who would have thought that a quarterback's interception would lead to his team being victorious. Mark Sanchez from midfield throws a pass which Cleveland intercepts at their own 3 yard line. Three and out and Cleveland is forced to punt. To make matters better for the Jets the punt is returned about 15 yards and the Jets have the ball on the Browns' 35 or thereabouts. Moments later the game is over.

Maybe it would have been better for Cleveland if they had just knocked the ball down. Also, their first play from scrimmage after the interception was a pass (incomplete) allowing the clock to stop and saving the Jets from having to use a timeout.
                                Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

Working...