X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by FORD
    If the Cowpies are involved, it's always possible. I don't trust a goddamn thing that comes out of Texas.
    I hear that, bro
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Little Texan
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      If the Cowpies are involved, it's always possible. I don't trust a goddamn thing that comes out of Texas.
      Originally posted by kwame k
      I hear that, bro
      Excuse me?

Comment

• Little Texan
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Chef's choices don't look so clue-free this week.

Comment

• Bob_R
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Why oh why did I take Indy?

I had a feeling Dallas was going to win.
          Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• fifth element
            Commando
            • Nov 2010

cowboys fan at the controls??

that is pretty weird...
            “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• fifth element
              Commando
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bob_R
              Why oh why did I take Indy?

I had a feeling Dallas was going to win.
              Indy hasn't looked REAL good all year.....

for me, the Chiefss won, and the Chargers lost....

it was a GOOD day
              “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fifth element
                cowboys fan at the controls??

that is pretty weird...
                My initial reaction was: Huh?

YAHOO does some pretty strange things with their fantasy leagues. I won't even begin to describe how peculiar their NASCAR game is.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fifth element
                  Commando
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  My initial reaction was: Huh?

YAHOO does some pretty strange things with their fantasy leagues. I won't even begin to describe how peculiar their NASCAR game is.
                  didn't know they had a NASCAR thing going....

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fifth element
                    didn't know they had a NASCAR thing going....
                    It takes up in February, and runs the entire season. This gets tedious pretty fast, as with some 30 + races taking place (with over 43 drivers competing for a spot each week, and some not competing every week), the choices become mind numbing. Add to that you can only use each driver 10 times, so you are forced to take some scrubs one way or another. On top of that, the scoring system has more holes in it than a cheese grater. For instance, it often fails to record wins. Last season, although I had picked the winning driver and had won the week outright on THREE SEPARATE OCCASIONS, none were registered in the score, and did not change the standings.

I used to run the game for another site, but became so fed up with it that I stopped altogether. The only reason I joined this year was due to an invite from a friend. Since I would not need to be in charge, I figured why not. Yet by the half way point of the season, the scoring was off so badly I pretty much gave up. YAHOO claims to make improvements every year, but nothing ever seems to change.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Little Texan
                      Excuse me?

It's all FORD's fault
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• fifth element
                        Commando
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
                        It takes up in February, and runs the entire season. This gets tedious pretty fast, as with some 30 + races taking place (with over 43 drivers competing for a spot each week, and some not competing every week), the choices become mind numbing. Add to that you can only use each driver 10 times, so you are forced to take some scrubs one way or another. On top of that, the scoring system has more holes in it than a cheese grater. For instance, it often fails to record wins. Last season, although I had picked the winning driver and had won the week outright on THREE SEPARATE OCCASIONS, none were registered in the score, and did not change the standings.

I used to run the game for another site, but became so fed up with it that I stopped altogether. The only reason I joined this year was due to an invite from a friend. Since I would not need to be in charge, I figured why not. Yet by the half way point of the season, the scoring was off so badly I pretty much gave up. YAHOO claims to make improvements every year, but nothing ever seems to change.
                        i think i'll stick w/ FF

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2006

I spaced today and forgot to make my picks until now and yahoo locked me out of the Thursday night game. It says the deadline is 5 minutes before each game and I was on yahoo pickem about 12 minutes before. Anyway I screwed myself out of a probable win tonight with the Chargers. WTF! That sucks, shit I'm starting to sound like Phillip Rivers

Comment

• Bob_R
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Craig has won 3 weeks running (4 total). The bastard!

I've won 3 weeks as well but at least I split the weeks apart to give others a chance.

I have not forgotten about you either Todd. :tongue0011: First place.

Some games this week are really tough to pick.
                            Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Forgot to set the Thursday game again...so I just said fuck it...I'm out...and good'fucking'bye to that whore yahoo...forgot to repick my bowl games as well...and didn't set the confidence points...fuck...
                              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i'm gettin' killed today.

but as long as i finish higher than Von, i'm happy.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...