X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    Who does Auburn play next week? I still say Saban threw that game for the sake of getting an SEC team in the National Championship game.
    I believe they play South Carolina in the SEC championship game. South Carolina played them pretty tough earlier in the season, and Auburn only beat them by a touchdown after SC led going into the fourth quarter.

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I think Wisconsin could beat anyone in the Country right now.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

this was maybe wrong in the ohio state thread, but hey, we're co-/tri-co?champs

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jqja4deyX5k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jqja4deyX5k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

TCU should have been in the Big 12 instead of Baylor, but back when the conference was formed, TCU had a shitty football program and Baylor had always been a respectable program in the Southwest Conference. Now it is just the opposite...Baylor has been the conference doormat for most of its Big 12 tenure and TCU has emerged as a perennial football powerhouse in that same time period.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

What a fucking joke the NCAA and the BCS are.

The Big 11 = Three way tie at the top.

The Big 12 = Three way tie at the top.

There needs to be a fucking PLAYOFF!

Wisconsin is probably the best team in the Country right now. RIGHT NOW! What about after a fucking MONTH off from playing games? Will they still be the best team? Will they be able to maintain their momentum through a MONTH of fucking practices? The piece of shit old boys network NCAA should be blown away right now. There is no reason they can't start a playoff in December, and culminate it all with the Bowl games. There is NO FUCKING REASON this cannot be done!

I am not pitching this bitch because I am some big ass Cheesehead fan. I just happen to think they are the best team right now, and should have the chance to prove it.

Fucking Auburn. Fuck Auburn. The most overrated team in the Country. By far. Fucking tan boy Saban threw that game for the sake of the SEC. I don't believe for a minute, that didn't happen.

Wisconsin should boycott whatever Bowl they are invited to, and then invite the winner of the fraud National Championship game to their own Bowl game. They can call it the "Fuck You Bowl". In fact, several top teams should boycott the Bowls. Set up their own Bowl game, and keep all the money for their programs.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Here are the predictions from two fucks at ESPN...

BCS National Championship Game
              (BCS No. 1 vs. BCS No. 2) Oregon vs. Auburn Oregon vs. Auburn
              Allstate Sugar
              (BCS vs. BCS) Arkansas vs. Ohio State Arkansas vs. Ohio State
              Discover Orange
              (BCS vs. BCS) Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia Virginia Tech vs. Stanford
              Fiesta
              (BCS vs. BCS) Oklahoma vs. Stanford Oklahoma vs. Connecticut
              Rose Bowl Game presented by VIZIO
              (BCS vs. BCS) Wisconsin vs. TCU Wisconsin vs. TCU
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Ohio State against fucking Bobby Petrino...He's a fucking cunt...and so is his team...

and his QB?

"Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Okay...

Michigan isn't going to do anything with regards to their coach until after the bowl game. It's idiotic, but, that's what they are going to do.

To make matters more interesting? Thursday Night is their football banquet.

They are honoring their 1985 Michigan Wolverines...

Who was their QB?

Jim Harbaugh...

Who will be in attendance?

Jim Harbaugh...

hehehehehe...

You can't make this shit up...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Perhaps Michigan is trying to avoid the scenario in which they fire DickRod early, then rampant speculation forces Harbaugh to stay put at Stanford, with a BCS bowl coming up. He's not Brian Kelly...he'd come out and say, "I'm staying."

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                      Perhaps Michigan is trying to avoid the scenario in which they fire DickRod early, then rampant speculation forces Harbaugh to stay put at Stanford, with a BCS bowl coming up. He's not Brian Kelly...he'd come out and say, "I'm staying."
                      I don't really know how these rumors start and get into the drinking water, but over the weekend I heard at least three broadcasters mention Harbaugh for the 49ers job. And don't forget, UM fired Shannon Saturday. This brings up some interesting stuff, considering that Denver is more than likely looking for a coach as well. As things go forward, you have to imagine the usual suspects (Cowher, Gruden) will get added to the list with so many openings and so few genuine prospects, other than a handful of offensive coordinators.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Oh...I know...it just really depends on what Harbaugh wants to do. I can't express to you enough what it means to have a "Michigan Man" in there for the coaching job. It was the same at tOSU. And Harbaugh is exactly what they need...a motivator that runs a pro style offense.

He may want a pro job though...we'll just have to wait and see...but believe me...Michigan is talking to Harbaugh if they are planning to make a move, and if he leaves Stanford, and that's a big if, then Michigan would have to be at the top of the list.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

I still say Cowher is lined up to take the Carolina job...all this other talk...is just that...talk...

It's about the relationship he'd have with the owner, and the control he'd have...which would be a lot...

Now...the only other job that I think could interest him...would be the Giants, and that could happen as well.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

It's just odd the way these colleges seem to change their minds about direction every few years. Look at Miami, for instance. They brought in Shannon because he would straighten out the program and get rid of it's "Thug U" reputation. Plus he was an alum. So what does he do? Just what they asked. Only one arrest in his tenure, but a 28-22 record. So all of a sudden, wining is a priority, and he gets the boot.

I'll be willing to bet they go after Gruden, and if he starts wining, they'll sit back and be quiet, watching the crime rate rise for a few years. After a title or two, once again it will be time to make a change.
                            Last edited by chefcraig; 11-29-2010, 12:20 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Harbaugh won't be at the Michigan function. In my mind, that implicates him even more as a candidate. I sure hope I am wrong.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

think gruden would wanna coach college ball?

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...