X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
    think gruden would wanna coach college ball?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...a.)_Hurricanes
    Pojo and me were talking about this yesterday morning, when the rumors first started. Since then it has spread like wildfire, and the story is all over the local papers and sports radio here. Word has it Gruden met with UM's AD Kirby Hocutt Tuesday evening, and Gruden's brother Jay will serve as offensive coordinator.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• hideyoursheep
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2007

TCU in the Rose Bowl vs Wisconsin....I like it.

Unless the Cocks stick it to Auburn, then what? Does Wisconsin jump over TCU and reach the NC game, or do the Frogs finally get a shot at the title?

I can't believe Oregon is going to make it to the title game. Oregon.

Wisconsin put a great season together this year. JJ Watt should be put in a fucking cage. He's an animal. But I have to mention that the Badgers let Mishitgan score 28 points where Ohio State only gave up 7.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
        TCU in the Rose Bowl vs Wisconsin....I like it.

Unless the Cocks stick it to Auburn, then what? Does Wisconsin jump over TCU and reach the NC game, or do the Frogs finally get a shot at the title?

I can't believe Oregon is going to make it to the title game. Oregon.

Wisconsin put a great season together this year. JJ Watt should be put in a fucking cage. He's an animal. But I have to mention that the Badgers let Mishitgan score 28 points where Ohio State only gave up 7.
        If Wisconsin jumped TCU...oh boy...the fun and joy that that would bring. If TCU played Oregon, I'd back TCU.

I still say that TCU isn't as mid-major as say, Boise St. Am I the only one that remembers that less than 15 years ago, TCU was a member of the SWC, that included Arkansas, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and SMU (when they were a power).

So while TCU was forced into a mid-major conference, and have had to live that life, this team has a tradition that goes beyond Boise St. TCU moving to the Big East is a natural progression. Hell, the Big Ten should have went after them...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Am I the only one that questions whether or not Gruden can coach in the college ranks?
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            Am I the only one that questions whether or not Gruden can coach in the college ranks?
            Apparently not. According to sports radio here last evening (and today's local papers), the deal is off. It came down to money issues, as Gruden (rightfully) wanted carte blanche in putting a staff together. The fact is, he can make more money in the booth for ESPN than on the sidelines for a college team. Besides, he hasn't coached college ball for something like 20 years, and never as a head coach.

My guess is that he'll bide his time as the NFL season winds down and see what's open then, or wait another year.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• damngoodtimes
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

I've assumed that, unless Holmgren decides he wants to coach again (which I don't think he will), Gruden would be in line to coach the Browns if Mangini gets the axe.

he's a Holmgren guy, grew up in Ohio as a Browns fan, etc
              David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
              — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

I don't think Wisconsin would jump TCU. a big chunk of voters have the mid-major bug this year. I think some of it is just wanting to upset the apple cart.

now, if BOTH Auburn and Oregon lose...

maybe.

I can't see Stanford getting in no matter what, because they can't pass Oregon (even with a Duck loss). I don't know why they don't pass a rule that requires a team to win their conference.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Go beavers!
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    If Wisconsin jumped TCU...oh boy...the fun and joy that that would bring. If TCU played Oregon, I'd back TCU.

I still say that TCU isn't as mid-major as say, Boise St. Am I the only one that remembers that less than 15 years ago, TCU was a member of the SWC, that included Arkansas, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and SMU (when they were a power).

So while TCU was forced into a mid-major conference, and have had to live that life, this team has a tradition that goes beyond Boise St. TCU moving to the Big East is a natural progression. Hell, the Big Ten should have went after them...
                    I agree with you on the TCU being more "legit" than Boise St., and a big reason that the voters have a "mid-major bug", as DGT put it, is because of both TCU and Boise's record over the last few years..hard to ignore, even if they didn't really play anyone. I think TCU beat Boise last year in the Fiesta Bowl?

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

no. Boise won last year.

Let's see if the Cocks or the Beavers can pull the upset today.

if so, it should make for some interesting discussion between tonight and tomorrow's selections.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

well, no drama at all.

Auburn and Oregon for all the Tostitos.

I guess defense does NOT win championships.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

rose bowl bound, it is good to be back
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

Wisconsin is representing all 6 BCS leagues in Pasadena this year (well, actually 5 of them, since the Big Least is adding TCU).

Time for the Badgers to roll up 45 or 50 on 'em.

Comment

• SilvioDante
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2004

I thought this a might funny, summing up the Cam Newton situation...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DZx2d_O2qxc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DZx2d_O2qxc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                              "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Urban Meyer stepping down at Florida.

Good.

I am sick of this guy trying to get all the attention on himself. Don't change your mind this time, dickface.

Comment

Working...