Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Here are the top ten spending universities with regard to their football programs:

Top 10 spenders:
    1. Ohio State, $31,763,036
    2. Alabama, $31,118,134
    3. Notre Dame, $29,490,788
    4. Auburn, $27,911,713
    5. LSU, $25,566,520
    6. Florida, $24,457,557
    7. South Carolina, $22,794,211
    8. Wisconsin, $22,041,491
    9. Arkansas $22,005,014
    10. TCU $20,609,361

There's a couple of interesting teams in there. First...there's Notre Dame...how funny is that.

Second...there's TCU...tenth in the country. People calling the former SWC member a mid-major team is kidding themselves. Sure, they play shit teams...but that college has the capital to bring in top prospects...year after year.

To put it more into perspective...here's the schools that pay the most per underclassmen that attends the school:

1. Notre Dame, $3,531
    2. Tulsa, $3,236
    3. TCU, $2,822
    4. Stanford, $2,625
    5. SMU, $2,113
    6. Miami (FL), $1,927
    7. Boston College, $1,891
    8. Northwestern, $1,851
    9. Arkansas, $1,625
    10. Auburn $1,518

There's fucking Tulsa and TCU again...

Is it really a surprise that they are good year after year?
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Now...how about Boise St.:

Boise State, meanwhile, looks like a bargain. The underdog Broncos stayed in contention for the national title all year with a program that spends a fraction of what the big boys do. The tab: $6.85 million for an average of $564 a student for a program that ended up winning the MAACO Bowl this year.
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Is anyone else watching this fucked-up-beyond-belief Tennessee/NC game?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And at the end of the 1st quarter in the Holiday Bowl....

DAWGS 10
          Cornholers 0
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

10-7...

If Washington wins this game...I would be shocked. I would love for Locker to somehow recreate the momentum he had last year...for the draft this year...

He really hurt himself this year...but I think he'll be a good one, and someone will get him on the steal later than he should go...

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It would be great if the Seahawks could pick him up. Hasselprick is almost as useless as his sister in law lately.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                It would be great if the Seahawks could pick him up. Hasselprick is almost as useless as his sister in law lately.
                INT Washington...

Nothing is more irritating than when a team keeps a QB way past their effectiveness. It's fucking shameful...and to not have any backups in place worth a damn...

Is there talk of Locker? If they win the division and drop to the mid-20's, I could see them taking Locker...remember...he plays for Sarkisian, a Carroll disciple...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

I seriously fucking hate Mark May...

that fucking guy needs his ass kicked. What we need to do is get rid of Holtz, and hire Chris fucking Spielman. Then we'll see if that cocksucker opens up his mouth about the Buckeyes. I've never seen a fucking desk jockey so fucking clearly against a team in all my fucking life...

the whore...

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    I seriously fucking hate Mark May...

that fucking guy needs his ass kicked. What we need to do is get rid of Holtz, and hire Chris fucking Spielman. Then we'll see if that cocksucker opens up his mouth about the Buckeyes. I've never seen a fucking desk jockey so fucking clearly against a team in all my fucking life...

the whore...
                    couldn't fucking hit the thanks-button fast enough.

did you see my post where he said that if what happened during tattoo gate? claiming that if it were arkansas, they would have had their players banned from the game because the NCAA loves the big 10/pac 10 .

I'm wondering, did the dude get passed over for a scholarship from a big 10 school like TOSU or did Pitt get their ass kicked?
                    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

About two minutes into the second half.... Locker tired of trying to complete a pass, runs in for the touchdown himself.

DAWGS 17
                      Cornholers 7
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

About two minutes into the second half.... Locker tired of trying to complete a pass, runs in for the touchdown himself.

DAWGS 17
                        Cornholers 7
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Unchainme

did you see my post where he said that if what happened during tattoo gate? claiming that if it were arkansas, they would have had their players banned from the game because the NCAA loves the big 10/pac 10 .

I'm wondering, did the dude get passed over for a scholarship from a big 10 school like TOSU or did Pitt get their ass kicked?
                          So let me get this straight...Mark May thinks that Bobby Petrino would ban their players? He can go fuck himself...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Unchainme

So let me get this straight...Mark May thinks that Bobby Petrino would ban their players? He can go fuck himself...

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Since when does the NCAA love the Pac10 anyway? Just look at what happens to any Pac 10 team when they become too good. (i.e. the Dawgs under Don James or USC under Pete Carroll)
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Unchainme
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                                I can't recall the exact line, but he was claiming that the NCAA was playing favorites, and insisted that if Arkansas had been the one with the allegations, they would have been kicked out of the game.

I think it stems partially as well from him being wrong on the 06 title game, like every other analyst was on the network due to TOSU just coming out so lethargic, they had to latch onto something do to the egg that was laid, and sucking the SEC cock was the easiest thing to do.
                                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...