X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

grant, i believe i owe you a carton....

just read your above post... mate, you're not the only one. in late 09 early 10 i had a drastic downturn in my own business. being self employed in a smallish town, i'm a pretty good barometer for the economy. but second half 10 up to now, it's been steadily improving so i reckon good times are coming..... as long as the fucking air tax doesn't happen
    Last edited by ashstralia; 03-24-2011, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• Grant
      Sniper
      • Feb 2005

That's good to hear, mate!

Yeah, as for me, the start of '10 saw me dealing with a devastating break-up of someone who meant the world to me (and kinda still does) which ended in the worst possible way. (Sometimes, I wonder how lucky I am that I didn't wind up in gaol for doing something impulsively out-of-character, I brooded over watching The Godfather for awhile, having Italian blood in me I can relate)...coupled with that, at the same time I was working in a very toxic work environment, we had a real wanker of a manager who couldn't conduct a proper healthy work environment, he even once physically threatened me in his office with door shut (he got sacked eventually)...come June, I had to force leave work cause undertook some alternative therapy treatment which threw me into an emotionally bad state, so gave work the flick, had to take time off to relax, became a couch potato, went through my Jim Morrison 1970 period, almost got hooked Days Of Our Lives for a moment, listening to loads of AM talk-back radio over how bad Julia Gillard really is, and ever since been needing to take things easy and try and survive and leave payouts, Centrelink, mortgage suspension, and borrowing money...actually, in hindsight hasn't been that bad but sometimes does seem that way, and it's been a nice break even wasn't planned for...but past few days been getting loads of job offers, and talking about really good ones would never have dreamt of.

Comment

• Grant
        Sniper
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ashstralia
        ..... as long as the fucking air tax doesn't happen
        Mate, once you've got Angry Anderson against you then you know you're a goner sooner or later...

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

no worries man. chin up; tough times don't last... tough people do. got a mate up here going through just about the worst shit you could imagine... i don't mind talking about this here cause no one else reads it apart from dan but yeah, think positive, get that great job, and a nice chick, and another premiership this year? you lucky bugger... i've been waiting for THAT since before you were born.. hehehe

Comment

• Grant
            Sniper
            • Feb 2005

grant, i believe i owe you a carton....
            Let's go to The Pool Room and get plastered.

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

actually just created a paypal account i wonder if you'll be so kind as to make it double or nothing on round 6? meanwhile read this comment on carbon;

QUESTION. What % of the air is CO2? ANSWER: CO2 is less than a mere four 100ths of 1%! As a decimal it is 0.038%. QUESTION: What % of CO2 do humans produce? ANSWER: Humans produce only 3%. As a decimal it is a miniscule 0.001% of the air. QUESTION: What % of man-made CO2 does Australia produce? ANSWER: 1% of the 0.001% of man-made CO2. As a decimal it is an insignificant 0.00001% of the air. QUESTION: What difference will Australia reducing its emissions by 10% while destroying the economy with a TAX ON AIR?? ANSWER: ZERO!

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/nati...#ixzz1HVd1ltNJ

btw, if the lovely boys and girls in i.a. are reading, ROTH ON!!!!!!
              Last edited by ashstralia; 03-24-2011, 06:00 AM. Reason: I.A.

Comment

• Grant
                Sniper
                • Feb 2005

no worries man. chin up; tough times don't last... tough people do. got a mate up here going through just about the worst shit you could imagine... i don't mind talking about this here cause no one else reads it apart from dan but yeah, think positive, get that great job, and a nice chick, and another premiership this year? you lucky bugger... i've been waiting for THAT since before you were born.. hehehe
                Bloody oath, mate!
                Here's to your mate gettin' back on the mend real quick!
                You know mate - seriously, here - I do think Rabbitohs will get their due time soon, I can feel it, at least sometime within next 2-3 years. As mentioned earlier, just make sure Rusty doesn't find a guitar and start strummin' away

Comment

• Grant
                  Sniper
                  • Feb 2005

actually just created a paypal account i wonder if you'll be so kind as to make it double or nothing on round 6? meanwhile read this comment on carbon;
                  If Dragons win, you can pay for my flood levy.
                  Typical Farr piece...gimme Miranda Devine, so correct and yet so doable...

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

haha, will do mate. we've got to get over the eels tomorrow night... if taylor can hang on to the ball long enough to get it to inglis maybe...

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

this just in, slash loves rugby league and tim tams...

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

. if taylor can hang on to the ball long enough to get it to inglis maybe...
                        ash the psychic strikes again

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Damn Those Warriors.
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Sharks Vs Warriors This Weekend.Money On The Sharks.
                            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

half time souths v manly. best game i've seen this year so far.

panama crankin for half time intro....bit of satch too...
                              Last edited by ashstralia; 04-01-2011, 05:33 AM. Reason: thanks channel 9 music editor

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

best game i've seen this year so far.
                                gus is copying me. again.

Comment

Working...