• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dan
    Packer's Kicked Some Ass On the Field.

Yeah, but look who they were playing and where! The game went exactly the way I expected it to go. I told my brother last night before the start of the 2nd quarter when the game was still scoreless that Dallas was going to lose by at least 20 points, and that it was going to be a blowout once the Packers got going. Was I ever on the money! Then this morning I told him I would be VERY surprised if Wade Phillips didn't get fired today. 2 for 2.

Jones had no choice but to make a change after last week and last night. It was obvious from watching the past couple of games that this team had just quit and wasn't even trying anymore. I groaned when Phillips was hired, and thought he should have been fired two seasons ago after they were blown out by the Eagles in the last game of the season. They had quit the last few games of that season as well. Jason Garrett isn't going to be any better, as he sucks ass as an offensive coordinator. Jones needs to clean house after the season, hire a decent coach after the season, and let the new coach bring in his own staff and let him have a major say in the personnel decisions of the team. Another laid back, yes-man, hand puppet hire like Wade Phillips isn't going to cut it. Dallas needs a hard nosed, disciplinarian type coach that won't take any shit from the players and won't accept less than 100% effort.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

How far up LeFag's ass is ESPN? This is how far up his faggot ass they are...

Jesus Christ...who fucking cares...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

HA!

According to the Dallas Morning News, the team forgot to renew the dallascowboys.com domain, and the site was left blank. The Cowboys' marketing arm, led by one Jerry Jones, Jr., quickly renewed the domain, but that process can take up to two days to go through, and for a website to propagate on a domain - even if it's been there before. The site is up, but up until Tuesday morning, there were people on Twitter reporting that they could still see the "fail" page on certain browsers.
        The most alarming aspect of the failure to renew a domain (especially one of this magnitude - only the NFL's official site is a more popular league-approved portal) is the astonishing lack of attention to detail it represents. Domains can be renewed for multiple years at a time, and Network Solutions (or whoever you might establish a domain name with) generally sends multiple e-mail notices as the renewal date draws near to the person listed as the primary website contact. It's a set-it-and-forget-it process that takes about five minutes.
        The 1-7 Cowboys team on the field isn't the only one looking for a few wins these days - it's a good bet that the franchise's internet marketing folks have been hearing some unfriendly words this week as well. They're just lucky no rogue Giants, Eagles, or Redskins fans bought the domain and held it hostage, perhaps insisting on Phillips' re-hire as a bargaining chip!
        Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 11-09-2010, 03:20 PM.
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

According to the Dallas Morning News, the team forgot to renew the dallascowboys.com domain, and the site was left blank.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

even the marketing team quit tryin'........
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Little Texan
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
              even the marketing team quit tryin'........
              Pathetic, isn't it?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

i hope they remember they are hosting a superbowl this year

Comment

• Little Texan
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

They thought when the season started that they were going to play a home field Super Bowl, and now they are worse than the Browns, Raiders, and Lions! Cowher could probably whip this team into shape and maximize the available talent on the team, but I highly doubt that he will work for someone like Jerry Jones with an ego the size of Texas. I'm pretty sure Cowher will want control of personnel decisions and football operations, and Jerry's ego won't let him take a step back and let someone else make football decisions.
                  Last edited by Little Texan; 11-09-2010, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

i just don't see cowher or gruden, the two i think can whip shit around best, willing to deal with jones at all.

Comment

• Bob_R
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

i just don't see cowher or gruden, the two i think can whip shit around best, willing to deal with jones at all.
                      No way it would be Gruden. He's already had to deal with Al Davis.
                      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2009

For my fellow Lion fans, some QB information from the Detroit Free Press

Shaun Hill wore a black cast up to his elbow on his left arm and took all the first-team reps in the open portion of Detroit Lions practice this morning, making it likely he'll start Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills.

Hill has been out since fracturing his left forearm in an Oct. 17 loss to the New York Giants. He used that arm to hand off during practice today and took snaps from the shotgun formation, using both hands to catch the ball.

Drew Stanton worked behind Hill, with starter Matthew Stafford watching from the sidelines because of a separated throwing shoulder, his second of the year.

Guard Stephen Peterman, defensive linemen Cliff Avril and Corey Williams, linebacker Isaiah Ekejiuba and running back Kevin Smith also missed practice today.

Safety C.C. Brown returned after sitting out the Jets game with a knee injury, and cornerback Chris Houston practiced after dislocating his shoulder last week.

Article regarding Stafford

I haven't seen Matthew Stafford's shoulder and wouldn't know what I was looking at if I did, anyway. I suspect my official diagnosis would be "Ewww," with a strong recommendation to "cover that thing up." Then, to make Stafford feel like he got sound medical advice, I would bill him $14 million.

Nonetheless, I did find two people who ... well, who also haven't seen Stafford's shoulder. But they would know what they were looking at, because they are experts in shoulder injuries.

As you probably know, Stafford injured his right shoulder Sunday, two months after injuring that same shoulder in the season opener, and a year after injuring his left shoulder as a rookie. This has led a lot of people to wonder whether Stafford has some sort of shoulder-injuring addiction, or put another way: Is he injury-prone and are the Lions jinxed and why isn't life fair and why do the Steelers get to win all the time and Detroit can't have ONE decent season?

Well, settle down.

"One way or the other, he is going to be fine," said Dr. David Altchek of the Hospital for Special Surgery, who is medical director for the New York Mets and a medical consultant for the NBA. "It's not that bad an injury. I've never seen a quarterback have a career-ending injury of this kind."

Dr. Paul Saluan of the Cleveland Clinic said, although he has not examined Stafford, the most likely scenario is that he is just unlucky. This would jibe with Lions coach Jim Schwartz's comments this week that Stafford's two shoulder injuries this season were unrelated. "I would be willing to bet that 20-30% of quarterbacks in the NFL have had AC separations," Saluan said.

The chances of Stafford being 100% are not great, but let's face it: Nobody is ever 100% in the NFL. If this is a normal case, Stafford should return at something close to his normal physical ability. This injury -- or these two injuries -- should not define his career.

Mlive.com reported that Stafford has a Grade 3 AC separation, which reminds me of a study I read back in 2005 by Dr. Richard Hawkins called "Grade 3 AC Separations and NFL Quarterbacks." It was a riveting piece of literature, full of plot twists and nuance, and I especially loved the part when Eli Manning's shoulder screams that Archie Manning's shoulder always liked Peyton's shoulder better, and ... OK, fine. I didn't actually read it. Saluan told me about it.

Anyway, Hawkins looked at 15 NFL quarterbacks who suffered Grade 3 AC separations. Twelve chose not to undergo surgery, and they missed an average of five games. Three underwent surgery immediately. They missed an average of eight games.

The conclusion? There isn't one, really. Apparently there is some disagreement in the medical profession about whether surgery should be performed on Grade 3 AC separations.

"This is a tricky issue," Altchek said. "It's very individual." Altchek said that the convention used to be to avoid surgery. Now, though, he thinks there is "a subset" of players who should undergo surgery.

The Lions aren't saying much. Their options, though, are pretty clear. They can wait to see how Stafford's shoulder heals without surgery, with the hope that he can return to get some experience at the end of the year. Or they can opt for surgery now.

Either way, I know this is frustrating, but it does not mean Stafford is doomed to spend the rest of his career in hospitals. As the Lions have shown, bad talent can kill a team. Bad luck should go away. We know Stafford has talent. Now he just needs better luck.

And even some news about that douchebag from Michigan State

Third-string quarterback Drew Stanton said he is getting ready for his second career NFL start Sunday when the Lions play at Buffalo.

"(I'll) go in later today and watch film and prepare as if I'm going to be the starter," Stanton said Tuesday morning. "It doesn't change I think any of our preparation. We're all going to approach it that way."

Coach Jim Schwartz declined to address reports that said QB Matthew Stafford suffered a Grade 3 separated right shoulder Sunday against the Jets. The injury would be slightly worse than the separation he suffered to the same shoulder in the opener that caused him to miss five games.

The Lions and Stafford are waiting for Birmingham, Ala.-based orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews to review the MRI results before determining how to proceed with treatment and rehab. A source familiar with the situation told the Free Press that there was "no other damage" believed to have occurred to Stafford's shoulder.

With backup Shaun Hill still healing from a fractured left forearm, which made him available only to hand off the ball last Sunday, Stanton could get the start.

Players spoke about Stanton as the de facto starter Tuesday and voiced their support for the 2007 second-round pick from Michigan State and Farmington Hills Harrison.

"The thing about Drew is we know Drew's a dog, in a good way," Calvin Johnson said. "He's going to go out there and get the job done, whether it might be pretty or ugly. We're going to stand by him and he's going to stand by us."
                        He's confident he can do the job

Stanton has not had the easiest road in his NFL career.

The Farmington Hills Harrison product once was thought to be the Lions' quarterback of the future after the team drafted him in the second round of the 2007 draft out of Michigan State. But Stanton's future beyond Sunday, when he could get his second NFL start when the Lions visit Buffalo, is rather hazy.

Stanton is in the final year of his contract. He has played in only nine games, he threw three interceptions last season in his first NFL start, and he made a poor decision to throw on a crucial third down Sunday against the Jets.

With Stafford's separated right shoulder likely to sideline him for Sunday's game and possibly the season, and Hill still healing from a fractured left forearm, the starting job this week appears to be Stanton's, even though he didn't count out the gritty Hill.

"Knowing the type of person that Shaun is," Stanton said Tuesday, "he's probably going to do everything in his power to get back and play."

Stanton did prove to be capable when he entered the game against the New York Giants late in the second quarter after Hill suffered his arm injury. Stanton was 19-for-34 and passed for 222 yards, including an 87-yard touchdown to Calvin Johnson.

Stanton said he was preparing to be the starter this week and was confident in his ability to lead the offense.

" Very confident," Stanton said. "I think that I draw from the strengths of what we do in our (quarterback) room. I've said many times that this is the best quarterback room that I've been around. We depend on each other and we rely on each other for a lot of different things.

"But I think the confidence that comes out of that room is a direct effect of the preparation that we put in throughout the week. We know the weapons we have on offense. It's our job to get the ball in their hands and allow them to make the plays."

The Lions have a high-octane offense with playmakers like Johnson, Nate Burleson, tight end Brandon Pettigrew and running back Jahvid Best. Their 25.4-point average ranks seventh in the NFL. But most of that comes from the passing offense, which ranks eighth with 247.8 yards per game. The rushing offense ranks 30th.

The question will be whether Stanton, a mobile quarterback with a career completion percentage of 52.9%, can power the passing attack against the Bills, whose passing defense ranks sixth.

"We know what Drew can do," right tackle Gosder Cherilus said. "He has a very strong arm and he can run the ball, too. It's our job to execute and make Drew look good and do whatever we can to give 110%. If it's time for Drew to run, then let Drew be Drew."

If Stanton gets the start, the work will begin with today's practice when the starting quarterback gets the bulk of the snaps. Even when Stafford returned two weeks ago from his initial shoulder injury, he was a little rusty.

Johnson said receivers get used to each quarterback in practice throughout the season, but he still expected some adjustment period with Stanton. "It might be a little rust to knock off come Wednesday, but as we get it going, things will be smoothing out," Johnson said.

Stanton is in the final year of his contract. A start Sunday would help him increase his value as well as provide him with an opportunity to show what he can do.

"Yeah, definitely," Stanton said. "To be able to get out there and play is why you put all the hard work in. ... All this stuff that we do is in pursuit of that time that you get to get out there and have the chance to operate an offense. You continue to prep and get ready and when that test comes on Sunday, you want to be prepared for it."

BACK TO SCHOOL: Stanton, Johnson, Cherilus and safety Louis Delmas visited Vandenberg Elementary in Redford to promote physical fitness and present the school with a $10,000 check on behalf of the Lions and the NFL. Principal Syndee Malek said the money would help provide playground and gym equipment.

Last edited by TFM_Dale; 11-10-2010, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

al harris is a dolphin, not bad chef.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

al harris is a dolphin, not bad chef.
                            I really was surprised that he was released, and even more astounded that he went unclaimed by all 32 teams.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

didn't he have a 2.5 mill contract? that mighta kept peeps away

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

didn't he have a 2.5 mill contract? that mighta kept peeps away
                                The Dolphins are not required to pay his full deal here, because he cleared waivers. If they signed him before that, they would then need to pick up the tab. In any event, he was only signed for a 1 year offer.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...