Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Nobody else watching this game tonight? Or did you all fall asleep after that snoozefest of a third quarter?

Two field goals, one for each team. Not much else going on

At the end of three....

Seahawks 10
    Sheep 6
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

The 2010 NFL season SUCKED!

Mediocre teams became more despicable and quality teams became more grandiose. Not much middle gound, surprises or enjoyment. Seeing Josh McDufus completely dismantle the Broncos in lieu of his super-ego was a painful experience; Wade McDonald's pretty much doing the same to the Cowboys...well..who likes the Cowboys? The tops such as Brady continue to impress and lows such as Farve continued to innervate. I'm never one to bitch about how over-paid most of these jackass players are because there isn't too many people who can do what they do every Sunday but when it snows and the temperature starts to drop quit the bitchin and get out there and play! What else...T.O. tried to open his mouth but seeing there's not much press interest in him in Cincinnati he took the high road and shut off his ridiculous pouting. Arizona, San Fran, Buffalo (I already mention Denver, right?) self-destructed beyond all hope for 2011 but since there is talk of a lock-out for the 2011 season none of may matter. R.I.P. N.F.L.

Look for the Pats to win the Bowl in 2011.

Comment

• VanHalener
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Didn't see your game, but I did watch the Redskins lose from a good seat at Fed Ex Field tonight. The up side...cold beer, good friends, hot chicks everywhere, great parking lot BBQ

The down side...The Skins just blow chunks.

~Sure could use a little new Van Halen to ease the pain right about now~
        ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Nobody else watching this game tonight? Or did you all fall asleep after that snoozefest of a third quarter?
          I was actually listening to it on the radio on the way home and even the announcers can't seem to stay awake through this game.

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Great News For Us Packer's Fans.
            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
              I was actually listening to it on the radio on the way home and even the announcers can't seem to stay awake through this game.
              I actually just dozed off for a couple minutes myself. 2 minutes to go, and it looks like the Seahawks are gonna win this, but they have to do better next week. They go early on Saturday against the Saints, and that's not gonna be easy.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Just One More Thing.
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Unbelievable...... promising touchdown in the first drive of the game ends up as the ONLY touchdown of the game by either team. Nothing but field goals and missed opportunities after that.

Final score:

Seahawks 16
                  Sheep 6

It's a win and it gets them the NFC West championship with an unbelievable 7-9 record. "First team with a losing record to win a division title".

An ugly win, by those standards was still a win. The Seahawks have 6 days to remember how to be a championship team, because this shit ain't gonna fly against the Saints.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Unbelievable...... promising touchdown in the first drive of the game ends up as the ONLY touchdown of the game by either team. Nothing but field goals and missed opportunities after that.

Final score:

Seahawks 16
                    Sheep 6

It's a win and it gets them the NFC West championship with an unbelievable 7-9 record. "First team with a losing record to win a division title".

An ugly win, by those standards was still a win. The Seahawks have 6 days to remember how to be a championship team, because this shit ain't gonna fly against the Saints.
                    There's gotta be some sort of by-law that can nullify a division championship if the record is sub-.500, and give the extra playoff slot to an at-large team...especially when you have teams with three more wins that aren't getting in.

Freakin' Tampa...beat the Saints today...and freakin' rolled Seattle last week is sitting at home after going 10-6 this season, coming back from a 3-13 season.

Fuck the Giants...they don't count...
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                      There's gotta be some sort of by-law that can nullify a division championship if the record is sub-.500, and give the extra playoff slot to an at-large team...especially when you have teams with three more wins that aren't getting in.

Freakin' Tampa...beat the Saints today...and freakin' rolled Seattle last week is sitting at home after going 10-6 this season, coming back from a 3-13 season.

Fuck the Giants...they don't count...
                      If - by some miracle from Christ Himself - this is the year that the Seahawks manage to make it all the way to a Super Bowl title, then I would expect a lot of people screaming for exactly that. I honestly don't expect that to happen of course (as much as I would love to see it) but then, I didn't expect them to take the division either.

They sucked, but the rest of the division sucked more. I have a suspicion that the reason they were scheduled to play the defending Super Bowl champions in the first round of the playoffs, is the NFL's way of saying, "OK, you're in the playoffs, but we're gonna do all we can to make sure you don't stick around long".
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

If - by some miracle from Christ Himself - this is the year that the Seahawks manage to make it all the way to a Super Bowl title, then I would expect a lot of people screaming for exactly that. I honestly don't expect that to happen of course (as much as I would love to see it) but then, I didn't expect them to take the division either.

They sucked, but the rest of the division sucked more. I have a suspicion that the reason they were scheduled to play the defending Super Bowl champions in the first round of the playoffs, is the NFL's way of saying, "OK, you're in the playoffs, but we're gonna do all we can to make sure you don't stick around long".
                        Actually, I think it's quite the opposite. If they win the Super Bowl...what a story...

They won't...

but what a story...
                        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Here's a copy of an email I received this morning from Commissioner Goodell, courtesy of the NFL.com web site.

Thanks and a Look Ahead

With one of the most exciting regular seasons now completed and the playoffs about to begin, let me first thank you and all NFL fans for your incredible support. Many fans have been asking me where we stand on signing a new collective bargaining agreement with the players union. Let me update you and be clear at the outset:

I know we can and will reach an agreement.

My goal as Commissioner now is to help our teams and players find a solution that is fair to everyone and ensures that football becomes more popular, accessible, and fun. We want the next decade to be the best yet for our fans, and I’m ready to work day and night to make that happen.

We've come a long way. Compare where we are today with 10 years ago. From player accountability to player safety, more and better television coverage, upgrading the in-stadium experience, innovations like the RedZone channel, the Draft in prime time and playing the Pro Bowl before the Super Bowl, we are focused on doing what’s best for the players, teams, and fans. My priority is and always will be the game and the fans who love our game.

The NFL is great because fans care deeply about it. Economic conditions, however, have changed dramatically inside and outside the NFL since 2006 when we negotiated the last CBA. A 10 percent unemployment rate hurts us all. Fans have limited budgets and rightly want the most for their money. I get it.

Yes, NFL players deserve to be paid well. Unfortunately, economic realities are forcing everyone to make tough choices and the NFL is no different.

These are not easy negotiations, but the outcome can be positive. If both sides give a little, everyone, including fans, will get a lot and the game will improve through innovation.

Even in difficult economic times, a new CBA presents us with the opportunity to secure the future of our game. You may ask how will the NFL look under this vision?

A significant change would be to resolve fan complaints about preseason by modifying our 20-game format. Fans tell us they don’t like the quality of the preseason games, and we’re listening. An enhanced season of 18 regular season and two preseason games would not add a single game for the players collectively, but would give fans more meaningful, high-quality football.

Our emphasis on player health and safety is absolutely essential to the future of our game. We are strictly enforcing rules that protect players from unnecessarily dangerous play, especially involving hits to the head. We are changing the “play through it” culture to a “player-first” culture to ensure that if a player has a head injury, he doesn’t play again until his health is certain. We are also addressing the potential wear-and-tear on players in the way they train in-season and off-season.

It’s not just the health of players that concerns us. We must ensure the health of the league. That includes a new system that properly compensates proven veterans and retired players by shifting some of the outrageous sums paid to many unproven rookies. Earlier this year, Sports Illustrated published a list of the 50 highest-paid American athletes that included five 2009 NFL rookies. Every other athlete on the list was a proven veteran. In 2009, NFL clubs contracted $1.2 billion to 256 drafted rookies with $585 million guaranteed before they had stepped on an NFL field.

Don’t get me wrong: top draft choices will continue to be highly paid. All we’re asking for is a return to common sense in paying our rookies. Other leagues have done this and we can too.

These improvements and more will lead to better football, plain and simple. A forward looking CBA that is fair to players and clubs will lead to a great future for the NFL and our fans.

My job is to represent the game — the fans, teams, players, coaches and business partners. Protecting the integrity of the game and ensuring it thrives is a responsibility I take very seriously.

This is about more than a labor agreement. It’s about the future of the NFL. We have to improve and will be relentless in our quest. The commitment to our fans is to make the NFL experience even better in the years ahead. With a responsible CBA, we will fulfill that vision.

Happy New Year and enjoy the playoffs.

– Roger Goodell

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fifth element
                            Commando
                            • Nov 2010

ChefK is buds w/ the Commish...we'll have to keep that one in mind...:wink:
                            “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Bob_R
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I think of it as an anomaly that the 'Hawks won the division with an under .500 record. It's the first time it has happened and only twice (1985 Browns, 2008 Chargers) has a team with a .500 record won the division.

What they should do is this. If a wild-card team has a better record than a division winner the wild card team hosts the game.
                              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

The good news of a sub .500 team winning the division is we aren't hearing rumblings of expansion. Thank God. As watered down as the league is now, we don't need any more teams. Fuck, I can't remember about 2-3 teams from the list now.

"Dude, you catch the Panthers-Jaguars game last night?"

"Who?"
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...