• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    I'm way off?

So...Super Teams are good for the league?

Seriously...Slavery...what in the fuck are you talking about? .
    Well, perhaps I could have used a different term

Still, I think it hypocritical to ask something of a pro athlete that would have you suing your employer if it ever happened to you.

I long for the days of old school loyalty to one's team as much as anyone. I think the player's new attempts to organize their own teams is as much a product of poor leadership of the league and its owners as it is their self-serving agenda.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

He's gone to the Knicks, supposedly official....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Definitely official. Good riddance.

Comment

• ace diamond
          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
          Should have clarified, everyone but the Nets feel they have a shot lol. The Nets owner just wants to flash some cash around by trading for and signing a big name.
          don't forget about the clippers, dale.
          Originally posted by hideyoursheep
          When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
          "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I am all for team loyalty and building a winner. But who on earth would want to wish that life sentence for Blake Griffen to the Clippers?

Well Blake, after your un-ending tens and tens of thousands of practice and dedication to your craft, you win...an eternity with perennial bottom feeders - The Clippers!!!!

What a tale of mismanagement for that franchise. The fact that they are in a huge market is the only reason they have survived.

In the NHL Bettman wouldn't let Blackberry founder and billionaire buy a team but sees fit to let a known shady character 'Boots' Del Biaggio buy into Nashville.

The owners should have to meet certain criteria and effective management to be part of the league before we critsize the players for wanting to be part of a winner working within the boundaries of the CBA
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Did I not slam Stern for being a market whore?

Owners are always douchebags...it's their nature...but you know what...they own the fucking team...more power to them.

When a player takes everyone for a ride...and when I say everyone...I'm talking owner, media...and especially the fans (you know...the ones that fill the owners pockets so that the owner can then fill the players pockets)...I could give a shit about loopholes in the CBA.

That's the fucking problem with this country to begin with. I'm so fucking sick of people saying shit like that. "Well, that's the way the rules fall...fuck whether or not it's right...it's moral...or it's fucking worthwhile..."

I'm not saying that the players shouldn't be able to choose where they want to go. I'm not saying that there couldn't be super teams. What I'm saying is...if you want a fucking league that is sustainable for 30 teams...this can't happen. Should the players want it? Well...according to you...they should because it makes them viable NBA contender. Good luck winning an NBA title when there's a lockout because of all this bullshit. Good luck winning an NBA title when the league starts becoming impossible to sustain because decent players roll to big market teams asap.

Fuck it though...it's the rules.

So let me clarify...

I can't stand professional athletes...their owners...and especially fucking ESPN...who in reality...is the entity that fucking pushes and propagates this shit.

Props to the Nuggets...for doing what the Cavs didn't...and acquiring a shitload for their superstar...

Of course...LeBron screwed the Cavs...so they couldn't even make a deal...and announced after free agency was essentially over...

fuck...and double-fuck...

but hey...it's okay with the CBA...so more power to him...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Donald Sterling...

Oh hell...where to even start...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

How bad are the Cavs? Sterling actually robbed the Cavs...for Ron Harper in that Danny Ferry trade...

Comment

• ace diamond
                    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    Donald Sterling...

Oh hell...where to even start...
                    oh let me count the ways........
                    Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

We want the same things, but disagree on how to get there.

I think the key is the CBA, which is why I keep going back to it. Take as long as it takes to get it done right. Put the incentives where they do the most good...with the strength of the league as a whole is addressed. The key is buy-in from the big market owners. Not sure how you do that.

You can structure a deal that does a better job of making it harder to circumvent the rules and create better parity. I don't want a team back in Vancouver under the current rules.

I think the NBA is set for a decade of futility without drastic change.

I don't think there is a person on the planet who thinks of Lebron as as they used to before this debacle. That is his legacy. No matter what he does from here on in, that is what he will be remembered for.

At the end of the day you have to look at yourself in the mirror. I don't think he likes what he sees
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Remember...the owners agreeing on the CBA is only half the battle...

Do you think the players union will agree to any such thing?

I hope these fuckers get locked out...for two fucking season...and when they come back...I hope they get less fans than the fucking ABA...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

I do believe the "Franchise Tag" could cure some of this hopping around...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

The Nuggets appear to be ready to deal Danilo Gallinari...

The Cavs are in the mix...but what the fuck are they going to deal for this kid...their exception? What a fucking waste that would be...and why the fuck would Denver want Mo Williams or fucking Antawn Jamison?

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

That's what I was saying, it would stifle this sort of nonsense in the very least. Oh well, our long national nightmare is over, and at last this "Melo-drama" can be put to rest as he and the Knicks are free to fade into obscurity. And fuck Isiah Thomas, once and for all. If I hear one more report on ESPN about him "masterminding" this deal, I'll shoot the tv set.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                                That's what I was saying, it would stifle this sort of nonsense in the very least. Oh well, our long national nightmare is over, and at last this "Melo-drama" can be put to rest as he and the Knicks are free to fade into obscurity. And fuck Isiah Thomas, once and for all. If I hear one more report on ESPN about him "masterminding" this deal, I'll shoot the tv set.
                                yeah craig...that was a good thought on your part...

What's Florida International's record this year? I'm guessing shitty...

Comment

Working...