MLB 2014 Season thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourthcoming

Originally posted by qikgts
    Right on the money. Who knows how many more WS they could have won.

Looks like Nova may be headed to the DL. On his way back to NY today to check his sore shoulder. Did you hear about Pineda's DUI? I think he also has Pavano disease.

Almost forgot, how bout Clemens making a start Saturday?
    Either the league has figured out Nova or he's hurt cuz he hasn't done much since the all star break. Pineda.......jeez.....he's like a cross between Pavano and Jeff Weaver.....and that ain't good. Clemens.....now that's funny. I hope the Yankees don't go anywhere near that guy.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Watch out for the Rays....that team always finishies strong and they're doing it again this year.

Comment

• qikgts
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

Looks like everyone should watch the Red Sox, uhmmm Dodgers instead!!!
        You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• qikgts
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2012

Holy Joba/Robertson fail Batman... That bullpen is a mess...

Comment

• fourthcoming

The bullpen hasn't been the problem this year....I don't know what the hell happened!!!! My girlfriend and I were high 5'ing and jumping around the living room and then 5 minutes later Baltimore's hitting moonshots! Why our pitchers insist on throwing hittable pitches with 1-2 counts I'll never figure out. I'm heading down to Baltimore this weekend.....going Sunday to watch the immortal Freddy Garcia pitch. First trip to Camden....very psyched....but come on Yankees....please don't make this a lost weekend!!! What do you think the boss would be doing right now if he were still alive? LMAO.....losing like this to Showalter.....he's be going absolutely bonkers.

Comment

• qikgts
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fourthcoming
              The bullpen hasn't been the problem this year....
              That's generally been true, but not the case as of late. As a whole they haven't been playing good ball.

If The Boss was around Cashman would have been fired and Girardi and Rothschild would have been looking for work long ago too. Hell, he may have found a way to channel Billy back!

At least last night was a step in the right direction with A Rod doing a little something and Russell Martin has been pretty hot too. Not a bad outing for Hughes either.

Comment

• qikgts
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2012

Forgot to add it looks like Nova may be the starter on Sunday. Immortality is overrated! lol

Comment

• mh5150
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                  The bullpen hasn't been the problem this year....I don't know what the hell happened!!!! My girlfriend and I were high 5'ing and jumping around the living room and then 5 minutes later Baltimore's hitting moonshots! Why our pitchers insist on throwing hittable pitches with 1-2 counts I'll never figure out. I'm heading down to Baltimore this weekend.....going Sunday to watch the immortal Freddy Garcia pitch. First trip to Camden....very psyched....but come on Yankees....please don't make this a lost weekend!!! What do you think the boss would be doing right now if he were still alive? LMAO.....losing like this to Showalter.....he's be going absolutely bonkers.
                  Gotta go to Pickles pub. Right across street fro The Yard.

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by mh5150
                    Gotta go to Pickles pub. Right across street fro The Yard.
                    Thanks.....I just got back late Monday night. I never even saw this post until this morning. Baltimore is a good time.....I don't know why everyone dogs it and sayss...."be careful....it's a bad area". I had a great time there. Camden Yards is a friggin jewel of a park. I was lucky enough to be at Sunday's 13-3 Yankee win. Good times in the inner harbor. Had the sickest view of the park from my room at the Hilton. Can't wait to go back next year. Saw alot of purple jerseys yesterday for the Ravens game.....good sports town. Even saw Michael Phelps give some half ass speech down by the harbor where they were honoring Maryland's olympians.
                    Last edited by Guest; 09-11-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Bob_R
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• fourthcoming

Buck foston

Comment

• motherchicken
                          • Nov 2009

During MNF last night I caught a quick glimse at the bar that runs along the bottom on the screen that shows scores and sports news. It said something about Clemens possibly pitching a game in the majors this week. Can't find anything on the net to verify.
                          I wonder if that center who cost the Raiders the game last night caught hell from his teammates.

Comment

• fourthcoming

He was the back up center and I don't think he cost the Raiders the game. Oakland sucks. Worst thing they ever did was get Carson Palmer. They had a good thing going before Jay Campbell got hurt. By the way, this is a baseball thread so I'll shut up now. Just wanted to give props to Camden Yards one more time.....they play really good tunes there.....Hot For Teacher, Mean Street, Even head Generation X's version of Gimme Some Truth. Yanks just lost to Boston. I hate to say it but the Yankees aren't winning shit this year. Time to really start getting younger and trim the fat. Swisher....bye bye.....Grandy.....bye bye.....we are stuck with A-Rod....nobody's taking that contract. Andruw Jones....bye bye. Ibanez.....bye bye. I'm not even sure it's the greatest idea in the world signing Cano to a longterm deal worth 25 mil a yr. Let's start building a team that sees alot of pitches, takes walks, singles, doubles.....can't always live by the 3 run home run....doesn't work that way come playoff time. I want the type of players....and they don't need to be all stars at every friggin position, that the Yankees had when they were building in '93....'94.....On base percentage guys. Where's Stick Michael when you need him?

Comment

• qikgts
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2012

Looks like Pettitte will start Tuesday! Bigger note, those Yankees won 2 in a row!!!!

Comment

• qikgts
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2012

Tick tock!!! The end is getting near!!!

Comment

Working...