Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Green Manalishi
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2010

I completely agree , any new expansion in the MLB playoffs should still be a best of 5 series at the least .
    Last nights game , controversy and all , had my stomache in total knots .
    It was much closer than the final score and easily could have gone either way .
    Gotta say this though - the Braves pretty much beat themselves with those three awful and costly errors .
    Not a nice way for Chipper Jones to go out . At least he went out swinging in a post season game .
    Congradulations to my St. Louis Cardinals . I've been a fan since 1968 when I was 5 and I have lived
    and died with every swing of the bat , every out , and every win or loss no matter how big or small .
    Regardless , just play a hard nine . Go Cards ! 12 in '12 !

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

You know what, fuck it! Drop this whole wild card system altogether and allow the division with with the best record in each league to have a first-round bye.

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by qikgts
        Ok, Harold Reynolds broke down that infield fly play and showed why the umpires got it right. I'll tell ya, I've seen a lot of ballgames and I can't ever remember seeing a play like that get called an IF but he showed an example from earlier this year. It was almost a carbon copy. Maybe I never noticed it because the ball was always caught.
        I dunno..I have never seen that called so late...if you are so sure its routine for the infielder, then you should call him out well before they did.

Comment

• mh5150
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Fairwrning
          I dunno..I have never seen that called so late...if you are so sure its routine for the infielder, then you should call him out well before they did.
          By rule the ump is not allowed to call it until the ball reaches its apex( highest point) and sees the infielder is under control.

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Thats just it..the ball was 8' from the ground when the ump made the call..well past its highest point

Comment

• mh5150
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Fairwrning
              Thats just it..the ball was 8' from the ground when the ump made the call..well past its highest point
              Harold Reynolds from MLB network explained it perfect the nite it happened . I didnt think it was the right call until i seen that. They showed the ump looking at the ball then look at the SS then he made call. 100% correct
              Gravity is a bitch

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Im just glad it wasnt called against the Os..I would be pissed.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Monsieur Martin!!! Petitte tonight. Playoffs are a different animal. I'm worried about Soriano's ability to close a big game.....but I'm glad it was Jim Johnson proving how different the playoff are last night.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

When is A-rod going to stop trying to work a walk? He should be embarrassed that a guy who barely hit .200 was the game hero. I can't wait for his time to end.

Comment

• fourthcoming

His bat speed is completely gone.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

He renegotiated for his mega millions, got it, left his wife and kids to fuck hos and celebrities, admitted to 3 years of steroid use and no longer actually gives a shit about his personal stats as they all have * after them. Swish will be gone next year because of team salary reduction. Total shame.

Comment

• fourthcoming

I like Swish.....but I'll survive losing him if we keep Ichiro for another 2 yrs.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I could go with that, too. I think the Damon/Swisher type goofy attitude needs to be present in that clubhouse, though.

Comment

• fourthcoming

I agree.....the Yankees were too corporate a few years back in the clubhouse.....now the stands are too corporate but that's another story. Damon and Swish were good for the clubhouse. I like Swish alot. He had great at bats last night. He still needs to prove himself in the playoffs so hopefully for his sake he does. I think this guy Ichiro still has alot left in the tank. I wouldn't mind seeing Swish back but if he thinks he's getting Jason Werth money then I'm afraid he's gone.

Comment

• qikgts
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                                His bat speed is completely gone.
                                I agree. He really looks like shit.

Since he's been back he's got no pop. Also, anything off speed on the inside half he's bailing. He sees the outside half ok, not that that's all peaches and cream, he just doesn't swing at those. Not to make excuses but I almost wonder if he's having vision problems.

Wait a second, I know what the vision problems are from; it's from him looking at all those zero's in the stats when he's hitting with runners in scoring position. Those make me feel like I'm not seeing clearly too...
                                You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

Working...