• BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Oh fuck yeah! sweeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!

Comment

• qikgts
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

Pretty epic series. I would have liked to see it end different but still.

If I heard it right, I think that was the first time since the 70's that a Yankee team was swept in a 7 game series. I believe it was also the first time since the 20's that the same team eliminated the Bombers (not that were in this one) from the post season in back to back years.

Good luck Tigers! Rep the AL!
      You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

I would have preferred Yankees, but then, if someone else defeats them, I am fine with that. They won enough times.Won't cry if they miss out on a world series.

I would rather see one of the old-school clubs win it though. Boston, Detroit.....you know...one of those teams that has not moved from city to city....has been in the same place for....say...100 fucking years, lol.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

What's better than the Yanks being swept in October? gAy-Rod being benched, then striking out in the last game and then being swept in October...

Comment

• fourthcoming

Gmen winning another Super bowl is better......Seriously.....Go Tigers. I'll root for them to beat the Cards. Yankees embarrassed themselves. Time to start thinking about rebuilding for the future pronto. Do not make the same mistake with Cano and sign him to a 10 yr deal like they did with Aroid. Trade granderson next year before the contract expires, do not re-sign swisher....he's a gutless puke, and if by some grace of God they can get rid of Alexis Rodriguez......do it. We need a different caliber of players. Too many Yankee fans out there who don't know jack about baseball and only discovered them after 1996. Baseball is not all about home runs. Stop trying to find guys who's swing is "tailor made for the short porch".....it only fucks up their swing and prevents them from hitting to all fields. Just look at Cano and texiera......those guys used to hit to all fields now all they do is try to pull the ball.....Granderson too.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Yep. O's Tigers series would have actually been fun to watch. I couldn't agree more about how they can't let Cano chicken wing them into a big dumb contract. With any luck at all, perhaps this could signal the end to the A-Rod years earlier than expected.

Big Blue.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Well the A's at least tried, so I'll give them an A for effort. The Yankiees looked like they didn't give a fuck. Hopefully every team will think twice before giving a player an A-rod sized contract.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Basically player salaries have jumped the shark. Along with ticket prices.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2010

Congrats to the S. F. Giants ! They beat my Cardinals fair and square . The Me Wise Magic dried up . Sure was fun , though .
                    I wish the Giants well . If they go ahead and win the World Series it will take the sting outta losing . I'll just consider it conceding to the new Champ . Cards and Giants have locked horns many times in the post season . Guess it was their turn .

As for the Tigers . I respect the hell outta Jim Leyland . He's a good baseball guy , a friend of Tony LaRussa's and he was a scout for the Cardinals after his reign in Pittsburgh ended .

Gonna be a good one . Too close to call . Once it gets past Verlander vs. the N. L. Champs who are on a mighty roll it's anybody's guess .
                    May the best team actually win fair and square .

Comment

• fourthcoming

It is true what they say. St. Louis Cardinals fans are the most polite baseball fans in the game.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                        It is true what they say. St. Louis Cardinals fans are the most polite baseball fans in the game.
                        Sometimes you just gotta tip your cap .

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                          Well the A's at least tried, so I'll give them an A for effort. The Yankiees looked like they didn't give a fuck. Hopefully every team will think twice before giving a player an A-rod sized contract.
                          Every team does (for the most part)...except the fucking Yankees...fuck them...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

A Miami Clinic Supplies Drugs to Sports' Biggest Names

See also: "The A Rod Files: Every Mention of the Yankees Slugger in Tony Bosch's Records"
                            Comments (73) By Tim Elfrink Thursday, Jan 31 2013
                            8518297.87.jpg

Open the neat spreadsheet and scroll past the listing of local developers, prominent attorneys, and personal trainers. You'll find a lengthy list of nicknames: Mostro, Al Capone, El Cacique, Samurai, Yukon, Mohamad, Felix Cat, and D.R.

Read further and you'll find more than a dozen other baseball pros, from former University of Miami ace Cesar Carrillo to Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal to Washington Nationals star Gio Gonzalez. Notable coaches are there too, including UM baseball conditioning guru Jimmy Goins.

The names are all included in an extraordinary batch of records from Biogenesis, an anti-aging clinic tucked into a two-story office building just a hard line drive's distance from the UM campus. They were given to New Times by an employee who worked at Biogenesis before it closed last month and its owner abruptly disappeared. The records are clear in describing the firm's real business: selling performance-enhancing drugs, from human growth hormone (HGH) to testosterone to anabolic steroids.

Interviews with six customers and two former employees corroborate the tale told by the patient files, the payment records, and the handwritten notebooks kept by the clinic's chief, 49-year-old Anthony Bosch.

Bosch's history with steroids also adds credence to the paperwork. The son of a prominent Coral Gables physician named Pedro Publio Bosch, he was connected with banned substances when slugger Manny Ramirez was suspended for violating Major League Baseball's drug policy in 2009. At the time, MLB confirmed the Drug Enforcement Administration was probing the father and son for allegedly providing Ramirez with HCG, a compound often used at the tail end of steroid cycles.

The Bosches were never charged with a crime. Both Pedro and Anthony Bosch failed to respond to a hand-delivered letter and then, reached on their cell phones, declined to speak with New Times. The nine athletes and one coach named in this article didn't respond to emails and phone calls seeking comment, but when New Times began asking questions last week, sources leaked information to the New York Daily News and ESPN to soften the blow.

MLB issued this statement responding to questions about the Bosches: "We are always extremely disappointed to learn of potential links between players and the use of performance-enhancing substances and have been active in the issues that have emerged in South Florida... [B]anned substances... have no place in our game."

Taken as a whole, New Times' three-month investigation into Biogenesis adds fuel to the raging national debate over the role of steroids and HGH in sports. It follows an embarrassing Hall of Fame election that saw no steroid-era stars enshrined and comes just weeks after cycling star Lance Armstrong described to the Oprah Network his own chemical cheating. Now, as baseball teams head to spring training under a tougher new policy, the Biogenesis records affirm that the war on doping has been as futile as the War on Drugs.

"In general, almost every drug these records describe coming from this clinic is well-known in the world of illegal doping," says Dr. Gary Wadler, a past chairman of World Anti-Doping Agency's Prohibited List and Methods Sub-Committee, after listening to a description of the records.

The story of how Anthony Bosch built the East Coast version of BALCO — the notorious California lab that provided baseball greats such as Jason Giambi and Barry Bonds with steroids — doesn't just shine a harsh light on America's drug-addled pro sports. It also makes clear that federal crackdowns have done little to police anti-aging clinics, which earn millions annually from average citizens wanting to look younger and from elite athletes seeking an edge.

"Anti-aging clinics contend their services are legal because they are treating aging as a disease. Therefore, they'll tell you, testosterone is a medical necessity for aging adults, as is human growth hormone in some cases," says Shaun Assael, author of Steroid Nation, a book about the history of performance-enhancing drugs in competition. "But that's an argument that's already been litigated in sports."

(After publication, Alex Rodriguez and Gio Gonzalez denied use of performance-enhancing drugs and involvement with Biogenesis.)

Link: Miami New Times

Comment

• Bob_R
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                              A-Rod......this moron's name is coming up AGAIN as being linked to some South beach company that produces HGH and other performance enhancing drugs. Just go away already Alex......hopefully the Yankees have seen the last of this clown.
                              You said it bro. I hope he never plays another game for the Yankees again. I understood in 2009. Now this would just make him an all out pathological liar.
                              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bob_R
                                You said it bro. I hope he never plays another game for the Yankees again. I understood in 2009. Now this would just make him an all out pathological liar.
                                What drove me nuts in '09 was his soulless press conference. He looked like a kid making a poor attempt to explain to his angry Dad why he got sent to the office. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "I was young and stupid". The dude was a seasoned veteran of the game by the time he hit Texas. He was stupid alright, but not young. I hope he chokes on his fucking money.

Comment

Working...