X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
    Umpires got it right and Joe Torre himself has said so . Crazy play , victorious outcome . I hope like hell that Allen Craig is O-kay , God bless him . My nerves are frazzled . Up 2 - 1 but this is far from over . Go Cards damnitt !

Yup great finish. We all want to hate the umpire but none of us could have called this any different if we were him.
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• qikgts
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

The play last night might go down in history just ahead of this one...

Last edited by qikgts; 10-27-2013, 10:54 AM.
      You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Buckner comes to mind as a most memorable world series play..or this one

Comment

• qikgts
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Fairwrning
          Buckner comes to mind as a most memorable world series play..or this one
          That was a dinger for the ages... Like "The Natural".
          You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by qikgts
            That was a dinger for the ages... Like "The Natural".
            The dude could barely walk to the batters box..amazing

Comment

• Green Manalishi
              Head Fluffer
              • Jul 2010

Umpire Don Denkenger badly blowing the call at first base . Cards vs. KC Royals Game # 6 in the '85 World Series . That was simply the very worst missed call ever . He admitted that he blew the call and the other umpires said it was obvious . Cards manager Whitey Herzog , in hindsight , said that he should have pulled his entire team off the field right there and then in protest and gone straight to the commissioner who was present and request a immediate conference with the umpires . Still makes me sick to this day .

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                Head Fluffer
                • Jul 2010

The late - great Jack Buck simultaneously made one of his greatest call ever during that play " I don't believe what I just saw ! " Cool stuff....

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2010

Cards - Sox all knotted up again . This has been one major nerve wrecking World Series . First pitch just about 3 and 1/2 hours away . Go Cards damnitt !

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Baseball is so boring. The World Series is like watching Jesus fart on a marshmallow.

Let's see: a bunch of FA T, overpaid ringers knows as "da Sox" dick-licking ZZ Top and the other team is made up of the best players of losing teams on the National League rooster bought out of their original contracts. Who leads the series? Who cares?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

You really are the angriest pot smoker that I'm aware exists. Are you alright?

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Yeah. Doesn't change how dull baseball is. Hit a ball run aroused a base or two make millions of dollars doing so. Fucking retarded. It's like golf - only more minorities are involved.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jul 2010

BoSox up 3 - 2 and heading back to Fenway Park for the final two . Cards have no wiggle room . Sending the brilliant rookie Michael Wacha to the mound . Hopefully he can still throw some magic . This has been one tight series . Red Sox haven't won a World Series in Fenway Park since 1918 . Last time the Cardinals won a World Series on the road was at Fenway Park in 1967 . Hopefully the Cards will stop shooting themselves in the foot with lack of offense . It starts about this time tomorrow night . Go Cards damnitt !

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Throwing away from Big Papi! LAME!!

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2010

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox for winning the World Series fair and square . Their opponent , the National League champion St. Louis Cardinals , never bothered to show up .
                              This was one topsey- turvey World Series . Both teams played pretty lousy , the BoSox were a little less lousy . Neither team resembled the juggernauts they were in the regular season or in the playoffs for that matter . Uncharacteristically low team batting averages , sloppy play , and multiple errors nagged both teams . If both teams had showed up and played to their potential this would have been one humdinger of a Series . As of this moment , I would not doubt it if both teams re-match in the 2014 Series . They do meet August 5th. , 6th. , and 7th. at Busch Stadium for interleague play during the regular season . I will be there .

p.s. The Cards have played in 10 World Series in my lifetime alone and are 5 Series wins ( '64 , '67 , '82 , '06 , and '11 ) and 5 Series losses ( '68 , '85 , '87 , '04 , and now '13 ) Most baseball fans are fortunate to #1 - have a team , #2 - that team play in a postseason , and # 3 - win just one World Series . I feel very , very blessed to be a St. Louis Cardinals fan .

p.s. 5 long months till opening day 2014 . Cheers !
                              Last edited by Green Manalishi; 11-01-2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Bob_R
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I knew Robinson Cano would just go to the highest bidder. I applaud the Yanks for not giving that lunatic a 10 year deal.
                                Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

Working...