ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Woo-hoo!

Comment

• tojoro
      Head Fluffer
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by qikgts
      Arod = out for the next 162 games. I guess he'll be available for the post season. lol
      Nope, suspension is all of 2014:

Alex Rodriguez will be suspended for 162 games and the 2014 postseason, a reduction from the original 211-game suspension, but the length is a clear victory for Major League Baseball.

WHAT IT MEANS: For A-Rod, a further tarnished legacy and the chance he will never play in the big leagues again. He will miss a year of action and will try to return at 39 after two hip surgeries. Given all the fighting between him and the Yankees, it is uncertain they would even take him back.

For the Yankees, they will save $25 million this year for a player they didn't really want around anyway. For MLB, it's a big win, even though it appears MLB was able to nail A-Rod only on the drug charges, not the obstruction.

Alex Rodriguez will be suspended for 162 games and the 2014 postseason, a reduction from the original 211-game suspension, but the length is a clear victory for Major League Baseball.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

After watching the 60 minutes spot on this mess last night, I can honestly say I feel good about hating A-Rod's guts. He clearly was in cahoots with this seedy, slimey Bosch character, who had no idea, apparently, that the interviewer would paint him as every bit a scumbag as his client. He had absolutely no clue what hit him when he was asked "how could you say you love the game and do this?"

Farewell A-Fuck. No more shall you ruin my sport, let alone, my team.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          After watching the 60 minutes spot on this mess last night, I can honestly say I feel good about hating A-Rod's guts. He clearly was in cahoots with this seedy, slimey Bosch character, who had no idea, apparently, that the interviewer would paint him as every bit a scumbag as his client. He had absolutely no clue what hit him when he was asked "how could you say you love the game and do this?"

Farewell A-Fuck. No more shall you ruin my sport, let alone, my team.
          ARoid should have just manned up and admitted his guilt, long ago. He is a douche.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

What's really F'ed is that, while he was supposedly coming clean about his usage during his years with Texas, he was continuing on right under everybody's noses. He probably thought he was going to slide by forever with Bosch's tricks to passing the piss test.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Look up narcissism in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of A-Rod.
              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Sometimes I really regret buying his soul.
                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Zing!
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2011

Farewell A-Fuck. No more shall you ruin my sport,.
                  Yeah!

We'll leave that to the other 75% of cheaters that haven't been caught yet.

Sorry Bridge - couldn't resist...
                  My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

You're probably right. Oh well. There's always my back up sport. Men's synchronized swimming.

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

I thought posting here WAS your backup sport?

:confused:

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

You're probably right. Oh well. There's always my back up sport. Men's synchronized swimming.
                        At least you're not a foot fairy fan!

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

A-Rod will keep on appealing...even this most recent decision, because his whole stance will be that the results of this arbitration had nothing to do with any specific tests that showed up positive for PEDs, and he will profess that he was the victim of a 'witch hunt' and convicted on non-medical evidence. Now his legal team is making an appeal to the federal court system. Why not? A-Rod wants to be vindicated. Clearly he was using PEDs, and was lying about it, so it's no big deal to keep lying about it even now after the cat is out of the bag.

As to if an eventual denial of appeals will result in the Yankees not having to pay out the remainder of his contract I'm not sure of. They should just dismiss him regardless if they are contractually able to at this time (i.e. if they still have to pay him off first), or simply put out a statement saying A-Rod will never take the field in a Yankees uniform again if that's possible for them to do so (again, I don't know if this is possible for the team to do until all of A-Rod's appeals are exhausted re: players union stipulations, etc.) and at least get this whole mess cleared from their decks beyond just next season's suspension.

A-Rod has been pretty smart with his money, and has a lot of real estate investments that generate an estimated $20 to 30 million per year and aren't dependent on A-Rod being a star athlete to continue doing so. Thus, A-Rod would be wise to just lay low / fade away, but I suppose it's not in his nature to do so.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Terry
                            A-Rod would be wise to just lay low / fade away, but I suppose it's not in his nature to do so.
                            Oh hell no - you KNOW he'll eventually be faking romance and lying about his feelings on Celebrity Bachelor, cross-training heavies on The Biggest Loser, and greedily beating out single moms and stay-at-home dads for the million dollar prize on Survivor to add to his bank account. He will never allow His Majesty to pander to the masses playing lowly Bush League ball like Canseco. His Highness's ego must be well fed at all times. In front of a camera is the only recourse for such a monumental ego of unsurpassed magnitude.

Comment

• qikgts
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2012

A big ass check to Tanaka will be written by a Steinbrenner before the weeks out.
                              You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• qikgts
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2012

I can smell pine tar, rosin and fresh cut grass (if the wind is blowing just right lol)... We all know what that means!
                                You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

Working...