X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
    Look, I don't follow football. But the name PENN will be recalled with this attached to it.

The Same difference between Ole Miss and Southern Miss, most people will only recall Miss and thus Mississippi.
    Stop...you're embarrassing yourself! You made one bad argument, VB VH Fan smacked you down for it, and now you try to follow it up with this ridiculous argument.

You're basically saying, hypothetically, that a scandal at UCLA would make all of California and it's colleges look bad , is that it?
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I think it proves rabid Penn State fans care more about their college football than boy rape. Oh my. They riot because their enabling coach got fired. They should just rename the school a Catholic name and say business as usual.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
        Stop...you're embarrassing yourself! You made one bad argument, VB VH Fan smacked you down for it, and now you try to follow it up with this ridiculous argument.

You're basically saying, hypothetically, that a scandal at UCLA would make all of California and it's colleges look bad , is that it?
        oskaloosa will never be the same....

my sister went to school there
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Doubtless there have been instances in other universities where players themselves have either date-raped someone, drove drunk or something equally egregious and the matters have been hushed up or 'handled' within the confines of the school administration...I mean, fair enough, sodomizing little boys is about as despicable a crime as anything, but these uni athletic programs have become so central to some of these schools financially that the fear of even a whiff of a scandal makes people behave irrationally.

The sad part, beyond the awful thing Sandusky did, is that had the academic/athletic staff just done the right thing and called the police (the LOCAL police, not the campus cops) from the get-go and held a press conference, the whole matter would have been behind them by now.

The deed is terrible enough here, but the lies and covering up are, to me, equally shameful. Those who knew about it and did little more than inform their superiors within the university are accomplices to the crime in my eyes. The priorities of those who wonder what will become of the Penn athletic program as a result of this...I mean, really? The rape and sodomizing of a minor, and the complete systemic failure of how it was subsequently handled by university officials, eclipses such trivial things as 'Joe Pa's' legacy. Some clueless fuckers clearly need to get a grip re: the importance of sports vs. things that really matter.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• jacksmar
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
              Shut the fuck up.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                Shut the fuck up.
                Why should he? It's an absolutely valid point. Saying "PENN" as a generality, besides being completely incorrect, is unfair to the entire institution of the University of Pennsylvania.

It's not BBB's fault that Blaze is simply ignorant of the difference....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Probably not. I just love telling copy & paste man to shit the fuck up.

As for No Neck Joe, I'm starting to believe he walk away from this clean unless a criminal charge is filed against him this week. Most likely that won't happen.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Probably not. I just love telling copy & paste man to shit the fuck up.

As for No Neck Joe, I'm starting to believe he walk away from this clean unless a criminal charge is filed against him this week. Most likely that won't happen.
                    And again you focus solely on Paterno....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

He knew...and did nothing.

Comment

• Blaze
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                        sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                          sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Terry
                            Doubtless there have been instances in other universities where players themselves have either date-raped someone, drove drunk or something equally egregious and the matters have been hushed up or 'handled' within the confines of the school administration...I mean, fair enough, sodomizing little boys is about as despicable a crime as anything, but these uni athletic programs have become so central to some of these schools financially that the fear of even a whiff of a scandal makes people behave irrationally.

The sad part, beyond the awful thing Sandusky did, is that had the academic/athletic staff just done the right thing and called the police (the LOCAL police, not the campus cops) from the get-go and held a press conference, the whole matter would have been behind them by now.

The deed is terrible enough here, but the lies and covering up are, to me, equally shameful. Those who knew about it and did little more than inform their superiors within the university are accomplices to the crime in my eyes. The priorities of those who wonder what will become of the Penn athletic program as a result of this...I mean, really? The rape and sodomizing of a minor, and the complete systemic failure of how it was subsequently handled by university officials, eclipses such trivial things as 'Joe Pa's' legacy. Some clueless fuckers clearly need to get a grip re: the importance of sports vs. things that really matter.
                            Ummmm.... Be sure and say Penn State. because Noooooo one would only say Penn...
                            The reputation of the other college might be damaged. Lord help us, with a moment of silence, if the Pennsylvania state university's new motto went meme:
                            Pennsylvania - the Pedophilia's Paradise State University.
                            Last edited by Blaze; 11-13-2011, 11:54 PM. Reason: & bingo had a name.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I wonder if they served Jesus Juice in the Penn State locker room? Here. Have this wine cooler. Oh Jesus made and drank wine and it tastes just like sweet soda pop.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

He knew...and did nothing.
                                And I'm not disputing that, at all. But so were other prominent people at PSU....

Comment

Working...