This article sums up everything that's wrong with NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motherchicken
    • Nov 2009

Nascar isn't a racist sport. It's a rural sport. Rural areas where they don't have noise ordinances. It's a loud sport. Rural areas where land is plentiful. You can't race in a vacant city lot. Rural areas where people have big yards to keep their race cars and parts cars. That's the breeding grounds for Nascar fans and drivers. Who lives in rural areas? White people.
    Nobody says basketball is racist. The majority of players are black. It's a city sport. You can play basketball in a vacant lot. You don't need a big yard to keep your basketball equipment.
    It's just geography not racism.

Comment

• motherchicken
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by gbranton
      There was slated to be an American team for the 2011 season, but that whole deal fell apart. There are a few American drivers working their way up through the feeder series' as well. They all speak English, which is more than you could say for half the Indy Car drivers a few years ago.
      Indy racing isn't really much of an American sport anymore. They don't run American cars. Most of the drivers are not Americans. Why do the drivers go for Nascar? The money, the sponsor money. You see Nascar drivers in commercials everyday. How often do you see Indy car drivers on tv?

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

I think one of the problems with NASCAR, IndyCar and many of the other series out there is that in the interest of "fairness" they restrict every area of car design until they are all spec cars. I remember a time when there was excitement leading up to the Indy 500, you wondered what kind of cars would be unveiled. At Indy there have been turbine cars, diesels, front and rear engined cars duking it out. Now...............well they do have different numbers on them and the parts of the cars not covered with advertising may be different colors and that's about it. Boring. Hence my interest in F1 and the 24 Hours of LeMans.

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• motherchicken
          • Nov 2009

As far as Nascar goes I'm cool with all the cars being the same except the paint. It's all about the driver and his crew. Teams come into play a little as far as set up but it's pretty much driver and crew that gets it done. Nobody goes out and laps the field 5 times like Petty did with his superior in every way cars he raced in the 60's and 70's. I also like the big pile ups in the last few laps due to so many cars racing for position right to the end. I love them green, white, checkers endings. Sometimes it comes down to the last few feet.
          Indy Cars? Who cares? Rich mans sport watched by rich people. Not too many places have saturday night minor league Indy racing.

Comment

• Frodo
            Full On Cocktard
            • Apr 2004

that is exactly what i was going to say.

Thank ou

Comment

Working...