Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

My Cowboys are gonna sign Burress..geez..they will need to install metal detectors in the locker room

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
      And that trend continues. Tannehill missed the first day of training camp here today because management still hasn't been capable of signing the guy.
      I watched the first Hard Knocks with the Dolphins....

Pretty good, although I fear it's quickly turning into the Chad Fucking Johnson show....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        I watched the first Hard Knocks with the Dolphins....

Pretty good, although I fear it's quickly turning into the Chad Fucking Johnson show....
        Yeah, he's probably looking for another gig since that VH-1 dating show of his ended. Just be glad Terrell Owens didn't get signed up by Miami, as well.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

So much for the Chad Johnson show...

Dolphins cut WR Chad Johnson

ESPN

DAVIE, Fla. -- The Miami Dolphins terminated Chad Johnson's contract about 24 hours after he was arrested in a domestic battery case involving his wife.

The six-time Pro Bowl receiver was released from jail on $2,500 bond earlier Sunday after his wife accused him of head-butting her during an argument in front of their home. Johnson was charged with simple domestic battery, a misdemeanor.

The confrontation came barely a month after Johnson married Evelyn Lozada, who is on the reality TV show "Basketball Wives." The 34-year-old Johnson had been battling for a spot on the team after a disappointing season with the New England Patriots in 2011.

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin addressed Johnson's release in a news conference Monday.

"With any type of these decisions, it was not an easy one," Philbin said. "It was not reactive nor was it based on one single incident."

He said Johnson's release was mostly about how the receiver didn't "fit" with the Dolphins.

"Again, it was more a body of evidence from June 11th forward. When he came in on June 11th, we sat down and we talked and I was very clear as to the expectations of the program. It just didn't work out," he said. "It's more about the fit; in my gut I didn't think the fit was going to be beneficial to either party moving forward, whether in the short-term or the long-term. That's really what it was all about. It wasn't about one specific thing; it just wasn't going to work."

Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby voiced his displeasure at Johnson's release in an interview with a South Florida radio station Monday.

"I hate that we didn't stand behind him," Dansby told WMEN-AM on Monday. "I know the guys in the locker room would. But the organization felt a totally different way about the situation, and they probably had more information than we know. And they had to do what they had to do."

Dansby said that by releasing Johnson, the Dolphins created a bigger distraction than what would have occurred if the receiver was still a member of the team.

"It's going to be an even bigger distraction right now, I think, because of the simple fact we let him go," Dansby told the radio station. "I think if we were going to be with the guy, if he was going to be our guy, we have to stand behind him -- even though the situation came about. He didn't get that third strike."

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

So much for the Chad Johnson show........
            Never was a fan of Ohsostinko, what is it with these guys who can't STFU and do their job?

I see Tannehill is doing some good work though.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Yeah, he's probably looking for another gig since that VH-1 dating show of his ended. Just be glad Terrell Owens didn't get signed up by Miami, as well.
              I howled in anger when Buffalo singed Owens a few years back thinking he'd be nothing but a distraction. The truth is that he was a team player that kept a low profile and is overall thought of very positively here...

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Shit, I'm torn this year! Falcons or Lions?

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                  Depends on what you are betting on..if its SB, go with Atl...Detroit would be lock for overrated shitbag team...

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                    Depends on what you are betting on..if its SB, go with Atl...Detroit would be lock for overrated shitbag team...
                    Sorry buddy, the Girls have that wrapped up every year.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                      Lions, Stafford to Calvin is unstoppable!

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                        Lions, Stafford to Calvin is unstoppable!
                        We will see, they have to face Cutler to Marshall twice this year.
                        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

These replacement refs suck big hairy, stinky balls...

Comment

• gbranton
                            Veteran
                            • Aug 2005

You know if my beloved Chicago Bears can put some pressure on opposing quarterbacks.......their offense looks more explosive than I can ever recall (including the 1985 season)..........they could.......they might........have a shot at the Su.......the Supe..........oh, damn it's just way too early to say it!

Comment

• fourthcoming

The Key for Da Bears is keeping Cutler and Forte healthy. Bears looked good before they went down last season. Let's go G-Men. I'd rather see the Bears win the division than that Ellen Degeneres look alike playing QB for the Packers.

Comment

• gbranton
                                Veteran
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                                The Key for Da Bears is keeping Cutler and Forte healthy. Bears looked good before they went down last season. Let's go G-Men. I'd rather see the Bears win the division than that Ellen Degeneres look alike playing QB for the Packers.
                                Yes, they looked solid last year, but with the addition of Brandon Marshall (who I was not initially in favor of), the emergence of Alshon Jeffrey, getting Earl Bennett back on the field, then adding Bush and Bell to the running game, they look to have real firepower.

Comment

Working...