X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
    or why don't we put all these brightest in resolving the many cancers of this earth
    You can't play geopolitics curing cancer and there is no money in curing cancer. Letting cancer exist and having half-assed very expensive cures is more profitable. If you want an answer to anything and why things are, just ask yourself who is in control and who benefits from how things are. A lot of people make a huge amount of money off of problems. That is why they are allowed to continue or they create them. Some people don't want a cure nor do they want peace.

People need to get it through their heads there are people running the show right now who could care less if you drop dead. Do you honestly think Obama, Michelle, Harry Reid, Bonehead, or most the Supreme Court justices give a ratt's ass that you die? Do you think the media cares? We have the highest suicide rate right now with soldiers and veterans and nobody is reporting it. The olympics are more important than our own servicemen. Shameful.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-04-2012, 05:27 PM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

why is jamaica always winning the 100m? men or women. I mean when you go to Jamaica (a country that I love by the way) the pace is so slow and yet they have the fastest men/women on the earth...?
      Last time I was in Jamaica everyone was eating jerked chicken, lobster, smoking weed and getting drunk on cheap rum. I joined them. Nobody was doing too much running.

Comment

• So this is love
        Veteran
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        You can't play geopolitics curing cancer and there is no money in curing cancer. Letting cancer exist and having half-assed very expensive cures is more profitable. If you want an answer to anything and why things are, just ask yourself who is in control and who benefits from how things are. A lot of people make a huge amount of money off of problems. That is why they are allowed to continue or they create them. Some people don't want a cure nor do they want peace.

People need to get it through their heads there are people running the show right now who could care less if you drop dead. Do you honestly think Obama, Michelle, Harry Reid, Bonehead, or most the Supreme Court justices give a ratt's ass that you die? Do you think the media cares? We have the highest suicide rate right now with soldiers and veterans and nobody is reporting it. The olympics are more important than our own servicemen. Shameful.
        ...and thats a shame and yes evil exist in this world...I just keep hoping for a better world in peace but I'm a dreamer...
        Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

You just got to wake up in the morning, take it one day at a time and try and have the best day possible. I kind of view it as you are an ant in this big jungle and for the most part nobody notices you. Then there's two different kinds of attention. One kind of attention wants to pamper you like a pet because for whatever reason you are special to them. Then the second and most common kind of attention is there is this big pissed off gorilla and he hates ants and he throws shit at you. So you have to figure out where the gorilla is and if he spots you and throws that big rock at you, you can make a last minute dodge and lose him. At the end of the day usually you are just happy you survived it.
          Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-04-2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

You just got to wake up in the morning, take it one day at a time and try and have the best day possible. I kind of view it as you are an ant in this big jungle and for the most part nobody notices you. Then there's two different kinds of attention. One kind of attention wants to pamper you like a pet because for whatever reason you are special to them. Then the second and most common kind of attention is there is this big pissed off gorilla and he hates ants and he throws shit at you. So you have to figure out where the gorilla is and if he spots you and throws that big rock at you, you can make a last minute dodge and lose him. At the end of the day usually you are just happy you survived it.
            personaly I had a miserable job earning me in the 6 figures for many years and i had one goal (leaving that job as soon as I could) I was working for miserable assholes that were screwing peoples and sucking bloods from their own 'ees so I did what I had to do last year and said FUCK YOU! Now I live my life with a low income but I enjoy every minute of life and my family....
            I survived those fuckers but they could have taken my life...and after I left they tried...but I had a plan and that was planning my exit.....payoff your debt and never be a slave to anyone...
            Last edited by So this is love; 08-04-2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• SunisinuS
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • May 2010

I was on a swim team for 17 years of my life.....it is nice to look back....and even if a pop song....we were once young and a Rag Tag Fugitive Fleet:

Last edited by SunisinuS; 08-04-2012, 06:28 PM. Reason: lol when all the girls look back on the bus...reminds of all the fine fine women I have known...nj.
              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

personaly I had a miserable job earning me in the 6 figures for many years and i had one goal (leaving that job as soon as I could) I was working for miserable assholes that were screwing peoples and sucking bloods from their own 'ees so I did what I had to do last year and said FUCK YOU! Now I live my life with a low income but I enjoy every minute of life and my family....
                I survived those fuckers but they could have taken my life...and after I left they tried...but I had a plan and that was planning my exit.....payoff you debt and never be a slave to anyone...
                I kind of did the same thing. I worked in the fianance industry and left it 12 years ago. I hated it but made good money. I went to work for myself and now the industry I hated working in and could see it was heading for a cliff got bailed out by the government and now they are trying to stick the losses on us people still managing to make some honest money in an outsourced world. It really pisses me off. The moral of the story is you can lose everything at anytime. Growing up one of our neighbors was a holocaust survivor and she made sure us kids perfectly knew things can change for the worst so fast if we don't stay on top of it. You have to be happy in the now. The whole thought process of I will be happy after I'm miserable for 20 years is a dumb concept. Especially after your 401K loses 40% of it's value. Most the money you were going to be happy with is gone and you wasted 20 years making it doing what you hated.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                  I was on a swim team for 17 years of my life.....it is nice to look back....and even if a pop song....we were once young and a Rag Tag Fugitive Fleet:
                  That sounds like a lot of work. I loved to swim but swim practice was early in the morning before school. I didn't want to get up that early. So I played hockey and skiied. I didn't have to get up early for those.

Comment

• So this is love
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

I kind of did the same thing. I worked in the fianance industry and left it 12 years ago. I hated it but made good money. I went to work for myself and now the industry I hated working in and could see it was heading for a cliff got bailed out by the government and now they are trying to stick the losses on us people still managing to make some honest money in an outsourced world. It really pisses me off. The moral of the story is you can lose everything at anytime. Growing up one of our neighbors was a holocaust survivor and she made sure us kids perfectly knew things can change for the worst so fast if we don't stay on top of it. You have to be happy in the now. The whole thought process of I will be happy after I'm miserable for 20 years is a dumb concept. Especially after your 401K loses 40% of it's value. Most the money you were going to be happy with is gone and you wasted 20 years making it doing what you hated.
                    what do you know...I also was in finance and this is the truth: The whole thought process of I will be happy after I'm miserable for 20 years is a dumb concept...play your cards right as this world is a jungle and everyone is here for your money..

Comment

• motherchicken
                      • Nov 2009

Anyone else think Katie Ledecky looks a little more male than female above the shoulders?

Comment

• So this is love
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by motherchicken
                        Anyone else think Katie Ledecky looks a little more male than female above the shoulders?

Like an ugly dude!

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Little Texan
                          Yeah, he finally got back in his Beijing form (or close to it) these last few races. I don't know what the deal was, but he looked absolutely terrible in that first race. He could have and should have won at least one more gold in the 200 butterfly the other night, but he got a case of the lazies at the last second and got out touched at the wall.
                          Even 'off form' or 'old' he is still the most succesful swimmer at the 2012 games. Amazing.
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            With all due respect you are completely wrong and I am totally correct.

Sampras never got beyond the semi final of the French in his whole career. He only ever won 2 Australian titles.

So in the Sampras 10 years at the top that's 18 Grand Slam titles that Murray could have won if he had been his contemporary.
                            Well, that's me told .

I just don't think Murray has the strength to win when the chips are down. If it hadn't been Sampras, it would have been someone else in the same era.

Murray has all the ability in the world and I've been impressed with the work he's done on strength/fitness. But there's just something missing. He's still got a few years, I guess, and I really hope he wins gold in both the singles and mixed doubles.
                            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                              I just read something on it , thought someone on here had posted a link but can't find it ..
                              What I got from the article is that the blades in no way replace any of the bodies abilities , they try to duplicate some of the bio mechanics of the the legs but they aren't better .
                              The US and Britain are going to totally dominate the paralympics this year due to Iraq and Afghanistan...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What's gone wrong with American long jumpers?

Comment

Working...