X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Meh.
    As long as Jon Bon Jovi gets up there, wiggles his tushy and makes the audience of aging, widening soccer moms remember how he once made their ginies tingle when they were teens, nobody's gonna give 2 shits if Sombrero is playing guitar or not.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
      I read somewhere, Bon Jovi was paying him $3 million a month.
      Sticking up for the guitarist here - Sambora co-wrote most if not all the BJ set list, is pretty vital on the backing vocals and is worth $65 million which is good 'fuck you' money but Jon BJ is worth $300 million. That's going to bug you a bit.

Imagine Roth had ended up 5 times richer than Eddie VH...

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Sticking up for the guitarist here - Sambora co-wrote most if not all the BJ set list, is pretty vital on the backing vocals and is worth $65 million which is good 'fuck you' money but Jon BJ is worth $300 million. That's going to bug you a bit.

Imagine Roth had ended up 5 times richer than Eddie VH...

Yeah, but if Sambora went out on tour with a band billed as Bon Jovi and Jon Bon Jovi wasn't the lead singer, it wouldn't exactly be filling arenas.

However, as long as Jon Bon Jovi is fronting the group, by and large I think people would still show up regardless of Sambora participating.

(Jesus, why in the fuck am I speculating on the future of a Sambora-less Bon Jovi? I didn't put this much thought into the band when they were at their peak in the late 1980s. Clearly, I am a pink slipper wearing pickle puffer).
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Terry
          Clearly, I am a pink slipper wearing pickle puffer).
          Clearly.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            I think I read the same thing. Three million bucks a month and he can't stay straight for 90 minutes a couple nites a week. What a fucking idiot.
            If you had to play Bon Jovi's music, you'd get fucking shitfaced by mid-morning too!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Buffalo Bills' Owner Ralph Wilson has died at 95

The owner of the Buffalo Bills, Ralph Wilson Jr. is dead at the age of 95.

WGR550 Radio LINK

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-25-2014, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

And ex-Bills' QB Jim Kelly's mouth cancer has returned after a period or remission and is "aggressively spreading." What a shitty local sports week...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Oh shit! They might be available now...

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, it would figure that a Jon BonJovi business plan would be similar to his music - bland and effortless.

If you're going to pursue a football team.... target the one whose owner is in his 90s. He's bound to die sooner or later. (And now he has).

Jon's from Jersey, so he should logically be trying to buy the Giants.... but the Bills are probably an easier acquisition, all things considered.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think they're a bargain, for him. There are a lot of jitters here today about the team moving. Wilson's daughter's don't want the team (rumor has it) because the death tax would hinder profits and they're not that interested. But the team is profitable in Buffalo, very profitable with almost no overhead. It might change with a new ownership group that will go into debt in all likelihood...

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

This is going to put the town on it's ear. I'm glad I'm not working in news right now.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The WGRZ broadcast was just a giant "in memoriam" for ol' Ralph. It's just a shame that this happens and Kelly's cancer has returned. Just very demoralizing at 1 Bills Dr. I suspect Mr. Wilson's health has been failing for some weeks now. It's interesting how these stories are never broken locally - but always come out on ESPN or something...

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Two zillionaire NFL owners that lived a mile apart in Grosse Pointe Shores, Michigan pass away within a couple of weeks of each other. Crazy.

Wilson bought the Bills for $25,000 and now they're worth $900 MILLION!! Nice investment!

Now Bon Jovi can buy those shitty Bills, and move them to Toronto!

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              Two zillionaire NFL owners that lived a mile apart in Grosse Pointe Shores, Michigan pass away within a couple of weeks of each other. Crazy.

Wilson bought the Bills for $25,000 and now they're worth $900 MILLION!! Nice investment!

Now Bon Jovi can buy those shitty Bills, and move them to Toronto!
                              They might hit .500 in the CFL. Should bundle them with the Girls.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                                They might hit .500 in the CFL. Should bundle them with the Girls.
                                At least they'd make the playoffs then, unlike Detroit...

Comment

Working...