Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I like to see franchises stay where they are within reason.

Look at the NBA and Seattle's team. They lose the team when they were poised to land Durant.

I think the NBA is a little more solid in terms of leadership and revenue compared to the NBA so maybe not as big a concern
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• TFM_Dale
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2009

I still do not understand the Sonics moving, they had some really good teams.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
        I have it on good authority that this commisioner will not move the Bills to Toronto or any other city...who knows if my sources are correct
        The commissioner doesn't move anything. A new owner does pending league approval and after shelling out a fuckload of money. In this case, the entire value of the team X2 would be the cost of moving the Bills for seven years. Plus, this league will be expanding. I think they want more teams, and Ontario/New York/Northern Pennsylvania can support another team in this radius. Add to that the fact that the current Toronto stadium is a pretty souless and gay way to watch NFL football with the no-tailgating regulations it starts to muddy what some thought was obvious....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

There will be teams in Toronto and Vancouver before London, IMHO. There is a small, but ardent Euro fanclub for American football. But I can't see that supporting a team...

Comment

• TFM_Dale
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2009

Canuckia makes more sense, the NFL is dieing to go international though, I dont think it is a good idea but greed is a powerful motivator.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              The commissioner doesn't move anything. A new owner does pending league approval and after shelling out a fuckload of money. In this case, the entire value of the team X2 would be the cost of moving the Bills for seven years. Plus, this league will be expanding. I think they want more teams, and Ontario/New York/Northern Pennsylvania can support another team in this radius. Add to that the fact that the current Toronto stadium is a pretty souless and gay way to watch NFL football with the no-tailgating regulations it starts to muddy what some thought was obvious....
              The commisioner has a huge say in any franchises being moved, does he not?

I agree with 100 % about Toronto=Souless
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Toronto woudl need to build a new stadium
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                  As much fun as it is to hate on Bon Jovi...the year they had Cinderella open (1987?)...your ol' pal Sada took 2 chicks to the concert. TWO!! Hell yeah!!!! Tiffany and Jodi I was so studly that night.

Never got laid but I did make out & got ass grabby with both girls.
                  Admittedly, that's the one thing Bon Jovi concerts were good for..... lots of slutty rocker chicks.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                    I still do not understand the Sonics moving, they had some really good teams.
                    Fuck Howard Schultz for betraying the fans and selling out to those right wing Oklahomo oil bastards.

That's why I can't drink Starfucks coffee to this day (not that it was all that great in the first place)
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      The commissioner doesn't move anything. A new owner does pending league approval and after shelling out a fuckload of money. .
                      Nickd, do you really think it works that way? No one is shelling out that kind of money before first knowing with certainty what the league will allow. So in that sense the commisioner moves the team.

When the Grizzlies were sold to Mr Heisly he knew he could move them to Memphis and had to present his precise plans to Mr Stern before getting approval to buy team.

When the Grizzlies were granted the expansion franchise, they had to agree to hire Stu Jackson as their GM from teh NBA head office...a move that would ultimately contribute to their demise. All of these details are laid out by each commish

Do you really think a new owner is approved before every last detail is worked out well in advance? C'mon man
                      Last edited by Romeo Delight; 04-13-2014, 05:02 PM.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...