Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Igosplut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I agree....desperation. Garciapara was real popular here, even if he wasnt happy the last year. I think this move is gonna blow up in Epsteins face......
    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

LeCroy maybe?...

Well...if Cabrera...god...he's NEVER been half the player Nomar is...

of course...Nomar is still nursing that achilles...so maybe Boston knows something we don't...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Well...if Pokey's going to play short...then they have 2 backups for Nomar...and Epstein will be assassinated...

no Cabrera will start...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Nomar seems to be playing well, for some players, but not quite like he's capable. I just figure this was the best deal they could get this close to the deadline.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Epstein...I liked the guy...until he minced a few million dollars with Arod and lost him...to the Yankees...

you don't mince words with a guy like ARod and 3 or 4 million...you just do it...

then the Yanks get him...

and he's done nothing after that...and blamed it on money...which is utterly ridiculous...

and now this...

Epstein better make the playoffs...

or it's back to fantasy for him...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

You know what though Al...that may be true...but remember...Nomah missed the first two months...and he is picking it up...

you say it's the best deal they could get...and I agree to a point...it probably was...

but...

if you are in the race...and they are...just beat the Yanks in a series...

you only deal if you can help your team...

Nomar is a stud...and is playing that way...clutch...good average...good power...defensive liability...but as he trusts his injury...he's getting better there...

you have to get something back that you can hang your hat on...

they traded a guy...a prime guy...a power-hitting SS...

for two guys mired in year long slumps...

unless they both start...and play above average...this deal is a joke...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

It is. I agree.

I think I would have kept him and then tried to kiss his ass major during the off season.

I know chasing A Rod hurt and all, but for what they got in return, they may as well have kept him.

Dave Roberts is hardly a difference maker, what do you do with him.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Dave Roberts in LA?

Speed Demon...and Bradley had been playing center anyways...

you move Green to right...so Choi can play first...Finley in center...Bradley in Left...

and you've got a pretty damn good lineup...top to bottom...

of course...you have no catcher now...and a pissed off Bradley...

I think the deal was brilliant for the Dodgers...especially if you get Johnson from Colorado...to handle the pitching staff...

now...you have no catcher...no setup guy (unless Dreifort really comes through)...but a whole lot of other guys on offense that can step it up...

I think Florida...over the long haul...got screwed...but hey...maybe not...Le Duca may pan out for them...a vet catcher did come through before!

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Where does Boston play Roberts?

They dealt prospect Henri Stanley to get him.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

What?....

jesus christ...

Well...a good guy to have on your bench...has some great speed...good pitch runner as well...

I don't know...no fucking clue...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

32 steals, but hitting like .245, and like you said, Bradley has been playing center for them when healthy.

The Dodgers got Brett Mayne, but hardly anything to get excited about there, and at 36 years old ...

Man, the Sox ... wtf ...

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Chicago has an infield now capable of hitting 100 home runs a year, if they keep Nomar.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

I still feel that Nomar will be playing short for the Angels next year...near his home...

but you can't tell me if the Cubs taste the series this year (I still don't think they will...but that staff...)...that Nomar won't try and stay...

I'm just not sure that Chicago will have the money to keep him...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Boy...it's amazing how one player can make a team look better...

but let's be honest here...do they have the backend of a pen to win it all?

it will be a null point...if those starters hold it together...what a staff...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

I still can't believe the Cubs got Nomar...and didn't lose a starter...Clement...

no...he's not a #1 guy...more of a misfortunate guy...

but he's a number 5...Clement as a number 5....

WOW...

and if Maddux continues to pitch the way he has been...this staff has freakin four #1's...

Comment

Working...