Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Yeah Al...I have to tell you man...this draft is as interesting as it gets...

It's a pot luck this year...

You get the feeling that there are 15 or so players that are an inch away from each other in talent...

We shall see...

San Diego is in an interesting boat...with Leaf blowing up...then passing on Vick for Brees...and now a chance to get Manning...

if they blow this one...they may be disbanded...unless they can somehow muster Dan Fouts back into the lineup...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

More interesting than the last couple, although they have been entertaining with the Vikes making it interesting with their first round blunders the last couple years.

I don't envy them at this point. Brees has proven to be quite ordinary and to me, they should stay right there and take Manning.

Not that his dad was a world beater, but he was smart, and Peyton has turned into a stat monster and getting closer to the big game, you can't coach pedigree.

As much as I like Rivers, and I like him better than Ben, I would stay there and take Manning no question.

Comment

• DLRismydad
        Groupie
        • Apr 2004

everyone is overlooking Miami DT Vince Wilfork. this guy is right up there with Tommie Harris as best DT in the draft.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I think Pittsburgh is either going to get Rivers or Roethlisberger...

I'd prefer Roethlisberger...but I think Marty has a fucking Woody for this guy because he reminds him of a former butt buddy...Bernie Kosar...

Fuck it then...take the kid from OHIO...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

I agree Poj, I don't think Rivers is going to last....

San Diego may very well trade out of #1 with the G-men and get Rivers at #4....

I think Big Ben is headed to the 'Burgh....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Well...this could get funny...San Diego is really jockeying for position...

if they dropped to number 4...and didn't take Gallery...they'd be insane...Gallery is the real deal....and man...you add that fucker with Tomlinson...and you've got something...but they'd get crucified for not taking a qb...

so I really think they'll trade down to number 7 with Cleveland so they can get Gallery...

putting them at number 7...

I think Pittsburgh wants Rivers bad enough that they would trade up to 6 with Detroit to get him...or have Detroit draft him...then trade for him...

it could really get interesting...I would piss my pants if fucking San Diego dealt down to 7 to get Rivers...only to have Pittsburgh steal him...

I wouldn't be upset with Ben though...

I think they figure after Gallery...the Tackles all stack up the same...from first round to third round...I think they'll address the corner situation...in round 2...which historically has been their best pick...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                Well...this could get funny...San Diego is really jockeying for position...

if they dropped to number 4...and didn't take Gallery...they'd be insane...Gallery is the real deal....and man...you add that fucker with Tomlinson...and you've got something...but they'd get crucified for not taking a qb...

so I really think they'll trade down to number 7 with Cleveland so they can get Gallery...

putting them at number 7...

I think Pittsburgh wants Rivers bad enough that they would trade up to 6 with Detroit to get him...or have Detroit draft him...then trade for him...

it could really get interesting...I would piss my pants if fucking San Diego dealt down to 7 to get Rivers...only to have Pittsburgh steal him...

I wouldn't be upset with Ben though...

I think they figure after Gallery...the Tackles all stack up the same...from first round to third round...I think they'll address the corner situation...in round 2...which historically has been their best pick...
                The rumor I read that Plaxico would come in the deal with the Steelers #11 for the #6, which would put us in good position to take RB Jackson.

Just read the Skins will bypass both Taylor and take Winslow.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

So wait...Pittsburgh is planning on trading Plax and the 11 for the 6?

Christ...

that's insane...totally insane...

you don't think they'd take Jackson if they keep that pick do you?

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I am hoping for Jackson. But I do where they are coming from where maybe he isn't worth the #6, but it can be dealt to someone looking to move up to nab Rivers or Taylor, maybe even Big Ben (easier to spell).

I don't put much stock in the rumors this close to the draft. It is so hard to tell who is telling the truth, if anyone is.

I'd do that deal though. Matching Burress with Rogers, being from the same school would create a nice tandem, pushing each other, and we could still get Jakcson at #11.

Winslow is still major possibility, and Roy Williams if he's there.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Man...I would fear that fucking Rogers/Burress tandem...

Harrington pans out...

and if Jackson works out...that's one hell of a young...and damn good combo...

PBurgh would be insane to make that deal...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

What time does the draft start anyways?

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Noon. 12 o'clock HIGH.

Today, our teams get better.

I think the trade rumore may be just that, but makes it fun.

For those of us who had to be at work today, but have internet, my bro at home is working OT on the draft.

Refresh every few minutes, players and synopsis, etc.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

im gonna go on a limb and say Dangelo hall goes sooner...like #7 to Cleveland....Browns love to draft hokies....

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

lmao...the Mannings just got booed

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Fuck the Mannings...they are the lowest on my NFL totem pole...fuck them all...

Eli and Archie whine like a fucking bitch...

and essentially force the Chargers hand...

the giants take Rivers...and are going to trade him to San Diego for fucking Manning...

horseshit...

I hope Eli and Archie...and fucking Peyton for that matter shit blood for a month...

Comment

Working...