Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eyes of the Night
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

I'm thinking those 3 pitcher slots are used for relievers in da bullpen ...

Everyone of you fuckers have SP in those slots ...

Check it, I have 3 long relievers in those slots plus my closers at RP ...

I'm thinking it's ALL about pitching from here on out ... My batting lineup is decent enough with only 2 bench guys ...

Risin', you're whoopin' Beach's ass dogg ... whutch you talkin' bout'? ...

Yo Red, you're taking names also this week as I ...

Time to see who the bottom feeders are next week eh ...

Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Yeah...I'm up 7-3...but my teams not doing shit to deserve it...I'm having a shitty week...he's having a shittier week...

but...

He has better players than I do...and one good day...and I'm toast...he's close in 4 categories...meaning...one day...and the roles are reversed...

I think his good players will capitalize...

Not feeling good about this weekend at all...

Oh well...you can't win them all...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

I'm thinking I'm not going to get a deal done with anyone...at least nothing realistic...

I guess I'll just sit and wait people out...I know I have some guys that are worth trading...I guess people will just have to gander at them before they go and make a deal...

RBW...I'm sure there's interest in Vlade...just not sure you are going to get what you might be asking for him...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• redblkwht
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I may actually lose in pitching win column..lol
          I got 3 left to his 4.
          glad your catching in eyes, Vlade is a suprestar
          id trade for a star player, not a regular player though.
          I do wonder why no ones trading though, your right.

EUAS

Comment

• Troy
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

The only thing that's keeping me in it wrning is my pitching.

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              I'm thinking I'm not going to get a deal done with anyone...at least nothing realistic...

I guess I'll just sit and wait people out...I know I have some guys that are worth trading...I guess people will just have to gander at them before they go and make a deal...

RBW...I'm sure there's interest in Vlade...just not sure you are going to get what you might be asking for him...
              Ah, ye of little faith. Deals can be done. Not talkin' to the right teams.

I know this might sound like BS coming from a cellar team like mine, but I think from what Ive read here and at the league is this is so far a more active league with moves and transactions, etc, than last year.

No one wants to make the deal that sinks them, and it still being early, people still want to trust what they drafted for the most part.

I like it. I almost always play roto style, this is the first year for the head-to-head format for me, playing 2 like this and 2 roto.

I'll have to say this thing is long from over, and who knows who in the end. I'm liking it too, and waiting on FOOTBALL.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Yeah...this is a fantastic league...I look from team to team...and there really isn't much difference...in a roto...I'd actually be curious at where we would stand...

The truth about this league is who you are playing during a cold spell...

I'm playing the best team...on paper...and in the standings...and I'm having a crappy week stat wise...it will catch up to me this week...I'm sure...but...Va is having a crappier week...so I can win this week...or have a shot at winning...even though I'd more or less lose to every other team...

That's what I like...

I love the moving and the shaking every day...there are the wicked and the frazled that make a move or two nearly every day...I couldn't do that...it would make my head spin...but...it has given me the option of pick and choose some guys to improve my team when they are dropped...

One of the best thusfar as far as free leagues go...

There are teams in the bottom 2 or 3 that will end up near the top...especially if they make the right move or to...

DLoc...hombre...where the hell are you man...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Question of the day for me...

Who do you all think is your best pick up so far of the year?

I've got a couple...

oh...and why...

Comment

• Lou

I think the two best pickups were Pat Burrell and Brian Roberts, by me. Too bad I don't have much else going for me right now.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Both great pick ups...if I wouldn't have gotten burned by Burrell...and I'm still not convinced he isn't going to revert to last years crap...I would have picked him up...

I'm still debating...Adam Dunn has been huge for me...

but no doubt about it...right now...it's a Pirate that has saved me...

Craig Wilson is my best pick up...no doubt about it...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

i think 2 names that have been huge and not mentioned are Biggio and Belliard...Ron Belliard has been solid for me and Biggio was a huge pick-up for Va......i thought about that one hard and didnt pull the srting...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

yeah Troy..i havent lost too many pitching stats this year....ill get you yet bro!

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

La Duca was a good pick-up.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

I try to look long term...I like to set my lineup early...and not have to worry about it down the stretch...be able to add folk that people are forced to drop...

I'm not a LoDuca fan...and don't see him as long term...although I have to say he has been fantastic this year...

Biggio...a gamble at best...and likely to burn out at some point...but again...a fantastic pick up...

Belliard could be interesting...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Gotta like Lou's pick up of Burell, he went with it and is paying off so far. Warning counted on Glaus bouncing back, and so far he has too. Wilson was a good pick up, no doubt.

Warf just picked up Silva of the Twins, who has 5 wins already, that could be a steal.

Comment

Working...