Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

lol ... I didn't mean mine. Ive been drinkin and smokin for a couple hours now, so hell Im cool.

Just the non-deal you and Lou had ... caused some confusion, don't want people getting gun shy.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Okay...no man...I know you aren't gun shy...

No...I know you aren't pissed...lmfao...and I don't think that Troy is either...

He just thinks he's getting taken at every corner...and I suppose I would too if I didn't follow baseball the way I do...

Troy will deal...he's an ultimate fantasy player...lmfao...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Here's the last thing I'm going to say about the proposed deal...

As I said before...I was trying to get a two for one so I could pick up Lidge...before someone saw that he was going to be the closer for Houston...

I was planning on dealing with Al...but the fucker lost power because Michigan is like the backwoods...

Troy wasn't on...Va wasn't on...Lou was on...

there was no collusion...no prior e-mails...I pmed him and said I was going to send him a deal...he said send it...I did...

he accepted...

He wasn't fire selling...I know this because we've pmed a couple of times again today about it...and he still wants to deal.

Of course nobody wants me to get Gagne...I'm in second place...

do I need a closer? not really...I've got four guys I'm perfectly content with. I'm not really sure why nobody thinks Takatsu is worth Gagne...no he has no history here in the states...but he's been lights out...ERA is under 1...and his WHIP is under 1...and the career saves leader in Japan (I know...who cares...but that's history...and he has it as a closer)

he's 3 for 3 in saves (all in the last week and a half since he's been made closer)...they traded Koch to keep him in that role...

he has 2 wins in the past month...

so essentially...his rating in the last month is 39th (and will get better as he got a save tonight)...he's exactly 20 spots lower than Gagne...and will just get better...

I also saw he needed starters...so I threw him a starter...no...not the best starter on my team...one of my bottom three for sure...but...better than nearly all his starters with the exception of Clement.

Would it have improved his team? Yes. Was it collusion or a fire sale...No. Would it have improved my team? Yes.

To me...a fair deal. I generally send deals that I would accept on the other side...and I probably would have if I were in last place...trying to wrap up an abundance of players that could help...

I really could have given a shit about Gagne...I wanted fucking Lidge...I probably would have then tried to trade Gagne...

Let's say I offered up Lidge for Gagne...I bet your ass there would be people that would veto that deal. Now...let's not mention the fact that Lidge has been...bar none...the best relief pitcher in the game this year...just didn't get saves...I've been eyeballing him all year...but fucking hate dropping players...rarely do it...and don't if I don't have to. Dude's on pace to have 170 K's as a reliever...more than 3/4's of the starters...if not more in the league...and HE WAS A FREE AGENT. If someone had been online with Lidge...I'd have been trying to deal for him...

As far as why I dumped the deal. I was pissed off...lmfao...

People aren't going to be gun shy...and I've said from the start of this league...I wasn't going to fucking let dumping go on...

believe me...don't believe me...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
          Commando
          • Mar 2003

Here's the last thing I'm going to say about the proposed deal...

As I said before...I was trying to get a two for one so I could pick up Lidge...before someone saw that he was going to be the closer for Houston...

I was planning on dealing with Al...but the fucker lost power because Michigan is like the backwoods...

Troy wasn't on...Va wasn't on...Lou was on...

there was no collusion...no prior e-mails...I pmed him and said I was going to send him a deal...he said send it...I did...

he accepted...

He wasn't fire selling...I know this because we've pmed a couple of times again today about it...and he still wants to deal.

Of course nobody wants me to get Gagne...I'm in second place...

do I need a closer? not really...I've got four guys I'm perfectly content with. I'm not really sure why nobody thinks Takatsu is worth Gagne...no he has no history here in the states...but he's been lights out...ERA is under 1...and his WHIP is under 1...and the career saves leader in Japan (I know...who cares...but that's history...and he has it as a closer)

he's 3 for 3 in saves (all in the last week and a half since he's been made closer)...they traded Koch to keep him in that role...

he has 2 wins in the past month...

so essentially...his rating in the last month is 39th (and will get better as he got a save tonight)...he's exactly 20 spots lower than Gagne...and will just get better...

I also saw he needed starters...so I threw him a starter...no...not the best starter on my team...one of my bottom three for sure...but...better than nearly all his starters with the exception of Clement.

Would it have improved his team? Yes. Was it collusion or a fire sale...No. Would it have improved my team? Yes.

To me...a fair deal. I generally send deals that I would accept on the other side...and I probably would have if I were in last place...trying to wrap up an abundance of players that could help...

I really could have given a shit about Gagne...I wanted fucking Lidge...I probably would have then tried to trade Gagne...

Let's say I offered up Lidge for Gagne...I bet your ass there would be people that would veto that deal. Now...let's not mention the fact that Lidge has been...bar none...the best relief pitcher in the game this year...just didn't get saves...I've been eyeballing him all year...but fucking hate dropping players...rarely do it...and don't if I don't have to. Dude's on pace to have 170 K's as a reliever...more than 3/4's of the starters...if not more in the league...and HE WAS A FREE AGENT. If someone had been online with Lidge...I'd have been trying to deal for him...

As far as why I dumped the deal. I was pissed off...lmfao...

People aren't going to be gun shy...and I've said from the start of this league...I wasn't going to fucking let dumping go on...

believe me...don't believe me...
          Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.
          "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

It's cool.

I offered up Bagwell and Posada for Piazza and Giambi.

I saw he had a second solid catcher and thought I would upgrade there and hope He would take Bagwell for Giambi. Giambi hitting in the .240s so thought he might.

I know Piazza playing both 1B and C is a plus though.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

He offered me up a great deal earlier in the year...a 3 for 1 I believe...going for Schilling....

My advice...give him a starter...and it might lodge out a player...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Dude needs some #1's...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

When I think about it, I seriously doubt that anyone in this league would "dump" anyway, being this situation with the site and all.

In those public leagues where you don't know anyone else, you get guys drafting a team just to see if they get a powerhouse or not, and if they don't, they scrap it.

Not worried about that here.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Well...there's been dumping in the past...and...lmfao...I've been in the mix before...

This is the first...well...our hoops league this year didn't have any...but more from disinterest...

anyways...this is the first time we've got all 10 players completely involved...probably the least involved player is DLoc (Diamond Derelicts)...but he seems to set up his team every week...

Last year's football league...I started off 10-0...and wanted to fucking go undefeated...so I went after High Life's team for an upgrade...who the fuck did I get...it was a shit deal...but nobody vetoed...so I let it go through...

lmfao...then everyone started throwing players to the other teams...so it turned out that the top five teams ended up getting some folks to help them...it was a feeding frenzy...

there were some other issues as well...but I won't go there...

But it was still a good league...but I wasn't going to go there again...

So no...there won't be any bottom feeding or firesales going on this year...

I'll fucking lock up transactions before I let that shit happen..

I can lock teams from trading and dropping...and still let people pick players off the waiver wire...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I know Lou wasn't dumping...because like I said before...we've talked today...and he's pissed because the deal didn't go through...

So I'm still going to fucking get Gagne damn it...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

I need a 2 for 1 for an outfielder....

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Lou is right about Gagne too, I have him on another team and the dude had like 1 save in like 2 and a half weeks. But he's picking it up obviously.

I added Milton to that trade offer, see what Troy thinks.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Like I said...he needs starters...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

He's looking for #1 guys...

lmfao...you don't mind me speaking for you...do you Troy...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Eric Milton off to a 9-1 so, he may not have started the season as their #1, he is so far.

I got other pitchers if he wants to counter.

Only Graves is untouchable.

Comment

Working...