Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redblkwht
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

If Ohio State offers Urban Meyer its coaching job, "I'll have a decision to make," the ex-Florida coach said, according to The Gainesville Sun.

I say he gets back in the saddle with OSU, he's ready if they are willing IMO

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by redblkwht
      http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-decision-make

I say he gets back in the saddle with OSU, he's ready if they are willing IMO
      Well, remember, Ohio State still doesn't know the punishment...of course...if Ohio State has a three year ban on bowls, or even one year, he'll be able to lie low for another year...and start bringing in his own personel...we shall see.

It looks like there's already a big time staff ready to head to Ohio State...so perhaps he's ready to delegate more...

Not sure if that's a good thing or not...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• redblkwht
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Looks like the story is picking up more steam espn & msn have stories on the front pages.

EUAS

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

PeeDee says Meyer is in

Sources say Urban Meyer will be Ohio State's next football coach, a hire that could get the Buckeyes right back on track.

Fickell was asked about this, and said "I know there's a game at noon on Saturday and my ass will be there."
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

PD is a big deal...

but the Dispatch posted it on their front page...

No fucking way the Columbus Dispatch posts that shit on their front page if it wasn't going to happen.

They'll announce it on Monday or Tuesday, and introduce him at the Duke game...on Wednesday...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• redblkwht
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Pojo, whats you opinion? Kate's pops is all in..
              If this does happen, I hope he brings more speed with him to beat the SEC.

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by redblkwht
                Pojo, whats you opinion? Kate's pops is all in..
                If this does happen, I hope he brings more speed with him to beat the SEC.
                Are you kidding me? Urban Meyer to the Buckeyes?

1. He's better than Fickell (massive understatement)

2. He's 47 and has two national titles (and considered by many to be one of the top two or three coaches in college football)

3. He immediately makes a massive recruitment statement (Ohio State just signed the #3 defensive end in the country, and #1 player out of Ohio yesterday)

It's a huge coup for Ohio State.

There's a lot of scuttlebutt about whether or not the spread can work in the big 10, and alls I have to say is...look at what it's done for elite programs in the SEC AGAINST the Big 10. I'm not talking about DickRod, who consistently got his ass handed to him with regards to recruiting...hell...

Ohio State has been running a bit of spread over the past four years with Pryor...

Love the hire, if it is indeed true....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Well...I'm not going to go out and say this is the end of the game or anything, and there's a long...long ass way to go...

but a great start...and a damn quiet big house...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Well...I'm not going to go out and say this is the end of the game or anything, and there's a long...long ass way to go...

but a great start...and a damn quiet big house...

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                      There's a lot of scuttlebutt about whether or not the spread can work in the big 10, and alls I have to say is...look at what it's done for elite programs in the SEC AGAINST the Big 10. I'm not talking about DickRod, who consistently got his ass handed to him with regards to recruiting...hell....
                      The Big Ten was the conference that made the spread more mainstream.

2000 season, Purdue knocks off TOSU, Michigan with it, and Northwestern does the same.

Urban Meyer meanwhile is watching this go on at BGSU, employs the system and the rest is history.
                      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        PD is a big deal...

but the Dispatch posted it on their front page...

No fucking way the Columbus Dispatch posts that shit on their front page if it wasn't going to happen.

They'll announce it on Monday or Tuesday, and introduce him at the Duke game...on Wednesday...
                        ESPN is saying it's a done deal...

Sources: Urban Meyer joins Ohio State

Former Florida coach Urban Meyer has taken the head coaching job at Ohio State, sources confirmed to ESPN on Monday morning.

Meyer, who led the Gators to two national championships before stepping down to spend more time with his family amid ongoing reports of health concerns, had worked as a game analyst this season for ESPN.

But he asked to be taken off his assignments for the network this weekend as reports swirled of his imminent hire with the Buckeyes.

Meyer has a 10-year record of 104-23. He has also coached Utah and Bowling Green. Sources told WKMG-TV in Orlando last week that Meyer would be introduced in coming days after agreeing to a seven-year, $40 million deal.

The Buckeyes capped their season Saturday with their first loss to Michigan in seven years, a 40-34 defeat that left them at 6-6, 3-5 in the Big Ten.

It marked the most points Michigan had scored against Ohio State since putting up 58 in 1946 and the first time since 1999 that the Buckeyes finished under .500 in conference play. Ohio State had been led by interim coach Luke Fickell after Jim Tressel was forced to resign nearly six months ago amid a tattoo-parlor scandal involving star Buckeyes quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who now plays for the Oakland Raiders.

On Saturday, Fickell tried his best to avoid questions about his future and pounded a table after one such query.

"Like I said, it's about the Ohio State-Michigan game," Fickell said. "It's been about that since last Sunday. It's going to be about that always."

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

today's rumor: Tressel to Akron U.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Unchainme
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
                            today's rumor: Tressel to Akron U.
                            Fuck Hilltop High. Go Flashes.
                            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Tressel very clearly denounced any possibility of him going to Akron...

...and as silly as this sounds with Tressel getting shitcanned for being a lying bastard...

He's not gonna lie about it (yeah...it made me laugh a little bit as well)...

In the interview, he flat out stated that he wasn't even considering the job at Akron, then, when talking about Ohio State, continued to use the term "we." I just don't see him returning to a DI Ohio school right now...if ever. More important, I don't see TRESSEL seeing himself standing on the opposing sideline of Ohio State...

He did spend some years there as a grad assistant and assistant coach though...

Now, I CAN'T see Tressel not coaching college again...but it WOULD be interesting to see where...perhaps back in D2...er...the Football Championship Subdivision...or whatever the fuck it is called now...or even at a school like Baldwin Wallace, where his dad coached and won a D3 NCAA title...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

There's a ton of talk about Mike Stoops coming to THE Ohio State as a co-defensive coordinator, but I just don't see it happening. If they'd have offered him anything officially, he'd have accepted it...unless he's looking for another head coaching job. I can't help but think that Stoops is going to return to Oklahoma, especially after the Sooners got absolutely smoked by Okie State...

Comment

Working...