Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Just look at the schedules yourself bro...I've read the same thing you have...

as far as Notre Dame...almost losing two games to crap teams...having to come back and win...

I don't think Notre Dame is anywhere near as good as people are making them out to be...

but the game was at Notre Dame...and that's a big win...no matter how good they are...

as for Texas...he absolutely was Green...but it was AT Texas...which makes it a big game...against a team that still will end up in the top ten...

both big wins for both teams...but MUCH better? Than we must have been watching 2 different teams this year...

My point is...these schedules are a lot closer than everyone is making them out to be...

as are the teams...

make sure you watch ABC Al...they are rolling a boatload of Michigan vs. OSU stuff right now...

Now...The 10 Year War...You should be getting the rivalry deal though...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I don't know about you Al...but I've got the butterflies rolling right now...

This 10 year rivalry is freakin' great...all Bo and Woody talking about the game...

this must have been in the early 80's...and Woody and Bo both know every damn play from every damn game...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Yo Al...when did Michigan stop putting stickers on their helmets for good plays...I know it's been awhile...

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Thanks man ... have had it on fucking ESPN and ESPN News.

And yeah theyre close in schedules ... but UT didn't play a tough one really either.

The vinatge game footage is awesome.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Did Notre Dame play a tough schedule that I forgot about?

I wish they'd just keep it on Schembechler and Hayes...

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              Yo Al...when did Michigan stop putting stickers on their helmets for good plays...I know it's been awhile...
              It has been ... I'm pretty sure it was before the 97 co-champ year ...

Good question, I wish they still did it.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Wow...

holy shit dude...

Schembechler...

"We went through a stretch where we were 30-2-1, and didn't play in a bowl game, because of the Big 10 and our Athletic Department. And if they think I'm ever going to forget that, they have another thing coming..."

that's when the Big 10 only sent one team to a bowl game...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

I wonder if Bo brought that tradition...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Holy Shit dude...Bo and Woody at a mutual friends house...

sitting in a living room...talking about the rivalry...

Bo

"that game took a lot out of you, and it IS more important than the Rose Bowl..."

Woody

"it's the most important game in college football."

Bo

"it's the team that did the fundamentals the best."

Woody

"if you try to score a lot of point, and play a loose game, you are going to lose 40-0."

Bo

"I've played for you, I've coached with you, and I've coached against you...when it's all said and done, the relationships that you have are the most important."

and Woody and Bo shaking hands...

wow...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Jesus...Bo had bought a 50 inch TV to watch the game...

doesn't that say it all about freakin' Schembechler...

77 years old...

probably put away a 40 year old TV set to get a 50 incher for a great game...

and he is so damn excited about a game....

and I do believe it...

that his heart probably couldn't take it...

wow...

WOW...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Oh hell yeah ... Bo used to say that winning the Big 10 and winning the Rose Bowl was what is was about, not the National Championship.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

"I had a heart attack on the Eve of my first Rose Bowl, and went home to recuperate...and the first person at my door...was Woody Hayes..."

Man, it doesn't GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Lloyd Carr fits the ole' Hayes/Schembechler mold...fire...

Tressel does in the way he coaches x's and o's...

not demeanor though...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Oh hell yeah, you know Bo probably had that same set since who knows when ... lol

Comment

• ALinChainz
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

And they did not speak during the 10 year war.

And remained best friends.

Comment

Working...