X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLRdelight!
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
    That`s the point of keeping the belt on him: to get him more over.

That`s why Angle,HBK and Undertaker never really need belts, because they`re popular enough without them.

I don`t know where Cena will go if he does lose to HBK (which I don`t think will happen).

It would be better if they turned him heel as he gets plenty of heat already and a heel champ is good for business (Flair, NWO Hogan, HHH etc.).
    that is so true. never thought of it that way

Comment

• Uga Buga
      Full On Cocktard
      • Dec 2006

So i was watching Hogan Knows Best and Hogan sign a 20 year deal with the wwe. So what i think will happen is that maybe... just maybe Trump will pick Hogan. Of course that might not be the best choose.

Comment

• monkeythe
        Foot Soldier
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Uga Buga
        So i was watching Hogan Knows Best and Hogan sign a 20 year deal with the wwe. So what i think will happen is that maybe... just maybe Trump will pick Hogan. Of course that might not be the best choose.
        Bret Hart signed a 20 year deal in 1996 and we all know how that one turned out.

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Ugh... Umaga vs. Bobby Lashley with Austin as ref?

There goes my interest in Wrestlemania.
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• DLRdelight!
            Veteran
            • Jul 2004

so whyd austin leave anyways??

Comment

• Mad_Mike
              Groupie
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DLRdelight!
              so whyd austin leave anyways??
              Because his neck is fucked up.
              And i really think that HBK will be the next WWE champ, Cena has been champion for too long.
              Last edited by Mad_Mike; 02-22-2007, 04:57 AM.
              Honey, don't stick your tongue at me unless you plan to use it...

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

wrestling died a few years ago. Im trying to stay interested in it, but "they" (WWE/TNA) make it difficult, when they insult their audience 3 times a week.

How many PPV's a month?

How much money are they stealing from you?
                "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Full Bug
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Yeah, the amount of PPV's is insane....
                  Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

I tried watching the Smackdown (I guess it was) that was filmed here in Portland recently, my daughter's friend went to it and she wanted me to record it...

Had the hardest time trying to even get into it, just found myself fast forwarding...the only highlight I could think of was seeing Piper and Dusty together in the ring, but the run-in...God, that was awful...that wasn't even a push for the younger generation, that was just pathetic and it really ruined what could have been a good bit to honor Dusty getting into the Hall of Fame.

Finally fell asleep during the main event and I never went back to watch the rest of it.

I think the problem is that the power is far too centralized. Vince basically owns everything now. The only thing to offer him any competition is TNA, and that's not much better by any stretch of imagination.

Personally, I think what should happen is that there needs to be less PPVs per month as mentioned; title reigns should be longer than a few weeks (meaning - they should be worth something again - not every damn televised event needs a title change to make it go over), and instead of having several different rosters to fill several different programs, the WWE talent roster should be divided up - one half stays with the WWE bracket (and the televised programs should be streamlined as well), and the other half?

Relaunch WCW.

New network, different cast of characters, new programs, reintroduce the old belts and hold tournaments of the old WWE talent and whatever other new talent they can bring into it, get a new roster of champions, start some new rivalries, etc. Vince can still own the whole show, but I think there should be at least some sort of 'competition' out there. As it stands, you have Vince, Jeff and the independent circuit - none of them are good sells on their own.

Some of the best wrestling memories I have came from the Monday Night Wars - new writers...new programs...I honestly think it'd work really well, actually.
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It`ll never happen.

By owning everything, Vince has killed the business.

He can`t bring in any more guys who can work from different territories because there aren`t any territories.

He`s trying to pump out ready made "superstars" from OVW, but you can`t teach a guy the experience of a few years on the road like the old days.

Also, there seems to be a lack of heels these days.

Cena V Michaels and Undertaker V Batista, two WRESTLEMANIA MAIN EVENTS, are both FACE V FACE.

How is that going to sell tickets?
                      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Used to be a time when face vs. face matches were interesting; problem with Cena vs. Michaels is that Cena needs the belt to help him get over (and even then it's a hard sell for the older audience); Shawn's career is almost over (seriously, how long would he hold it for, anyway? Long enough to hand it off to some other noob, not much longer).

Same for Batista vs. Taker. Batista has, I think, limited sellability (pretty much every wrestler I've ever heard asked on the subject says that the era of the big man squasher is pretty much over anyway), and Taker? His career is on it's last legs as well - no reason to give him the title other than to keep his WM streak unbroken and give him the chance to put somebody younger over with a belt run.

Maybe Kevin Nash is doing the booking for WWE these days...?

:p
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                          Used to be a time when face vs. face matches were interesting; problem with Cena vs. Michaels is that Cena needs the belt to help him get over (and even then it's a hard sell for the older audience); Shawn's career is almost over (seriously, how long would he hold it for, anyway? Long enough to hand it off to some other noob, not much longer).

Same for Batista vs. Taker. Batista has, I think, limited sellability (pretty much every wrestler I've ever heard asked on the subject says that the era of the big man squasher is pretty much over anyway), and Taker? His career is on it's last legs as well - no reason to give him the title other than to keep his WM streak unbroken and give him the chance to put somebody younger over with a belt run.

The way to get this Cene-HBK title match more interesting is to have Shawn turn heel.

Shawn is at his very best when he's a heel (he gave some of his best promos building up to his match with Hogan in Summerslam 05).

And I think WWE is beginning to play up on that.

On their website, they have a video segment called: Shawn Micheals - Friend or Foe? And it goes through the many times where Shawn has backstabbed his so-called friends by nailing them with Sweet Chin Music -- starting with the birth of the Heartbreak Kid when he sent Jannety into the glass during the Barber shop segment in 1992.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Full Bug
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob

God, dont even joke about such a thing....
                            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2004

i cant stand smackdown. i alwys thought raw was better

Comment

• Uga Buga
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Dec 2006

If Vince chooses himself to be the Ref, it will just make it easier to shave his head clean

Comment

Working...