Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Stone Cold Steve Austin was fucking Great again.

Cant wait to see his movie.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• SA ME WHO
      Roadie
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dan
      Stone Cold Steve Austin was fucking Great again.

Cant wait to see his movie.
      I think I may have been the only person in America to not jump on the Austin bandwagon. (Not saying all fans were jumpers, but saying I never got on board with everyone else about the guy.)

Just as I was never crazy about Hogan (other than when I was a kid an initially got into the game before WM II) and his "unbeatable" gimmick, I wasn't crazy about Austin and his "flip the bird/kick everyone's ass" gimmick. (Just as I can see why everyone hates Cena's guts. Though, to be honest, I kind of pull for the guy now. He's put in an unbeatable situation (they want him to be good, but book him in a way that everyone but the females/kiddies will hate him.) and still goes out there and does his job. The difference between his booking and that of Hogan and Austin is that everyone loved the other two.)

I love listening to Austin's interviews, he was pretty solid in the ring, from all I've read in different biographies he's a great backstage guy and will do whatever is asked, but he just never got over with me in terms of his schtick. I'd like a LITTLE reality in the product. Just because the end result is fake doesn't mean everything else about the product has to be.

Comment

• Dan
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SA ME WHO
        I think I may have been the only person in America to not jump on the Austin bandwagon. (Not saying all fans were jumpers, but saying I never got on board with everyone else about the guy.)

Just as I was never crazy about Hogan (other than when I was a kid an initially got into the game before WM II) and his "unbeatable" gimmick, I wasn't crazy about Austin and his "flip the bird/kick everyone's ass" gimmick. (Just as I can see why everyone hates Cena's guts. Though, to be honest, I kind of pull for the guy now. He's put in an unbeatable situation (they want him to be good, but book him in a way that everyone but the females/kiddies will hate him.) and still goes out there and does his job. The difference between his booking and that of Hogan and Austin is that everyone loved the other two.)

I love listening to Austin's interviews, he was pretty solid in the ring, from all I've read in different biographies he's a great backstage guy and will do whatever is asked, but he just never got over with me in terms of his schtick. I'd like a LITTLE reality in the product. Just because the end result is fake doesn't mean everything else about the product has to be.
        What? What? What?

He went from a Nobody in WCW to a Fucking huge Star in WWF/WWE.
        3:16 was just the start for him.He took the rating through the roof.Great Asset to have in a Company.

Acting in Movies? Who knows.I will see when i the movie.

Comment

• Full Bug
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Look for Carlito to be fired or sent to Heat anytime now for speaking his mind....
          =================

Carlito not cool about missing 'Mania

Ottawa Sun

DETROIT - While many of WWE's superstars are trading punch for punch, kick for kick, headlock for headlock and table for table at Wrestlemania, Carlito will be backstage watching, unhappy to be on the sidelines.

"I'm out of Wrestlemania," he says. "Apparently, they had to make space for Kane vs. Khali and Melina vs. Ashley. How can I be at Wrestlemania? If I politic and kiss ass, I should make it.

"I'm not going to cry or be bitter, there's always next year ... and I don't want to get fired.

"But they're showing disrespect by not having Ric Flair at Wrestlemania and even more disrespect by not having Carlito there."

He doesn't like the role he's been given, that of a loveable fan favourite.

"I absolutely hate being a babyface more than anything else," he says.
          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Spot the career-ending moves!
            :eek:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxU4iYgcumQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxU4iYgcumQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• SA ME WHO
              Roadie
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dan
              What? What? What?

He went from a Nobody in WCW to a Fucking huge Star in WWF/WWE.
              3:16 was just the start for him.He took the rating through the roof.Great Asset to have in a Company.

Acting in Movies? Who knows.I will see when i the movie.
              I loved Steve Austin in WCW! If they would have ridden that character as long as they could have, they might have had a shot (if for no other reason than there would have been no "Stone Cold"), but Bish probably would have turned him NWO too and driven him into the ground.... if he hadn't already done so years before.

Steve Austin, for the short time he was in, was great in ECW too. He lost to Mikey in his ECW title match, yet caused havoc and gave some great interviews.

I don't know why Vince tried to "Ringmaster" him on his entry to the WWE. Letting the reigns loose on Austin was the best decision Vince could have ever made. I loved the Austin-Bret Hart feud that ended with the double switch at WM 13. However, once he turned good, I just never was captivated with him again.

I loved his interviews, to be sure. He was good in the ring. I loved the matches. It was all the other stuff that I just couldn't support. Walking into a ring and stunning 5 people and nothing happened to him. If they want fans to believe in this fantasy world soap opera, there has to be some elements of reality in it. I just always found that aspect to be a bit too unbelievable (as I did with Hogan and do with Cena).

If we're to buy these other guys as credible, should they not win every once in a while (not only the match, but the in ring/interview stuff as well). I like Austin well enough in just about everything else. That one aspect just ruined him for me.

Comment

• Full Bug
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Check out how old Demolition looks these days, especially Ax....

Demolition -- Bill Eadie (Ax) and Barry Darsow (Smash) at the "Meet The Legends" event on Sunday, April 1, 2007 in Windsor, Ontario at the Ciociaro Club.
                Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• SA ME WHO
                  Roadie
                  • Nov 2004

Kinda cool to see what happens down the road. (Hell, at least they're both still alive! That's saying more than a lot of other wrestlers of that time.)

Bill Eadie was pretty old when he played Ax.

He was the Masked Superstar down in the southern territories (Georgia predominately, I think) in at least the late 70's, if not earlier. In the WWF, he was Super Machine before he was Ax.

Don't know a number, but I think he's getting up there (at least in comparison to other former wrestlers of that era).............I think he's maybe even older than Flair, and that's saying something!

Comment

• Full Bug
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Looks like Disco Inferno should have called himself Gambling Inferno....

Disco Inferno arrested in Georgia gambling raid

Many more details are surfacing now regarding the story Georgia Wrestling History first reported this morning about last night’s raid on the home of Dan (earlier reported on WSB Radio by Richard Sangster this morning as Walter Tyree) and Angela (also being reported as Andrea) Tyre in Roswell, in what local law enforcement officials are calling the biggest bust of any kind they have made.

According to a woman who used to baby-sit for the couple, stated that he owns a car wash and that his wife is employed with a wine distributor. The couple has two children; one is two years old and the other is not yet one.

The source said the gatherings at the Tyre home initially began simply to watch Monday Night Football games, but it escalated from there, both in size and activity. She added that her and her husband had been invited at some point, but they had declined.

It is being reported that Dan Tyre, along with Glen ‘Disco Inferno’ Gilberti (though all sources have named Gilberti among those arrested, only some have named him as being a partner to Tyre in the oversight of the gaming), were running a gaming operation out of Tyre’s home. It has not been disclosed at this time whether the children were at the residence at the time of the raid, nor does it specify their age or relation to Tyre.

It appears surveillance had been conducted for up to six months, begun after complaints from neighbors in the area of constant traffic, and people coming and going from the home. A warrant was obtained on Monday and served upon the raid, whereas a SWAT team kicked in the door to enter the home around 10:30 PM last.

Upon entry, police discovered players sitting at three gaming tables in the basement of the home. Police were said to have been on the scene for about three hours.

Twenty-seven people, including Tyre, Gilberti, and two waitresses, who had been employed to serve the players, were immediately arrested and taken away from the home in three police vans.

More than twenty vehicles were impounded and searched, turning up a reported two handguns and a bag containing what was believed to be about two hundred pills. Initial reports say the pills were suspected as being ecstasy.

Police also seized approximately $45,000 in cash, playing cards, gaming tables, and poker chips, from the home. It is being reported that the games of Texas Hold ‘Em were taking place weekly.

Players were required to pay an entry fee of $10,000, upon receiving an invitation after registering online at an unspecified website to enter the games. Of the aforementioned impounded vehicles, lined up hundreds of feet along the street where the home is located, some had license plates as far away as Mississippi and North Carolina. There were also two men who were said to have come from Savannah and Macon.

Aside from Tyre and Gilberti, names have not been released, except for Ron Gibson, who spoke with Tom Regan of WSB TV. It was speculated earlier this morning that more names of note would be disclosed, but to this point, that has not been done. Regan also mentioned an unconfirmed report of a “nationally known poker star” being involved.

It appears the winnings and losses from the games were tallied on paper. A police spokesman called it a “safe game”, explaining why so little cash was found.

Three cars – a Mercedes, an Infiniti, and a Pontiac – were reported as not being impounded, and were still in the driveway of the home this morning. A Mercedes and a Cadillac SUV, believed to be those of the residents, were reported to still be parked in the garage of the home.

When a reporter approached the door mid-morning, a middle-aged woman is said to have answered, but shut the door when the reporter identified himself. It could not be determined if that was Mrs. Tyre, or whether she has been arrested for her association.

A report early this afternoon on WSB TV, as people began bonding out of the Roswell Detention Center, included a statement from Gibson, identified by the news source as a “defendant”, where he was quoted as saying the story and the allegations were being “blown out of proportion”, and that he is “blown away” by the situation.

Tyre and Gilberti (if he indeed is found to have been Tyre’s partner in running the operation) are expected to be charged with commercial gambling, which under Georgia law is punishable by one to five years in a state prison. It is believed the remainder of the arrestees will only be charged with misdemeanors.

Comment

• rustoffa
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                      Looks like Disco Inferno should have called himself Gambling Inferno....

Disco Inferno arrested in Georgia gambling raid

Many more details are surfacing now regarding the story Georgia Wrestling History first reported this morning about last night’s raid on the home of Dan (earlier reported on WSB Radio by Richard Sangster this morning as Walter Tyree) and Angela (also being reported as Andrea) Tyre in Roswell, in what local law enforcement officials are calling the biggest bust of any kind they have made.

According to a woman who used to baby-sit for the couple, stated that he owns a car wash and that his wife is employed with a wine distributor. The couple has two children; one is two years old and the other is not yet one.

The source said the gatherings at the Tyre home initially began simply to watch Monday Night Football games, but it escalated from there, both in size and activity. She added that her and her husband had been invited at some point, but they had declined.

It is being reported that Dan Tyre, along with Glen ‘Disco Inferno’ Gilberti (though all sources have named Gilberti among those arrested, only some have named him as being a partner to Tyre in the oversight of the gaming), were running a gaming operation out of Tyre’s home. It has not been disclosed at this time whether the children were at the residence at the time of the raid, nor does it specify their age or relation to Tyre.

It appears surveillance had been conducted for up to six months, begun after complaints from neighbors in the area of constant traffic, and people coming and going from the home. A warrant was obtained on Monday and served upon the raid, whereas a SWAT team kicked in the door to enter the home around 10:30 PM last.

Upon entry, police discovered players sitting at three gaming tables in the basement of the home. Police were said to have been on the scene for about three hours.

Twenty-seven people, including Tyre, Gilberti, and two waitresses, who had been employed to serve the players, were immediately arrested and taken away from the home in three police vans.

More than twenty vehicles were impounded and searched, turning up a reported two handguns and a bag containing what was believed to be about two hundred pills. Initial reports say the pills were suspected as being ecstasy.

Police also seized approximately $45,000 in cash, playing cards, gaming tables, and poker chips, from the home. It is being reported that the games of Texas Hold ‘Em were taking place weekly.

Players were required to pay an entry fee of $10,000, upon receiving an invitation after registering online at an unspecified website to enter the games. Of the aforementioned impounded vehicles, lined up hundreds of feet along the street where the home is located, some had license plates as far away as Mississippi and North Carolina. There were also two men who were said to have come from Savannah and Macon.

Aside from Tyre and Gilberti, names have not been released, except for Ron Gibson, who spoke with Tom Regan of WSB TV. It was speculated earlier this morning that more names of note would be disclosed, but to this point, that has not been done. Regan also mentioned an unconfirmed report of a “nationally known poker star” being involved.

It appears the winnings and losses from the games were tallied on paper. A police spokesman called it a “safe game”, explaining why so little cash was found.

Three cars – a Mercedes, an Infiniti, and a Pontiac – were reported as not being impounded, and were still in the driveway of the home this morning. A Mercedes and a Cadillac SUV, believed to be those of the residents, were reported to still be parked in the garage of the home.

When a reporter approached the door mid-morning, a middle-aged woman is said to have answered, but shut the door when the reporter identified himself. It could not be determined if that was Mrs. Tyre, or whether she has been arrested for her association.

A report early this afternoon on WSB TV, as people began bonding out of the Roswell Detention Center, included a statement from Gibson, identified by the news source as a “defendant”, where he was quoted as saying the story and the allegations were being “blown out of proportion”, and that he is “blown away” by the situation.

Tyre and Gilberti (if he indeed is found to have been Tyre’s partner in running the operation) are expected to be charged with commercial gambling, which under Georgia law is punishable by one to five years in a state prison. It is believed the remainder of the arrestees will only be charged with misdemeanors.
                      Unfuckingbelievable. When I heard that story on the news this morning, I immediately thought, "why in the fuck are they busting a poker game, when motherfuckers are slinging crackrock just across 285?"

Way to go occifers...no BPV needed for that one!

This just in: Shooting at Lower Roswell Road cuntvienience store leaves 10 dead. Witnesses say the gunfire went on for an hour and a half!

Comment

• Full Bug
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

I will never understand the USA's stand on gambling, if they just regulated it like in Canada they could wipe out the debt.....
                        Canada rakes it in on stuff like Pro-Line.....

Comment

• rustoffa
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

They busted a magistrate judge @ another sting! He apparently offered the occifers' 5 grand to let him go!!

This was on Tara Blvd. "Gone With The Wind" doesn't even begin to describe this corridor of crime. They could have taken the 5 grand, and went and busted some violent mexican gangs!!!

Comment

• Full Bug
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Update on Glenn Gilberti arrest and more charges filed

Forty-Eight Hours Later, More Details Surface

There were some reports today by local outlets that showed some of the information they gave yesterday was inaccurate. However, it is not looking good for Glenn Gilberti if the charges filed bring about a conviction.

It was reported by the AJC that all but two of the twenty-seven people that were arrested Monday night had been released by noon Tuesday, leaving only Dan Tyre and Glen Gilberti in custody. It was also said that the remaining suspects who bonded out would all be charged with misdemeanors.

However, it has since been learned that only nineteen of the people arrested will receive misdemeanor charges of illegal gambling, and the remainder all face felony charges of commercial gambling. Along with Tyre and Gilberti, Jeffrey Thomas Girardi and Brian Everett Taylor, and four other people whose names have not been released, are also facing felony charges.

It was also reported Girardi is facing additional charges of drug trafficking, and Taylor has been charged with illegal possession of a firearm. Gilberti, according to WGCL is also being charged for a violation of the controlled substance act.

WXIA reported today that cocaine had been seized in the raid, in addition to the $45,000 in cash, gaming tables, poker chips, and playing cards, which were reported yesterday to have been confiscated from the home Monday night. It was not specified whether the cocaine was found in the home, or from any of the twenty-plus vehicles which had been impounded. Two handguns and a bag of what officers believed to be ecstasy were retrieved from searches of the vehicles on the scene.

Tyre and Gilberti are being called the co-operators of the weekly poker games.

All suspects still being held were scheduled to appear in court this morning, according to WXIA, but there has not been a follow up at this time.

Investigators told WGCL that players had to go online to register before receiving an invitation to the game. Then they had to put down $10,000 to get into the home where the poker game was being played. However, WXIA reported that there is “clearly there is a disagreement about the buy-in amount.”

Roswell police say that $10,000 was required, but suspects interviewed after bonding out say they don’t have that kind of money. Doug Richards of WAGA reported that Troy Gibson, one of the suspects released on bond but charged with a misdemeanor for illegal gambling, called it a friendly game, and that most of the people playing there did “not have a lot of money”.

Comment

• monkeythe
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Apr 2004

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R7IdaSlpIN8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R7IdaSlpIN8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Warrior vs Iron Sheik at a sports convention in NJ

Comment

• Dan
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by monkeythe
                                <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R7IdaSlpIN8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R7IdaSlpIN8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Warrior vs Iron Sheik at a sports convention in NJ
                                When was this?

Comment

Working...