Roth with VAI Videos

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lou

I have no problem letting idiots wallow in mp3, except when they go to trade it and pollute the community and think that's OK.

Comment

• BrownSound1
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

Anytime you use a compression format you loose quality...it's that simple.

Comment

• Lou

No it's not.

SHN and FLAC, when converted back to WAV produce an identical WAV as before. This is empirically provable using md5 checksums. You can create a checksum for the WAV before compressing to SHN or FLAC. Then when you convert it back to WAV, you can run the checksum to see if it matches. If it matches, it's the same thing.

Then again you're probably an mp3 lover so you wouldn't really know any of this.

You're wrong.

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou
          The VH fan has always done what's convenient over the years, that's for sure. Couldn't give a fuck about keeping something the highest quality possible.

In the days of tape trading, all the Fair Warning shows which ran 95-100 minutes had the encores chopped off, because people didn't want to "waste" another cassette to have Unchained and ATBL.

In the days of 74 minute CD-R's, cuts would be made to fit the show on one CD-R, so as not to "waste" another one.

In the days of mp3, total apathy set in as people simply didn't care if they spread around inferior copies. No quality control whatsoever, so the trading communty went to shit.

I got so friggin' lucky to find a couple of old schoolers who do not trade with those at vhtrading.com and have maintained their low-gen tapes over the years. Without them, it'd be a hopeless cause. But I suppose none of this means anything to you, mp3 is just great and who cares about quality as long as you get to hear it right? As long as it's convenient, that's what counts.
          Somewhere in there I detect a certain superiority complex over something trivial to me. Not because I maybe a "typical VH fan" but more so over the fact that an MP3 to me, sounds great. Its got nothing to do with "quality control" but perhaps it own popularity and reputation for being "better"? Like I said earlier the downloads take along time and Im not a patient enough person to wait the four extra days to hear a 1/billionth of a difference in quality... Im quite content with what I hear now. And you'll probably find more people who share that view.
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

I think someone "cares" TOO fucking much! We all have our own opinions, but to call me or anyone else that doesn't use bit torrent a 'fucking moron' or 'ignorant VH fan' is just plain rude.
            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by Big Troubles
              Somewhere in there I detect a certain superiority complex over something trivial to me. Not because I maybe a "typical VH fan" but more so over the fact that an MP3 to me, sounds great. Its got nothing to do with "quality control" but perhaps it own popularity and reputation for being "better"? Like I said earlier the downloads take along time and Im not a patient enough person to wait the four extra days to hear a 1/billionth of a difference in quality... Im quite content with what I hear now. And you'll probably find more people who share that view.
              Again wrong. Bit Torrent popularity is rising. LESS people are sharing that view and moving away from mp3. There are literally 100 new shows a day put up at easytree.org .

That attitude truly is idiotic. Go on a Rush, Nirvana or Led Zeppelin trading board and try to make your case that mp3 is just fine. You will be laughed at and deservedly so.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                Again wrong. Bit Torrent popularity is rising. LESS people are sharing that view and moving away from mp3. There are literally 100 new shows a day put up at easytree.org .

That attitude truly is idiotic. Go on a Rush, Nirvana or Led Zeppelin trading board and try to make your case that mp3 is just fine. You will be laughed at and deservedly so.
                Like i said BEFORE, was that I TRIED downloading the bit torrent files and I got nowhere! I gave up. Why would that be??? This does not make me an idiot.Going to a Rush, Zeppelin or Nirvana board however, would. Tell me what software I need downloaded to use and share these files so I can try again. I mean really man, you've told me NOTHING of how to download or where I can use it.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou

Go on a Rush, Nirvana or Led Zeppelin trading board and try to make your case that mp3 is just fine. You will be laughed at and deservedly so.
                  Maybe you should plead your case to the classicvanhalen.com site or even our very own Army? Not too mention ddlr.com or eddievanhalen.com.... Theres probably tonnes of "idiots" over there?

Comment

• Lou

That is absolutely, 100% right. Those idiots have fucking RUINED VH trading. I got really, really lucky and found a couple of old-schoolers who in no way, shape or form associate with those people. I hardly have to plead my case for quality to dolts like you who will never get it.

Here you go, here's your Bit Torrent information. http://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?t=311

This by the way is a Van Halen bit torrent site (regrettably all eras, but what can you do) which does not accept mp3. Membership and popularity are on the rise.

BTW guess what, DDLR hosts HARDLY any mp3 shows. It's all vines (meaning you actually send stuff through the mail).

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                      Veteran
                      • Jul 2004

Hey Lou, the hub actually has quite a few Lossless shows in SHN and FLAC... you probably have all the stuff, but you should still check it out!

Comment

• Jano
                        Commando
                        • Feb 2004

I have a DLR band show from Montreal with VAI and SHeenan,i think that 's a 1986 show!
                        little french dreamer hate those Van Hagar backstage party!!
                        http://deliajolie.spaces.live.com/

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                          That is absolutely, 100% right. Those idiots have fucking RUINED VH trading. I got really, really lucky and found a couple of old-schoolers who in no way, shape or form associate with those people. I hardly have to plead my case for quality to dolts like you who will never get it.

Here you go, here's your Bit Torrent information. http://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?t=311

This by the way is a Van Halen bit torrent site (regrettably all eras, but what can you do) which does not accept mp3. Membership and popularity are on the rise.

BTW guess what, DDLR hosts HARDLY any mp3 shows. It's all vines (meaning you actually send stuff through the mail).
                          the link you gave me was broken. Bringing my belief further into the direction that since mp3's are easily accessible, they will remain the #1 file share. That doesn't make me a dolt. In fact, I think that isolates you more than me. When download programs like Kazaa + or WinMx or MusicMatch or Windows Media Player STILL use software designed soley for wav and or mp3, it makes you wonder who the idiots really are. I would LOVE to hear Classic Van Halen boots real clean and flawless with a torrent file, but I CANT download them. Why am I the idiot???

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

Don't be stuck in stupid gear here Lou, Im simply asking you for help on downloading and you are brushing me off. If you want to keep your Club House for Bit Torrent users to no more than 12, that's fine. But don't tell me and anyone who'll listen that we're idiots for enjoying what we can from VH music- :confused:

So I guess what my daughter really meant to write on her Christmas list was a "Bit Torrent" player and not an "MP3" player then?

Comment

• Lou

The link works fine. I just clicked on it again. Maybe you have to be registered at jamtothis.com to see it, but it's definitely working for me.

Oh no! The horror of isolating myself from the SHIT that's on Kazaa and WinMX. Damn I'm really the one missing out on all those mp3s. What another dumb-ass statement on your end.

I'm not brushing you off. Here are websites that do Bit Torrenting:

Don't say those links don't work either

Comment

• Big Troubles
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                                The link works fine. I just clicked on it again. Maybe you have to be registered at jamtothis.com to see it, but it's definitely working for me.

Oh no! The horror of isolating myself from the SHIT that's on Kazaa and WinMX. Damn I'm really the one missing out on all those mp3s. What another dumb-ass statement on your end.

I'm not brushing you off. Here are websites that do Bit Torrenting:

Don't say those links don't work either
                                No I wont say those ones are not working, because they are. But the first link STILL isn't. Either way, I spent the morning browsing links and FAQ's about the bit torrent files, and you are right. They are the BEST in quality. Gauranteed. The part you are not mentioning, is that the average download, for cable modem users, is 4 hours. Why so long? Well that's the other part you are not mentioning. The files are 500 to 600 MB. Gee, not too big for A song....

I stick with what takes under 4 hours to download, thanks.

Comment

Working...