Roth with VAI Videos

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lou

Yup, convenience over quality. You know you can just let it run in the background while you're doing other things, right? You know you can put it on overnight and let it download?

If 4 hours is a long time for you, for really good music, you need serious help.

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou
      Yup, convenience over quality. You know you can just let it run in the background while you're doing other things, right? You know you can put it on overnight and let it download?

If 4 hours is a long time for you, for really good music, you need serious help.
      LOL Oh ok. You "win" man. Overnight, background downloading....? Nah. 2 mins for a quality, that to ME, is just fine, is the direction I tend to lead into. Why would I need serious help? Im enjoying my music, albeit MP3's, but enjoying it. Give it a rest. Sheesh. Your last name isn't Torrent is it??? I read back a page, and your post that includes "typical ignorant Van Halen fan" kinda sticks to me a bit. I guess because Im not sure what a typical ignorant Van Halen fan is...? Is that someone who was a Hagar fan first, then a Classic Van Halen band wagon jumper-on or...is that something else altogether? :confused:
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Lou

I'll clarify and say typical ignorant VH music collector. You are undoubtedly one of those.

What you do not, and will never understand, is that trading mp3-sourced shows (meaning you burn the mp3 back to an audio CD as if nothing happened to the quality) puts the real thing out of commission, it makes it extinct. When people then go to trade for shows, all this mp3-sourced SHIT is in the community and you can't get back the real thing anymore.

Your attitude towards that is who cares, and I should just accept that. Hence you are a typical ignorant VH music collector.

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou
          I'll clarify and say typical ignorant VH music collector. You are undoubtedly one of those.

What you do not, and will never understand, is that trading mp3-sourced shows (meaning you burn the mp3 back to an audio CD as if nothing happened to the quality) puts the real thing out of commission, it makes it extinct. When people then go to trade for shows, all this mp3-sourced SHIT is in the community and you can't get back the real thing anymore.

Your attitude towards that is who cares, and I should just accept that. Hence you are a typical ignorant VH music collector.
          I dont "COLLECT" Van Halen music for TRADING. I download what is available through here,(and classicvanhalen.com) music from CVH, that I have not heard before.. I dont trade that with anyone. Never have. The only thing Ive traded were VHS and DVD's of boots. But thanks for ASSuming anything about me at all. If you are searching for a 'Holy Grail' of CVH, God bless and may peace be with you on your long journey. Just don't preach along the way-
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

BTW, I care very much about the quality of my fav rock n roll band and solo artist, but without the means and software available to download, then convert 600 MB songs onto a hard-drive, then onto a CDR, after which, if Im lucky will only take overnight to do- theres really not alot I can do, but enjoy what IS available to me, without being pointed at, or called ignorant. You enjoy your VH, and I'll enjoy mine.

Comment

• Lou

Why don't you sign up for vines on DDLR.com . There have been plenty of those and none are mp3-sourced.

Comment

• Lou

As of this second, the poll is 17-2 against mp3. It says 16-3, but a user said that he accidentally voted in favor of mp3 when he meant to vote against it.

I hope this link works for you.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                  http://www.vhtrading.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6351

As of this second, the poll is 17-2 against mp3. It says 16-3, but a user said that he accidentally voted in favor of mp3 when he meant to vote against it.

I hope this link works for you.
                  a small based poll on a small website is just not enough of a kick in the pants for me. LOL In fact, I would need to see a restructure on the downloading community across the web before Id consider it worth it. Most of the music I have is bought and paid for. (I know Im a sucker) But Im of the belief, that if I didn't buy it, then I dont own it. The other boots I own are, Dave's rarities from this site, After Zero and Zero from www.classicvanhalen.com and that's it. But like I said before, its not that I dont think MP3's are a shitty source, I believe they are. Its the accessibility.

This might sound dumb, but what is a "vine"?

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

The live downloads from this site: London Invasion or Diver Down tours etc... I downloaded a few songs from each and the quality to me is shit, so i never bothered getting the rest. More crowd noise, and feedback than music to me....

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

RE: Roth with VAI Videos...

here's one!

Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Another 2cents from me:

I think that Lou's rage over mp3's comes from trades that he had made in the past that ended up being mp3 SHIT.

Follow me on this one...

Let's say you have a .wav file. You take that .wav file and encode it to mp3 because its 1998 and no-one knew any better. That mp3 file that you just made will probably sound just fine on your computer, and on the higher bit-rate settings will be almost un-noticably different in sound.

Here is the problem: people were taking those mp3 files, converting them BACK into .wav so that they could burn them with their new-fangled cd-burners because it was 1999 and we had the technology.

Imagine that a wet sponge represents a .wav file. When you convert to mp3 you essentially 'squeeze' the water (data) out of the sponge (file). Converting back to .wav is re-shaping the sponge, but minus the water. When THIS happens, the difference in audio quality is obvious and unmistakable.

That's why Lou is so pissed.

Its not hard to learn. Quality is worth the wait.
                        Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                          The live downloads from this site: London Invasion or Diver Down tours etc... I downloaded a few songs from each and the quality to me is shit, so i never bothered getting the rest. More crowd noise, and feedback than music to me....
                          Oh so you're picky about quality in the analog source but not picky about it being converted to mp3. Amazing.

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
                            Another 2cents from me:

I think that Lou's rage over mp3's comes from trades that he had made in the past that ended up being mp3 SHIT.

Follow me on this one...

Let's say you have a .wav file. You take that .wav file and encode it to mp3 because its 1998 and no-one knew any better. That mp3 file that you just made will probably sound just fine on your computer, and on the higher bit-rate settings will be almost un-noticably different in sound.

Here is the problem: people were taking those mp3 files, converting them BACK into .wav so that they could burn them with their new-fangled cd-burners because it was 1999 and we had the technology.

Imagine that a wet sponge represents a .wav file. When you convert to mp3 you essentially 'squeeze' the water (data) out of the sponge (file). Converting back to .wav is re-shaping the sponge, but minus the water. When THIS happens, the difference in audio quality is obvious and unmistakable.

That's why Lou is so pissed.

Its not hard to learn. Quality is worth the wait.
                            And then it goes beyond that...the original thing becomes extinct. Now nobody can access it because the spurious copy has spread like wildfire. Oh but it's important to punish those interested in the REAL thing like me so that fucking morons like BigTroubles can hear the show at degraded quality. "Oh, I'm just glad to hear it!!!" FUCK THAT SHIT. That's a stupid attitude to have when you're talking about a an absolutely PREVENTABLE downgrade in quality. It's not the '80s where tape trading was it unless you had a DAT recorder, and it was inevitable that your copy would be a little worse off than the person you got it from.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I know. There is a better way, and there really is no excuse for people to bash and ignore it...except that they are lazy.

Comment

• Classic
                                Groupie
                                • Sep 2004

In around 2001-2002 about 70-80% of VH/DLR CD's I received in trades proved to be mp3'd. Especially those which had been "restored" by trying to cut out the clicks between the tracks were a pain in the ass. Certain people were also thinking they were very clever altering the track durations by few seconds so that the clicks were "hidden"...

Comment

Working...