• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomballin
    Commando
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    It's getting there bro...

I believe Cox should have the filters applied today, the modem's on the way, I have my wireless USB adapter here, and I'll grab the wireless router either Friday or Saturday....
    I have Cox at home, and commercial fiber optics at work. Home runs around 4,700 Kbps down and work around 9,000. Obviously doesn't take long to download monster files at those speeds.

If I could make a suggestion, the USB setup is much slower and more of a pain in the ass, imo, than using a Nic Card with Cox. I mean Cox is a pain in the ass for most to begin with. Second, USB uses your CPU resources, a Nic Card does not.

As to wireless, it's like guitars, some people like them some don't. I don't use wireless for several reasons, but if you have the new Cox up/download speeds, wireless won’t hurt your speeds too bad.

Tried several different modums with Cox HSI, and the Motorola SurfBoard SB5100 clearly worked the best and was the most stable. Of course, I’m running that with a router and hard firewall, along with a soft firewall and multi-tier web filtering setup, to keep the nasties “on the other side of the fence”

There is about a half dozen tweaks you can do to “dial-in” your Cox connection and increase its stability and performance. If you would like any help, just let me know.

Not trying to butt in, just sharing….Peace

Comment

• usfest
      Full On Cocktard
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
      i have part of the interview too, and there is no mention of an EP.
      I am not so sure this was from an MTV interview - I seem to recall this being some backstage question in the press room. Someone asked about future plans and there was a mention about songs and an album. But this I do not have and have only seen it in clips - those clips you see when the news airs and they show "backstage at the [Awards show name here]" and it is some answer to a question in the press room.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by tomballin
        I have Cox at home, and commercial fiber optics at work. Home runs around 4,700 Kbps down and work around 9,000. Obviously doesn't take long to download monster files at those speeds.

If I could make a suggestion, the USB setup is much slower and more of a pain in the ass, imo, than using a Nic Card with Cox. I mean Cox is a pain in the ass for most to begin with. Second, USB uses your CPU resources, a Nic Card does not.

As to wireless, it's like guitars, some people like them some don't. I don't use wireless for several reasons, but if you have the new Cox up/download speeds, wireless won’t hurt your speeds too bad.

Tried several different modums with Cox HSI, and the Motorola SurfBoard SB5100 clearly worked the best and was the most stable. Of course, I’m running that with a router and hard firewall, along with a soft firewall and multi-tier web filtering setup, to keep the nasties “on the other side of the fence”

There is about a half dozen tweaks you can do to “dial-in” your Cox connection and increase its stability and performance. If you would like any help, just let me know.

Not trying to butt in, just sharing….Peace
        OK, we're up and running on high-speed....

Hey, it only took me 7 years to get off of dial-up.....

Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the clips....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Carmine
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Is somebody posting the vid clip???

Comment

• tomballin
            Commando
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
            Is somebody posting the vid clip???

Yes, give me a little time to get it, re-master it, and shoot it to Sarge.

Comment

• Carmine
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Cool Tomba...I had this saved but got clicky one day and wiped it out!

Roth on...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

You gotta give me your email address first buddy....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• guitarboy5150
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Dec 2004

what is the eta on the vid...cant wait to see it

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Lemme see if I can read Tomballin's mind....

Nope, can't do it.....

He sends me his email address, I send him the vid's, he cleans them up and posts them, it's that simple....

Comment

• tomballin
                      Commando
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      Lemme see if I can read Tomballin's mind....

Nope, can't do it.....

He sends me his email address, I send him the vid's, he cleans them up and posts them, it's that simple....
                      Sorry, my "road" laptop, I have been doing all this video stuff on was down for 6 weeks, and I decided to totally rebuild it.

Back up now. Thanks for your patience Va Beach

Got your 3 Video files to clean up and rework.

These vids are only 80 Kbps, which is the reason for the quality problems. See what I can do to clean them up, next week.

Really great stuff, I had not seen some of this.

1. Full DLR & VH on stage, together again for the first time in 10 years, at the ’96 MTV Music Awards.

2. Kurt Loder interview with Dave & VH members, backstage after the Awards Show.

3. Interview with the bitching Sisters about Roth, and why the ReUnion idea tanked according to Sir EVH and Pimp AVH.

You're the man Va Beach!

Roth On

Comment

• Carmine
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

Sweet! Tom...and Beach!!

I'll be looking for this when its up!!

Comment

• DLR7884
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Me too!

DLR7884
                          I lost the tape I made back in 96.
                          Originally Posted by WARF:
                          DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• tomballin
                            Commando
                            • Dec 2004

Sorry for the delay. It's hard to find good R.A. slaves these days, lol.

Comment

• Carmine
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
                              Me too!

DLR7884
                              I lost the tape I made back in 96.
                              Same here Bro...my then newborn son...yakked on it! LOL...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

DISCLAIMER: (For those of you who've never seen the video)...

When they come onstage with Dave, and you see the 53 SECOND STANDING O, and you see Dave and Ed embrace, and DON'T get goosebumps, then you're a fucking fraud as a CVH fan....

What a moment, the bastards...

Comment

Working...